Unopened Ferrari 430 Coupe - Worth 20? - Hot Wheels | Mattel - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Unopened Ferrari 430 Coupe - Worth 20?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   aBelga_v2

aBelga_v2

• DX Community
  • 55 posts
  • Number of Models:4
  • Favorite Brands:Norev, GT Autos
  • Proud Citizen of:uk

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:34 PM

Hi guys,

I have recently come across this listing on eBay, which I find pretty tempting https://www.ebay.co....ed/174270429552

The question I have however is, can I go wrong with it? Let's say I bid and win it for £20, with shipping it should be around £30.

There are better models for that money, like the Bburago Bugatti Divo I just bought cost me £35.

However, the fact that it has the original factory seal and that it is a HotWheels Ferrari... hhmmmmm, I don't know.. Help me out please. Anyone has this particular model? Maybe a few words pro/con?

If you are interested in my 1/18 collection, feel free to click the link below  :rolleyes:

https://www.diecastx...118-collection/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30932 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:54 PM

I'd pay that for it. You have to know though that not all of it opens. I think it's just the doors. Also, I maybe wrong, but I think not all of it is diecast, I think the hood and trunk are plastic.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#3 OFFLINE   cwbs

cwbs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1150 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Any
  • Proud Citizen of:ie

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:58 PM

I'm pretty sure many people in here have that one. I happen to have two, the second bought by mistake.

If you like Ferraris, that is a nice budget model and definitely worth the £30 if unopened.

That model doesn't seem to suffer from paint rash, unlike many other Hot Wheels. Mine at least doesn't. The only downside many will point out are the dog leg doors.

@Craig: that one is a older Foundation, so it's fully openable, and all diecast.

#4 OFFLINE   Alex SZ1996

Alex SZ1996

• DX Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 6487 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Japan, Italy and more.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, Pocher
  • Proud Citizen of:dk

Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:59 PM

the F430 opens doors, trunk, and engine cover. hood/trunk is of metal, cant remember for engine cover.
even if it is unopened, it could have some paint rash. it's hard to tell until you have it out in your hands.

#5 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30932 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 06 May 2020 - 04:06 PM

@cwbs, cool, all good!!

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#6 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2339 posts
  • Interests:keeping it stock...
  • Number of Models:300++
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 06 May 2020 - 07:18 PM

i would buy it.. but £20 is probably the most i would go for maybe slightly more if there is no postage. I think they are getting a bit rare now especially NIB condition. I only ever have F430 spyder and won't mind a cheapie F430 foundation to go with. I paid AUD45 many years ago for an unboxed one locally. Looking back I think i paid bit too much for one.

#7 OFFLINE   Mike K

Mike K

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 5449 posts
  • Number of Models:100-110
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Autoart, UT, Cult, Tecnomodel
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:35 AM

I got rid of mine a while ago.  The wheels make it look really bad, the rims are way too big and the tires are way too thin.  This was a serious problem with Hot Wheels, even on many Elites.
I say, only bother with it if you really love the F430, and aren't in the market for the BBR.  Hot Wheels 308, F512M, 612 Scaglietti are some that are great for 20, but not this or any of the other ones that have blatantly wrong wheels.

#8 OFFLINE   winstoncds

winstoncds

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4151 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Ebbro IXO
  • Proud Citizen of:in

Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:47 AM

I agree with Mike👆 While it is a nice model with proper dimensions, the paint is a bit on the thin side and gets chipped easily around the edges of the bonnet. The wheels definitely a week point as the tires look like elastic bands around them.
I know Kung-fu
and 50 other such dangerous words.

#9 OFFLINE   aBelga_v2

aBelga_v2

• DX Community
  • 55 posts
  • Number of Models:4
  • Favorite Brands:Norev, GT Autos
  • Proud Citizen of:uk

Posted 07 May 2020 - 06:25 AM

Thanks guys. After reading your comments, I decided to pass on the opportunity. I am sure a similar deal will come around sooner or later  :rolleyes: In the mean time, I'll save the money for an AUTOArt Ford Focus RS :giggle:

If you are interested in my 1/18 collection, feel free to click the link below  :rolleyes:

https://www.diecastx...118-collection/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.