CitroŽn C6.....by Norev - DX Sedan | Coupe | Convertible - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

CitroŽn C6.....by Norev

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11470 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of:†us

Posted 10 May 2020 - 10:49 PM

Fancy. That word best describes this most highly of detailed and functional Norev 1/18th scale models ever made (Sans working top cabrios).  Next set of words..unique, fascinating, dramatic, innovative, artistic, avant garde and most importantly different, for better or worse. Those are the words that I use to describe this most distinct model of the early 2000s era Citroens. In fact sedan wise, there hasn't been anything like this one in a long while from PSA.

This Citroen C6 and the 2005 Audi A6 Sedan & Avant as well as the A4 Cabrio all have to be the best made Norev 1/18th scales ever. However, the Citroen C6 is the best of the lot. It has special colored windows and is over built in some areas with working features,  never seen on Norevs afterwards. This is just the beginning to an opening of a model long over due for a proper review in my collection for more than 14 years.

I should be ashamed of myself for having this model for around 14 years and am now really taking it out for a proper photo review. This model is still one of the best Norevs of all times.

First off, it's highly detailed, and has working features like the sliding storage on all four inner door cards and well as fully opening body. Even the rear exhaust tip had an actual smooth ring over over it like the 1/1 which dropped off of my model during one of my world moves for work? Anyway, had I not said anything, it probably wouldn't have been noticed.  With this one, you have to look at the attention to detail. Things like the delicate or intricate wheel centers which matches the front grille, two-toned interior seating, green tinted windows, full engine detailing, and an amazing rash free paint finish to wrap it all together. This model is a real gem and the good news is, that Norev is supposed to re-release it this year in a lighter gray (Not as dark as the grey dealer version...Which is stored somewhere).

This was a fun review, glad to share this unique piece here on DX!

Cheers!

Begin..

Posted Image

Exterior...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Opened Up Interior/Engine Bay-Motor...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Cheers! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   mbc112

mbc112

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3060 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC,Norev, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:†be

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:56 AM

Not the most beautiful CitroŽn ever released, but great detail for a 14 year old model !
Gunther - 15 years on DiecastXchange....

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1692 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:†id

Posted 12 May 2020 - 07:14 AM

For a 14-year old model it looks like it still can stand against the newest releases in terms of build quality and details! :occasion14:
Paint is nicely applied. And look at those PERFECT body panel alignments :drool5:
I have to say even though the exterior design isn't my favorite, but it's well made and the interior is AMAZINGLY put together in this old Norev!

Edited by tanayast, 12 May 2020 - 07:15 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12100 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:17 AM

Always wanted this model. Just never sure if it was worth it. Bits look dated, but still looks great. Good to see it is a worthy model.
The Lonesharks Volvo follow on Instagram

#5 OFFLINE   Maarten Mercedes

Maarten Mercedes

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 582 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, BOS, CMC, KK-scale, Norev, Ottomobile
  • Proud Citizen of:†nl

Posted 12 May 2020 - 02:33 PM

My favorite modern Citroën. I hope they will re-release it as these go for crazy prices now.
Maarten
Posted Image
Flickr

#6 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11470 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 05:22 PM

View Postmbc112, on 11 May 2020 - 07:56 AM, said:

Not the most beautiful Citroën ever released, but great detail for a 14 year old model !
Thanks Gunther! :danke: This model literally stood the test of time!! :yahoo:
Sorry for the late reply..my computer crashed and the password recovery system isn't working :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: ..I had to find an old password to long in. :mad2:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#7 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11470 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 05:37 PM

View Posttanayast, on 12 May 2020 - 07:14 AM, said:

For a 14-year old model it looks like it still can stand against the newest releases in terms of build quality and details! :occasion14:
Paint is nicely applied. And look at those PERFECT body panel alignments :drool5:
I have to say even though the exterior design isn't my favorite, but it's well made and the interior is AMAZINGLY put together in this old Norev!
Stefanus, this model is absolutely AMAZING by today's Norev standards :eusa_clap:
They really had something to prove back then and even thought they did some good models these days, they need to get back to higher detailed and full engine models like this!! :nice:
Everything on this model is just about flawless. I still love this old blue gem!! :occasion14:

#8 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11470 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:50 PM

View Postpreisman, on 12 May 2020 - 09:17 AM, said:

Always wanted this model. Just never sure if it was worth it. Bits look dated, but still looks great. Good to see it is a worthy model.
Hey Jon. Norev is supposed to release it again in light grey this summer. :yahoo: It's really an outstanding model! It would certainly fit in among your Citroen collection. :occasion14:

#9 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11470 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:03 PM

View PostMaarten Mercedes, on 12 May 2020 - 02:33 PM, said:

My favorite modern Citroën. I hope they will re-release it as these go for crazy prices now.
Mine too Maarten, although we sold our 1/1 Citroën C5 in early 2019 Those as well as the Current DS5 were the most interesting modern Citroën sedans :eusa_clap:

This model is to be re-released this summer in light grey! :yahoo: Cheers! :occasion14:

#10 OFFLINE   Scuddy

Scuddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2207 posts
  • Favorite Brands:No preference
  • Proud Citizen of:†gb

Posted 15 May 2020 - 08:09 AM

fabulous, individual and distinctive car. Great diecast and pics, David!

#11 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11470 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 12:13 AM

View PostScuddy, on 15 May 2020 - 08:09 AM, said:

fabulous, individual and distinctive car. Great diecast and pics, David!
Thanks so much!! I really needed to get around to shooting this one. Ironically I almost uploaded my pics to my desktop, but my computer crashed earlier this week. So, I was lucky to have left this on my memory stick..whew! :bawling:  Hopefully data recovery can save all of my other pics and files on that computer. Using my old one at the moment!
BTW, I just commented on your AMAZING review of that W123!! That was a good read and write up!! :eusa_clap:  CHEERS!!! :occasion14:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.