1/18 Autoart Bugatti Veyron Edition Centenaire chrome questions - AUTOart | UT Models - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1/18 Autoart Bugatti Veyron Edition Centenaire chrome questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Sir Arun

Sir Arun

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Diecast, MTG, 40k, PC gaming, political squabbling, history & astronomy
  • Number of Models:plenty of 1/24s, 1/18s and a few 1/43s and Kinsmarts.
  • Favorite Brands:Welly
  • Proud Citizen of: at

Posted 24 April 2020 - 09:16 AM

Hey guys,

I was wondering whether there are owners of said model that can tell me a little more about it. These things used to retail 300 USD if I recall and currently saw them on sale for half the price. However, images I have seen on the net have given me the impression the sale is happening for a reason; the chrome panels for the doors seem to decolorize over time (oxidization?) and honestly I would be afraid to even take a microfibre cloth near these hypersensitive chrome panels. This model is about 10 years old as the centenary was in 2009, and I dont know how 10 years from now the issues may progress. Plus I feel like the all-black interior is disappointing, considering the usual RRP of this model.

On the other hand, picking up an Autoart Veyron for half the price seems very much like a fantastic opportunity, were it not for these doubts of mine.

Would you say the car is worth buying, or is saving up and buying Veyrons with regular paintjobs a more futureproof investment?

Posted Image

Edited by Sir Arun, 24 April 2020 - 09:18 AM.

I run a YouTube channel called Imperial Diecast here: https://www.youtube....1oxnfg/featured

And make sure to check out my model car photos on flickr as well! https://[email protected]/albums

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   mcaf123

mcaf123

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3759 posts
  • Interests:Instagram - @themodelcarcritic
    Facebook - The Model Car Critic
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, CMC, GT Spirit, Top Marques
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 24 April 2020 - 10:13 AM

Firstly, the model definitely isn't 10 years old - according to Diecast.org it came out in June 2015.
Secondly, am I right in saying the polished parts are made in aluminium just like the Pur Sang was? If so, AUTOart gave this guidance on how to polish it:
"As with the real Veyron Pur Sang, the finish of the AUTOart 1:18-scale model requires some maintenance. Aluminum alloy is also subject to oxidation at a very slow rate in dry and indoor condition and the surface will slowly turn dull after one or two years. Happily, as with tarnished silverware, it is easily re-polished to make the model look brand new. Owners can use any commercially available tarnish remover such as Brasso or Autosol, or any aluminum polishing cream such as 3M Marine Aluminum Restorer or Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish. As you polish your model, you can be certain that somewhere, in some beautiful garage, somebody is doing the exact same thing to the body of a real Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Pur Sang"
Please check out my collection thread HERE
Posted Image
Review portfolio: https://themodelcarcritic.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook...modelcarcritic/
Instagram page: @themodelcarcritic
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzS5wbCpLx-e7XxMDJa7SqA

#3 OFFLINE   Arnage

Arnage

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 936 posts
  • Interests:Modern and classic cars
  • Number of Models:140
  • Favorite Brands:CMC & Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 24 April 2020 - 05:37 PM

I bought my blue Edition Centenaire when in came out in 2015. The polished parts are made of diecast aluminum with a very smooth finish. In my opinion they are unique pieces and worth it just for this reason. However many had finish issues when they came out and it could be the reason they end up in sale now. I bough mine in a physical store and both copies in stock had issues. They ordered another one for me which was almost perfect but I decided to polish a door with Brasso to just make it perfect. I have it for 5 years now and it did not tarnish. But if it happens, not a problem I will just use the polishing cream.
See my collection here
Instagram:
@stradale333

#4 OFFLINE   AN02EWC

AN02EWC

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 220 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Auto art frontiart
  • Proud Citizen of: uk

Posted 28 April 2020 - 12:05 PM

Had my pure sang for about 5 yrs no issues either just had to give it a light polish when it arrived and been perfect ever since

#5 OFFLINE   Guiddy

Guiddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1778 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 29 April 2020 - 05:31 AM

Well worth the discounted price. They are heavy and make a great addition to any collection. The chrome isn't perfect but will polish up to a degree.

Rash on the painted panels may be the only issue that wil cause big probems.

Edited by Guiddy, 29 April 2020 - 05:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.