Ferrari 312 P - 1970 12 Hours of Sebring - DX Motorsports - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Ferrari 312 P - 1970 12 Hours of Sebring

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12100 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 17 April 2020 - 05:15 PM

The 1970 12 Hours of Sebring was held at the 5.2 mile Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, Florida on the 21st of March, 1970. The race was won by a Ferrari, but not this one. The winning Ferrari 512 S was co-driven by none other than Mario Andretti. Second place was a Porsche 908/02 driven by Steve McQueen. The field was deep with international and American drivers.

This Ferrari 312 P was entered by the North American Racing Team, commonly referred to as NART. The drivers were Mike Parkes of Britain and American Chuck Parsons. If you know how Ferrari nomenclature worked back in the day, you'll know this is powered by a 3L V12. The NART cars were iconic in design with the white and blue stripe. I loved the look of these Ferrari's and are always the team/cars I prefer to collect.

The model is from Tecnomodel. It is sealed, which is a shame. But, it has nice details and the stance and proportions. It looks mean, it looks fast, and it looks great on display with all my other classic Ferrari racecars.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
The Lonesharks Volvo follow on Instagram

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 ONLINE   vulpex

vulpex

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1681 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: de

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:58 AM

Congrats Jon to this beauty!!! :occasion14:
IMO the Ferraris of the late 60s belong to the most beautiful race cars ever and the 312P is a good example.
Glad to have the opening diecast by CMC but it’s only plain body version while the race livery looks sooo good on yours!

With the 330 P4 I felt forced go sealed resine because the opening diecast by GMP was so wrong in look and stance.
BTW: Great to see that Tecnomodel is offering the 312P with rivets on the body - with the 330 P4 they failed in this respect...

Edited by vulpex, 18 April 2020 - 08:03 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   ibj40

ibj40

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5048 posts
  • Favorite Brands:.

Posted 18 April 2020 - 08:35 AM

McQueen and Revson won!

Timing and Scoring missed a lap when they were in the pits.  :mad2:

#4 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12100 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 22 April 2020 - 07:40 PM

View Postvulpex, on 18 April 2020 - 07:58 AM, said:

Congrats Jon to this beauty!!! :occasion14:
IMO the Ferraris of the late 60s belong to the most beautiful race cars ever and the 312P is a good example.
Glad to have the opening diecast by CMC but it’s only plain body version while the race livery looks sooo good on yours!

With the 330 P4 I felt forced go sealed resine because the opening diecast by GMP was so wrong in look and stance.
BTW: Great to see that Tecnomodel is offering the 312P with rivets on the body - with the 330 P4 they failed in this respect...

Every time CMC releases a Ferrari, I want it. I can afford it. And there is no reason not to buy one. And I never do. It saddens me. As for teh GMP, so many seem to have issues I was afraid to by one. Sealed is fine for me. They seem to get the shape right, and the details more fine; like the rivets. Diecast can be chunky sometimes.

View Postibj40, on 18 April 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

McQueen and Revson won!

Timing and Scoring missed a lap when they were in the pits.  :mad2:

Really Jim? I am not sure I know the whole story of the race. I will have to look it up.
The Lonesharks Volvo follow on Instagram

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.