Rear Wiper Broke Off On Paudi Infiniti QX60 - Miscellaneous Disasters - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Rear Wiper Broke Off On Paudi Infiniti QX60

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RDynamic

RDynamic

• DX Community
  • 67 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Norev, Autoart, Dealer Editions, Kyosho, and Maisto
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:38 PM

The day my Infiniti QX60 got delivered to me in the mail, I unboxed it and I was very happy. (It was flawless! and filled with cool design features.) That flawless status to it only lasted for another 2 hours until I was gonna put it on the shelf, and I just BARELY nudged the rear wiper accidentally, and it just disconnected itself from the rest of the car. I was like, "Oh this can't be real, are you kidding me right now". I was really mad at myself for not watching my finger nudge the rear wiper. Now I tried to fix it with some superglue (not the best idea) and indeed it wasn't. It was so hard to get the wiper back on at the right position that it kept slipping off from the base where it broke off. Now theres glue smudges on the rear window of the car and some of the paint. I don't know what glue to use to put it back on safely without damaging the model itself even further than it is now, and smudging the rear glass. :gaah:

Here are pictures of the incident:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by RDynamic, 25 March 2020 - 08:40 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 ONLINE   cwbs

cwbs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1003 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Any
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:44 PM

Before trying any kind of repair on models, at the very least you need to equip yourself with proper tools and supplies.

Don't use super glue, use Revell Contacta or equivalent hobby glue.

And to apply on small parts, use either a needle or a thin metal wire (such as AutoArt shipping wires, for example), this way you apply only a tiny drop and won't risk smearing excess glue on surfaces.

To hold small parts in place, you need hobby tweezers. A set of those is pretty cheap to buy so there's no excuse not to have them. Wearing magnifying glasses or headband helps a lot when glueing small bits.

Now the superglue smears on paint, if it's not too extensive, you might be able to use a mild polishing compound, and a few hours of painstaking work.

Plastic surfaces, I am almost 100% sure there's no way to fix glue damage to that, but I might be wrong.

There are other members here on DX with way more experience on that kind of repair than me, so wait to see if they can help.

#3 OFFLINE   RDynamic

RDynamic

• DX Community
  • 67 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Norev, Autoart, Dealer Editions, Kyosho, and Maisto
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:51 PM

View Postcwbs, on 25 March 2020 - 09:44 PM, said:

Before trying any kind of repair on models, at the very least you need to equip yourself with proper tools and supplies.

Don't use super glue, use Revell Contacta or equivalent hobby glue.

And to apply on small parts, use either a needle or a thin metal wire (such as AutoArt shipping wires, for example), this way you apply only a tiny drop and won't risk smearing excess glue on surfaces.

To hold small parts in place, you need hobby tweezers. A set of those is pretty cheap to buy so there's no excuse not to have them. Wearing magnifying glasses or headband helps a lot when glueing small bits.

Now the superglue smears on paint, if it's not too extensive, you might be able to use a mild polishing compound, and a few hours of painstaking work.

Plastic surfaces, I am almost 100% sure there's no way to fix glue damage to that, but I might be wrong.

There are other members here on DX with way more experience on that kind of repair than me, so wait to see if they can help.
Thanks for the info! Will definitely give it a try, (will be more careful next time). Will Tamiya polishing compound do any good for the paint?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.