1/18 VW Jetta MKII (By Mission Models) Vs. VW Jetta MKVII(Sagitar MK3) Dealer Edition..by Paudi Model - DX Sedan | Coupe | Convertible - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1/18 VW Jetta MKII (By Mission Models) Vs. VW Jetta MKVII(Sagitar MK3) Dealer Edition..by Paudi Model

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11217 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:26 PM

Since I never liked the MKI Golf or Jetta, I am starting with MKII. My parents had a MKII Golf and Scirocco MKII back when they were new cars. So, I got used to that generation of VW/Audi Products (My Grandfather also bought an Audi 5000 from that time as well...that Audi became my first car 4 years later in high school). Anyway, I really love these cars. You can always hear them approaching, as their motors have a certain vibration/droning sound. You can feel them basically as a really low bass note.
I still like this MKII design, as it really lasted a while and stood the test of time until the mid 90s MKIII. It looks attractive of this GT trim (Could use a rear spoiler though).
The new MKVII looks smart. It's a very attractive car and the lace style wheels sets the tone for a business & sports sedan vibe. It really looks like a more corporate family member with the rest of the Volkswagen line up now.

As for models, Mission Models is a new-ish company (At least to us in the west), and I am so glad to see them doing a fully opening diecast metal MKII Jetta and also the Daihatsu Charade Sedan & Hatchback as well. Especially at their lowly price point. Basically, it's a fully opening highly detailed diecast, done in the same vein as typical higher quality Chinese dealer edition models. It's got good weight to it. A lot of nice details such as a hidden spare tire(as you will see in my pics and all for a very reasonable price).
The MKVII Padi Model Sagitar(Jetta) is done to Paudi's really well done high standard. It's got many functioning features and perforated front grilles.  Also the wheels and paint are all flawlessly done to a high standard. It's also got a lot of weight to it as well and looks almost like a 1/1 in some of my shots. Again, Paudi Model never disappoints. The lighting, badging and as with my MKII, there is a hidden spare tire takes the cake on my MKVII too!

So, I had to do one of these generational shoots and wanted to share it with my friend s here on DX. Hopefully you'll enjoy the pics!

Begin...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jetta MKII...
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Opened Up!....
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jetta MKVIII....
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Opened Up!...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for looking! Hopefully you found this informative.  CHEERS! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   RDynamic

RDynamic

• DX Community
  • 67 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Norev, Autoart, Dealer Editions, Kyosho, and Maisto
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:48 PM

Love them, I like how you put the old and new model side by side! And as always, they are just filled to the top of the bottle with amazing detail! Also, that windshield washer filler cap looks so realistic that I think you might be able to open it and pour some in there. LOL

#3 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11217 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:12 PM

View PostRDynamic, on 26 March 2020 - 06:48 PM, said:

Love them, I like how you put the old and new model side by side! And as always, they are just filled to the top of the bottle with amazing detail! Also, that windshield washer filler cap looks so realistic that I think you might be able to open it and pour some in there. LOL
Thanks! :danke:  Little details like that really "Sale" the model!! :yahoo:  I really love that we can get such detailed models at a very low cost!! :occasion14:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Yeow Yi Fan

Yeow Yi Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Badminton; Music; Automobiles
  • Number of Models:1:64 x ~2,100
    1:18 x ~40
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: my

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:12 PM

My parents drive a Mk VI. When I was scouring eBay for some Jetta 1:18s this Mk II showed up many times. They were really really cheap (still are I believe) considering the quality.

:giggle: What stopped me from biting the bullet was I had no connection to the Mk II and the sellers had really dubious names which sound like they were created from jumping cats on a keyboard. The fact that most of these sellers have less than stellar reviews was also a cause for pause.

Quite glad I did not buy on impulse but I am glad you bought it to share with us! XD XD

#5 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11217 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:16 PM

View PostYeow Yi Fan, on 26 March 2020 - 09:12 PM, said:

My parents drive a Mk VI. When I was scouring eBay for some Jetta 1:18s this Mk II showed up many times. They were really really cheap (still are I believe) considering the quality.

:giggle: What stopped me from biting the bullet was I had no connection to the Mk II and the sellers had really dubious names which sound like they were created from jumping cats on a keyboard. The fact that most of these sellers have less than stellar reviews was also a cause for pause.

Quite glad I did not buy on impulse but I am glad you bought it to share with us! XD XD
LOL!!! :giggle:  Funny story about the dealer's names!!
I totally got lucky when Model Car World in Germany had a BIG SALE..I went and snapped up one and a couple of models. :yahoo:
I would like that Mission Models also make other 80s models. I'd like to see a better Audi 100/200 (5000CS) Turbo Quattro.
Glad that you liked these pics, it's my pleasure to share with DXers, especially the ones that like models like this :occasion14:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.