Are Auto Place Models back in business - Miscellaneous Brands - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Are Auto Place Models back in business

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   msousa71

msousa71

• DX Community
  • 70 posts
  • Favorite Brands:lamborghini
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 22 April 2020 - 12:11 PM

Hi, guys, I was browsing eBay today and came across this new Aventador model that says its an Auto Place model, I heard they disappeared after the tsunami happened years ago way before the Aventador model was released so this dosnt make any sense unless they are back.

Any news about these guys being back in business any rumors, anyone heard anything?

Here is the picture of the APM Aventador pretty amazing except I don't like the color.

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Alex SZ1996

Alex SZ1996

• DX Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 6487 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Japan, Italy and more.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, Pocher
  • Proud Citizen of: dk

Posted 22 April 2020 - 12:13 PM

it was Versus that disapeared in the tsunami in Japan 2011.

#3 OFFLINE   Guiddy

Guiddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1776 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 22 April 2020 - 01:42 PM

Why are the rear wheels tucked so far under the arch? What makes you think it's a good model?

#4 OFFLINE   msousa71

msousa71

• DX Community
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 02:14 PM

View PostGuiddy, on 22 April 2020 - 01:42 PM, said:

Why are the rear wheels tucked so far under the arch? What makes you think it's a good model?

Yes the rear wheels do seem to be tucked in at least in this image, APM did produce some really nice models when they were around for that reason and also because of all the aftermarket tuning done to this model, the color is horrible though!

#5 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30932 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models

Posted 22 April 2020 - 03:25 PM

I've just seen that it's 900 USD, in my opinion if you are going to spend that much money on a model, buy one that looks nice and not one as hideous as that.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#6 OFFLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 12140 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Peako,Frontiart,Amalgam

Posted 22 April 2020 - 04:22 PM

I asked the same question to Morry at collector studio for their 1/12 models and he tried to get in touch with his contacts but couldn't get in touch with anyone from APM/Model workshop,seems they have just stopped making models all together ? A pity because they had some unique subjects which are now wanted by a lot of collectors from what i have been told and seen. :twocents: :occasion14:

#7 OFFLINE   msousa71

msousa71

• DX Community
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:36 AM

View Postdrivinghermad, on 22 April 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

I asked the same question to Morry at collector studio for their 1/12 models and he tried to get in touch with his contacts but couldn't get in touch with anyone from APM/Model workshop,seems they have just stopped making models all together ? A pity because they had some unique subjects which are now wanted by a lot of collectors from what i have been told and seen. :twocents: :occasion14:
I wonder how this new model popped up on eBay maybe is mislabeled as an APM model or transkit

#8 OFFLINE   Phatboi101

Phatboi101

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2421 posts
  • Interests:Just started on Instagram, give me a follow: @phatboi.modelcars
  • Favorite Brands:Ignition Models, FrontiArt, Peako, BBR
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:31 PM

I'm pretty sure that's a legit APM release, but it's not new. It might have been one of their last releases they did when they were still around as it looks familiar to me, they also did a lot of tuner models towards the end as it was getting popular around that time. Regarding the price, their stuff can go for a lot of money depending on the model, but the market is small for their stuff since these days collectors would spend that type of money on Davis & Giovanni models instead (IMO), which is like today's version of APM/Versus models. As far as I know they are no longer around, they stopped making models quite suddenly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.