Compact Class 2020...Variety of Brands - DX Sedan | Coupe | Convertible - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Compact Class 2020...Variety of Brands

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11469 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 10 April 2020 - 11:28 AM

So, now that my 2020 Corolla was just posted (https://www.diecastx...ls-almost-real/), I can finally move on to my "Compact Class of 2020" review. I feel a little bit disappointed that not a single company has released 1/18th Mazda 3/Hyundai Elantra or Kia Forte models.  That said, I shall power on with this little group of compact sedans.

For me, I will be discussing the best bang for your buck in terms of quality and details for a fully opening diecast car. There are some real stunners in this group and some not so thrilling as well. What I can say is that the worst, let me rephrase that, even the one which is the least desirable out of this group is going to end up a lot better than most current western branded 1/18th scale models these days.

Starting off with the best of the pack, it was a very hard choice. The details and higher quality feel on the VW Sagitar(Jetta), Nissan Slyphy (Sentra) and Ford Focus are just AMAZING! I seriously had a very though time trying to decide which of these was the best? Starting with the Paudi Model made VW Sagitar which is just a wonderful piece. Paudi works very well FAW-VW/Audi of China. For years they have been releasing some exceptional pieces together. The best part is that the quality to price ratio is down right CHEAP! You get a HUGE BANG for your bucks/euros etc. For example with the Sagitar it is done to Paudi's really well done high standard. It has many functioning features and perforated front grilles (Where you can see directly through to the radiator).  Also the wheels and paint are all flawlessly done to a high standard. It's also got a lot of weight to it as well and looks almost like a 1/1 in some of my shots. Again, Paudi Model never disappoints. The lighting, badging plus a hidden spare tire takes the cake on my MKVII too!

On to the Nissan Sylphy (Sentra), Paudi Model does it again. This new 2020 Nissan Slyphy(Sentra) model feels like another more advanced company made it, compared to the last generation Paudi Sylphy model. That's saying a lot, as the 2015 Sylphy model was top notch for it's time in the model car world. The 2020 version has just a bit more finesse and crispness to it detail and construction wise. For example the lights at the rear are freaking awesome! It's really as good, if not better than the 2019 Paudi Model Nissan Altima's. All front grilles are perforated, it's got much better engine detailing, two-tone effect wheels and an amazingly flawless orange paint finish that won me over at first sight. This model has many working features, as does most of Paudi's Models. All of these details, plus having metal chassis, PE badging and highly detailed interiors with sliding seats opening/tilting sunroof/sliding sunshade and even hidden spare tires under the load floor. This thing is a stunna' for sure.

This 2020 Ford Focus ST-Line surprised me. It's a really GOOD MODEL! Fully detailed motor, outstanding details and so many working parts. The biggest thing for me out of this model is the motor, it's all there (or appears to be deep deep casting wise)! Then there is the the gorgeously toned and flawlessly evenly applied blue paint!  I'm in love with this model. The lighting details are spot on, the front grilles are perforated, the wheels are fire! Then it's the ST-line to boot, just short of an RS and it is heavy as all out! The interior can be viewed directly from above through it's gigantic sliding panoramic roof, and it is accurately represented with extraordinarily detailed door cards and seat patterns as well as a fully detailed IP. Open the trunk to view the hidden spare tire under the carpeted trunk/boot load floor. However, the engine bay on this model is the star and the front and real light details. It's such a good model, I could go on and on about it.

The 10 generation Honda Civic Sedan is a little bit further down the list, only because it was released back in 2017 and has one glaring flaw, the front hood should not be part of the front facia ahead of it. It does make opening the hood easier, BUT, it's an error that I can't over look personally. I really like the 10th generation sedan's design, but I hate the new coupe & Hatchback, they look a mess and odd even in Non-Type-R trim. I also had hoped that this model was going to be released in blue and it was for the win in my book.
The model features all opening panels, detailed interior with sliding seats/tilt moonroof with sliding roof panel to keep the sun out. The engine plate has decent detailing, but I miss the full engine that my 2006 model has. What I really like are the two toned wheels and photo-etched badging and yeah, the overall model is nice. I really do love this model and I really do like the current Civic Sedan. It's certainly worth an add to an "Everyday Model" Collectors Collection.

Lastly, my most recent posting, the new 2020 Civic Sedan. I have some mixed, but overall positive feelings with this model. I love that the color is matched perfectly on my example. The fit could be better, especially the front doors which needs a bump-stop to keep them from going too far inwards at the back lower edge of the door. Other than that, I think that the quality is good. Again, it's got flawless paint, photo etched badging & brakes, plus functional moving/folding parts including an opening fuel door cover,  tilt sunroof with inner sliding cover as well as a hidden spare tire under the carpeted rear trunk floor. Speaking of carpeting, the interior features that as well. Personally, I get bored with black interiors, they could have brightened it up a bit on the model with something more lighter, so that we collectors could see some contrasts of interior details. The wheels are done really well and it actually has perforated front grilles. It's a decent model overall, you can't go wrong with that.

In summary, I like all of these models, but It's pretty much a three way tie with the Nissan/Ford/Volkswagen models. However, If I have to pick one that is outstanding, it has to be the Focus, as it is just a gem of a model and the fact that they did an ST-Line version of this model. :10: :eusa_clap: Now, we just need them to make an ST-Line Hot Hatch!! :yahoo:

Compact Class 2020 Is In Session...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers!!! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12100 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:19 PM

Whoa, nice grouping. Classy models.

After looking them over, I like the Ford for myself. The VW is nice too.
The Lonesharks Volvo follow on Instagram

#3 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1692 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 10 April 2020 - 04:41 PM

AWESOME group photo! :occasion14:
I can almost see these shot against an airport rental car diorama :nice:
Man.... Looking at the pictures of the Sylphy / Sentra makes me :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Really want to get one!!!

#4 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11469 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 11:55 AM

View Postpreisman, on 10 April 2020 - 03:19 PM, said:

Whoa, nice grouping. Classy models.

After looking them over, I like the Ford for myself. The VW is nice too.
Thanks Jonathan!! :danke:  I miss those old US imagine covers or Motor Trend TV show with little reviews like this. It's fun to do so in 1/18th scale. :nice:
I too really like the focus and the VW is such an AMAZING model!! Unfortunately when the Focus is really nice it's not sold in N.America anymore.
CHEERS! :occasion14:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11469 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:09 PM

View Posttanayast, on 10 April 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

AWESOME group photo! :occasion14:
I can almost see these shot against an airport rental car diorama :nice:
Man.... Looking at the pictures of the Sylphy / Sentra makes me :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Really want to get one!!!
Thanks Stefanus! :danke: My Pleasure!
Wow, that would be a good background for these to be shown next to, or a super market lot :yahoo:
That Sylphy/Sentra is just an amazing model car!! You will love it!! :occasion14:

#6 OFFLINE   RDynamic

RDynamic

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Norev, Autoart, Dealer Editions, Kyosho, and Maisto
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 11 April 2020 - 09:32 PM

These would look SO nice in a realistic diorama, like parked on the side of the street or by the mall of some sort! I think the Focus is the best overall vehicle here, especially with the panoramic sunroof and the Apple CarPlay on the infotainment screen, LOL. Although, I think the Focus looks better in hatchback form! Or even more interesting, WAGON FORM! LOL

But I am still very disappointed that Ford doesn't sell the NEW Focus here Canada or the US. The only good Focus...and it doesn't come here! :gaah:

Edited by RDynamic, 11 April 2020 - 09:34 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11469 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 03:43 PM

View PostRDynamic, on 11 April 2020 - 09:32 PM, said:

These would look SO nice in a realistic diorama, like parked on the side of the street or by the mall of some sort! I think the Focus is the best overall vehicle here, especially with the panoramic sunroof and the Apple CarPlay on the infotainment screen, LOL. Although, I think the Focus looks better in hatchback form! Or even more interesting, WAGON FORM! LOL

But I am still very disappointed that Ford doesn't sell the NEW Focus here Canada or the US. The only good Focus...and it doesn't come here! :gaah:
To be honest if this virus hadn't happened, then I had planned to snap pics of these and my mid-sizers as well on my street diorama :gaah:
Yeah, this Focus is REALLY a nice model and I am loving that panoramic roof :yahoo: ..a hatch and a wagon would be nice editions to this sedan!
It's a pity that ford or their customers gave up on passenger cars(bar the Mustang) in N.America :occasion14:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.