Black Italian Stallions - DX Classic | Vintage - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Black Italian Stallions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2339 posts
  • Interests:keeping it stock...
  • Number of Models:300++
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 22 April 2020 - 08:17 AM

Three Italian beauties from late 60s/early 70s...

They were made by Kyosho and Minichamps respectively from a time where pretty much all 1/18 models were made in diecast form with full opening.

Lamborghini SV
Ferrari Daytona
Maserati Ghibli

Posted ImageUntitled by jazzy426, on Flickr

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   cwbs

cwbs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1150 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Any
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:35 AM

Great models, they look awesome together! :eusa_clap: :occasion14:

The original Ghibli design is my favourite, that's a proper cruiser! Love the stance and the lines on it! :drool5:

#3 OFFLINE   s52z3mc

s52z3mc

• DX Community
  • 25 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 22 April 2020 - 12:54 PM

Very nice. I had Ghibli, but sold it as it didn't fit into my collection. Still have Daytona and Miura, in different colors though. Great models, all 3.

#4 OFFLINE   34brk88

34brk88

• DX Community
  • 30 posts
  • Number of Models:75
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart&CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: tr

Posted 22 April 2020 - 08:52 PM

I loved the Ghibli in black.

#5 OFFLINE   rapide66

rapide66

• DX Community
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Ferrari, Aston Martin, Audi
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of: hk

Posted 22 April 2020 - 09:36 PM

Loving the Ghibli as well! The detail looks quite nice on that model.

#6 OFFLINE   Mike K

Mike K

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 5449 posts
  • Number of Models:100-110
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Autoart, UT, Cult, Tecnomodel
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 22 April 2020 - 09:37 PM

Truly epic trio :eusa_clap:  The black with tan interior looks amazing on these GT shapes and with a luxury interior, just perfect.
With that Daytona, I think that the pop-up headlights and black and tan make that the best looking Daytona in 1:18, I'd love one to go with my yellow with plexiglass headlights. I have the same black Ghibli, and again, the color combo just makes it look so good.  And it's special in that it's one of the only good quality, opening diecast, classic Maseratis.

#7 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3646 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, GMP

Posted 22 April 2020 - 09:49 PM

Lovely assortment and photo montague of three classic supercar options. The colour combination of the Miura is spot on.

For me though the black Ferrari Daytona by Kyosho is a personal favourite. This was the first model car gifted to me by my wife 20 years ago. It is the only one that she has bought for me as a surprise and to this day takes pride of place amongst the many model cars I have accrued.

It has been said before but both Minichamps and Kyosho were at the top of their capabilities with these models - look after them, cherish them, becasue sadly the days of picking up classics like these are long past - I pity new collectors today that are buying these now at a massive premium

Posted Image

#8 ONLINE   giamino

giamino

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2812 posts
  • Favorite Brands:kyosho, maisto, bbr
  • Proud Citizen of: my

Posted 22 April 2020 - 09:57 PM

That Daytona is just stunning! The model really looks amazing considering its age. Thanks for sharing!

This also reminds me of an old Top Gear episode where they bought 3 budget supercars (Ferrari Dino, Maserati Merak and Lamborghini Urraco) and all three were just a complete mess. Altho I think they would much rather have these 3 instead if they could. Haha.

#9 OFFLINE   Scuddy

Scuddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2207 posts
  • Favorite Brands:No preference
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:24 AM

wonderful trio. Can you imagine the sound of all three pulling away from the lights? I have the Daytona in red with the plexiglass front. I think I've got Miuras now; my black SV has silver wheels though, but the Gold wheels look extra butch :-)

#10 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2339 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 12:30 PM

View Postcwbs, on 22 April 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

Great models, they look awesome together! :eusa_clap: :occasion14:

The original Ghibli design is my favourite, that's a proper cruiser! Love the stance and the lines on it! :drool5:

Same here. The Ghibli definitely looks to be a long range grand tourer designed to cruise across European countries with ease.

View Posts52z3mc, on 22 April 2020 - 12:54 PM, said:

Very nice. I had Ghibli, but sold it as it didn't fit into my collection. Still have Daytona and Miura, in different colors though. Great models, all 3.

I managed to get all 3 variants of the Daytona from Kyosho, the earlier plexiglass headlight version, this popup light version and the competizione. Too bad they never get around to make the spyder version. I had a goal to also get all 3 versions of Kyosho's Miura so far missing the middle child the P400S.

View Post34brk88, on 22 April 2020 - 08:52 PM, said:

I loved the Ghibli in black.

View Postrapide66, on 22 April 2020 - 09:36 PM, said:

Loving the Ghibli as well! The detail looks quite nice on that model.

Thanks guys. The old Ghibli is a beauty. Would love more of these classic Maserati. Somehow I feel that older Maseratis are somewhat under represented in the 1/18 world. There are some 1/18 resins popped up in the past couple years or so but they are low volume production and are quite costly. :(

View PostMike K, on 22 April 2020 - 09:37 PM, said:

Truly epic trio :eusa_clap:  The black with tan interior looks amazing on these GT shapes and with a luxury interior, just perfect.
With that Daytona, I think that the pop-up headlights and black and tan make that the best looking Daytona in 1:18, I'd love one to go with my yellow with plexiglass headlights. I have the same black Ghibli, and again, the color combo just makes it look so good.  And it's special in that it's one of the only good quality, opening diecast, classic Maseratis.

Thanks Mike. Totally agree with you about black with tan interior works brilliantly on GT cars. I also happen to have the plexiglass version of Daytona in yellow. Just too bad Kyosho never issue a spyder version. I am actually kinda on a look out for a cheapie Daytona Spyder from Hot Wheels..  :rolleyes:

View Postsimondc07, on 22 April 2020 - 09:49 PM, said:

Lovely assortment and photo montague of three classic supercar options. The colour combination of the Miura is spot on.

For me though the black Ferrari Daytona by Kyosho is a personal favourite. This was the first model car gifted to me by my wife 20 years ago. It is the only one that she has bought for me as a surprise and to this day takes pride of place amongst the many model cars I have accrued.

It has been said before but both Minichamps and Kyosho were at the top of their capabilities with these models - look after them, cherish them, becasue sadly the days of picking up classics like these are long past - I pity new collectors today that are buying these now at a massive premium

Totally agree with you there Simon about the days of buying these classic beauties at the reasonable prices are gone. Nowadays we are presented with just sealed models and they are no mean cheap at all. The Daytona (not this one) is one of my first few 1/18 models. I unknownly bought a HWE version of it but wasn't totally satisfied with it and I continued to hunt for Kyosho made Daytonas.

View Postgiamino, on 22 April 2020 - 09:57 PM, said:

That Daytona is just stunning! The model really looks amazing considering its age. Thanks for sharing!

This also reminds me of an old Top Gear episode where they bought 3 budget supercars (Ferrari Dino, Maserati Merak and Lamborghini Urraco) and all three were just a complete mess. Altho I think they would much rather have these 3 instead if they could. Haha.

Thanks bro. Speaking of the Top Gear's budget supercars challenge, I still love that episode to this day. Wish I could re-enact that but I am missing the merak LOL. And the Dino and Urraco i have are in wrong colour haha.

View PostScuddy, on 23 April 2020 - 10:24 AM, said:

wonderful trio. Can you imagine the sound of all three pulling away from the lights? I have the Daytona in red with the plexiglass front. I think I've got Miuras now; my black SV has silver wheels though, but the Gold wheels look extra butch :-)

For sure Scud. Drag race between these three eh. The sound will be symphony for my ears. What you described kind of remind me this video made last year...

Lamborghini Miura S "Millechiodi" vs Ferrari 365 GTB/4 "Daytona"

https://www.youtube....h?v=kTJIQ6VyPoM

Showdown between Arturo Merzario and Valentino Balboni, in black Daytona and Miura respectively.

#11 OFFLINE   kitefighter

kitefighter

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 891 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 28 April 2020 - 07:45 PM

Very very nice threesome. I have the Miura and Daytona but missed out on the Maserati when they were first released. Every collector has a "coulda, shoulda woulda" tale to tell. I wish I could take such nice pictures as you. So clear, so much detail. Thanks for the post.

#12 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2339 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:41 AM

Thanks mate. The Daytona and Miura are probably the two "must have" for those who appreciate vintage Italian exotics. Which will also explain why there were quite a few manufacturers made these models in the past.. Techno Giodi, Solido, Hotwheels, Kyosho and recently Technomodel all made the Daytona in various configurations. And Polistil, Anson, Bburago, Welly, Kyosho and Autoart produced the mighty Miura. Sadly Maserati of old were not very popular in 1/18 back in the day.

To be frank I am rubbish at taking photos LOL i think i have my iphone camera to thank to for these photos LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.