Ferrari 330 GTC (CMR) - DX Classic | Vintage - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Ferrari 330 GTC (CMR)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12100 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 14 April 2020 - 10:39 PM

Maybe I saw this often, but this is one of my favorite early Ferrari GT cars. I enjoy the shorter wheelbase, body style. And the rear end just slopes away making it look like it's speeding even at a stand still.

CMR made the model, and they did a great job. All the trim, bumpers and wheels look excellent for this price range. These are usually the parts that look cheapest on inexpensive models. So, well done. Paint is nice, but the flake is a bit much in these photos. In person it does not show as much, but it is there. They just don't have the refinement you see from GT Spirit.

But, over all this is an awesome model. One of my favorites, finally as a model, is a great addition to my collection. Hope they come out with other colors, though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
The Lonesharks Volvo follow on Instagram

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Cristi

Cristi

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:books and rock music \m/
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Kyosho, CMC, GTSpirit, BBR
  • Proud Citizen of: ro

Posted 15 April 2020 - 01:36 AM

Nice job from CMR. The windows seem to be pretty solid and well fixed compared to other resins.

#3 OFFLINE   Maarten Mercedes

Maarten Mercedes

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 582 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, BOS, CMC, KK-scale, Norev, Ottomobile
  • Proud Citizen of: nl

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:12 AM

I really like the lesser known Ferrari's from this era. Nice to see them in a different colour that red too :drool5:
Maarten
Posted Image
Flickr

#4 OFFLINE   kitefighter

kitefighter

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 891 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:17 AM

That's a very nice model, particularly in this period correct colour. This car is one of my favourite Ferraris that would like add one to my collection one day. All classic V12 engine Ferraris are very special and this was the benchmark GT that other cars were measured against, not least the first Lamborghini.

http://www.330gt.com...ctane200911.htm

You have presented the model very well with outdoor photography. Thank you for sharing this model on this forum. Do you have other classic Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Maseratis to show us?

Edited by kitefighter, 15 April 2020 - 07:17 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12100 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 15 April 2020 - 09:22 AM

View Postkitefighter, on 15 April 2020 - 07:17 AM, said:

That's a very nice model, particularly in this period correct colour. This car is one of my favourite Ferraris that would like add one to my collection one day. All classic V12 engine Ferraris are very special and this was the benchmark GT that other cars were measured against, not least the first Lamborghini.

http://www.330gt.com...ctane200911.htm

You have presented the model very well with outdoor photography. Thank you for sharing this model on this forum. Do you have other classic Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Maseratis to show us?

Thanks! I do have a lot of classic Ferrari's and a couple Lambos and Maseratis. My collection thread below will have links to all my posts, just have to wonder through the pages. There are quite a few. Cheers!

https://www.diecastx...update-ferrari/

View PostMaarten Mercedes, on 15 April 2020 - 03:12 AM, said:

I really like the lesser known Ferrari's from this era. Nice to see them in a different colour that red too :drool5:

There are only a couple Ferrari models I want in red, otherwise I want something different.

View PostCristi, on 15 April 2020 - 01:36 AM, said:

Nice job from CMR. The windows seem to be pretty solid and well fixed compared to other resins.

Yeah, forgot to mention that. They are not super thin like BoS. It looks like they will last.
The Lonesharks Volvo follow on Instagram

#6 OFFLINE   Mike K

Mike K

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 5449 posts
  • Number of Models:100-110
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Autoart, UT, Cult, Tecnomodel

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:50 PM

Looks good for the money and yes, it's really great that they're making these Ferrari deep cuts :eusa_clap:  I hope to add some soon, I'd also like to see a 365 GT 2+2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.