1/18 2020 Lexus UX 260h & UX 260h Re-Fitted DEs...by Sum's Models/Almost Real - DX Trucks | SUV | Haulers - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1/18 2020 Lexus UX 260h & UX 260h Re-Fitted DEs...by Sum's Models/Almost Real

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11545 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 20 May 2020 - 06:57 AM

Now, these two weren't vehicles which I had ever expected to show up as 1/18th scale models  and I certainly wasn't looking to add them. However, as the Chinese are really serious about their accurate 1/18th scale dealer promotions and the fact that Sum's Model(Almost Real) made these, it was a must. Sum's Models actually made two versions of the GA-C platformed UXs (same as the Toyota C-HR and 2020 Corolla). I just had to add both. More on that C-HR in the next article.

For me, the UX or "Urban Explorer" is a strange/interesting car-crossover. It's sits both model wise and literally under Lexus' NX which sits under the RX. The UX is not even trying to pretend to be a serious off-roader. Which is honest on them. It really does feel like a professional youthful city dweller's ride or an empty-nester's daily transport used just before and after retirement to get around and hit antique shops in (Something that hipster's also like to do). That said, I can see this crossover really being a crossover between generations as well.
The UX is well suited for a really young family of means or for someone that needs versatile spaces with in their transportation, but that doesn't want the burden of trying to maneuver around in a larger vehicle. Also with it being a Lexus, the reliability and Toyota crossover factor comes into play. The strangeness about the UX is, that it really doesn't have that much cargo space in the rear hatch area when the back seats are up and in use by passengers. Speaking of the latter, it's really not the best environment for taller people in those back seats. That area is best left for younger kids or smaller adults. Perhaps some average sized adults could tag along to lunch or some other short distance activities, but not for the long haul. Personally I wouldn't seek this one out for a spot in our garage, but it's still an interesting car nevertheless in Lexus' line up.

What's really cool is that Sum's Models/Almost Real detailed the heck out of these models! Hell, for that reason alone, they are worth adding. I am impressed to say the least.  You have to be amazed that there are two versions of these UXs released at the same time. One UX (my orange one which was the International debut color) is the UX260h and the other is the UX260h "Re-fitted" (my white one). Both of their details are spot on. They each have photo-etched badging, authentic Lexus supplied paint, fully carpeted interior, removable rear load floor (also carpeted) with hidden under stowage, functioning front sliding seats, tilting moon-roof with inner sliding cover, opening center console, patterned two-toned seats, folding side mirrors, realistic strut supported rear hatch, realistic dual material hood/bonnet hinge (No doglegs here), the motor even comes with a magnetized engine cover which can be removed to show the mechanical bits underneath it, fully working suspension,  dual-toned polished/black high contrast wheels (like the 1/1), faithfully recreated fully working suspension, fully opening body shell and a metal chassis with an individualized serial number underneath. Now, it doesn't come with an opening fuel tank(which I am glad for, as those often interrupts or disrupts the body's flush finished lines). The only thing that I can call out (again) on these Sum's Models/Almost Real Lexus DEs are sealed non-perforated front main grilles, that's it. Not one other complaint. They are magnificent!

Two other real differences between these UX 260h models are, that the "Re-Fitted" version comes with a more aggressive lower body kit as well as a rolling carry-on Lexus specific suitcase..for those business people on the move. That suitcase is a really nice touch as well as such a cool prop and finished to a very high level, as is the Re-Fitted's lower body kit. For those two differences, this is why I went ahead and splurged on two of these (as well as being a huge all things Lexus and Infiniti model fan).

With all of the crazy flight delays for international shipping at the moment due to the epidemic, it took me about two and a half months to finally get mine. However it was worth the wait.  I highly recommend these two models. Glad that Sum's Models picked up where AUTOart left off detail and subject matter wise (since they rarely do Japanese cars these days).

**Bonus** Below are some comparison pics of the UXs with their Toyota platform cousin the C-HR & IZOA below.

Begin...Lexus UX 260h
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lexus UX 260h Re-Fitted...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

***BONUS*** Platform Mates (Same But Not The Same) Lexus UX 260h Vs. Toyota C-HR/IZOA... :occasion14:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1748 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:39 AM

Dave, you know me well enough, so the first thing I looked at in your pics are the panel alignments. And boy are they perfect!! :occasion14:
Not to state the obvious, but the traditional high-end brands can learn from these guys regarding build quality and details.

Interestingly these looks like USDM spec with the amber side markers.

Thanks for reviewing it and sharing your pics as usual! :occasion14:

#3 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11545 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:50 AM

tanayast, on 20 May 2020 - 07:39 AM, said:

Dave, you know me well enough, so the first thing I looked at in your pics are the panel alignments. And boy are they perfect!! :occasion14:
Not to state the obvious, but the traditional high-end brands can learn from these guys regarding build quality and details.

Interestingly these looks like USDM spec with the amber side markers.

Thanks for reviewing it and sharing your pics as usual! :occasion14:
Thanks Stefanus! :danke:  Absolutely..I didn't close the white one well enough at the rear before I started shooting, but it doesn't look terrible.
It's said, these Sum's Models/Almost Real have picked up BIG TIME where AUTOart and Kyosho fell off(Kyosho is clawing their way back up with diecast SUVs) but AUTOart keeps hit and missing with higher prices and inferior materials  :rolleyes:
Yeah, they totally look like USDM market vehicles..I was so happy to see the amber side markers too :yahoo:
Are you planning on adding these as well? Stefanus, you will be so impressed in person!!

It's always my pleasure to share something "Different" here on DX!! :occasion14: CHEERS!!!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12269 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:29 PM

This is a really cool car and model. Where do you buy them from?

#5 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11545 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:56 PM

preisman, on 20 May 2020 - 01:29 PM, said:

This is a really cool car and model. Where do you buy them from?
Thanks Jonathan! :danke: I just love these niche style models :yahoo:
I have a really good dealer in China.. he's on facebook recently. I'll send you his details. He should give you a good price since you are a facebook friend. He also sells other mainstream models as well.
Cheers! :occasion14:

#6 OFFLINE   JP86

JP86

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 452 posts
  • Favorite Brands:autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: be

Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:40 AM

Another 2 terrific additions  to your collection, David. I absolutely love them both. I’m still waiting to buy from China in these Corona-dominated times.. Does Andy have a list of all the models he has in stock right now, because I struggle finding a nice overview on facebook..

#7 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11545 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:05 PM

JP86, on 21 May 2020 - 03:40 AM, said:

Another 2 terrific additions  to your collection, David. I absolutely love them both. I’m still waiting to buy from China in these Corona-dominated times.. Does Andy have a list of all the models he has in stock right now, because I struggle finding a nice overview on facebook..
Hey Jorik!!! So glad to hear from you and hope that you're doing okay man!! Especially considering your profession, please stay safe!!! :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Thanks, you will love adding them to your collection as well! No doubt!
So, as far as models go Andy has an AliExpress site. Since my computer crashed, I literally lost track of that site and can't find it on my own for some reason. Since you's also a facebook friend, I would write him and ask for that site for an overview. I did order the new 2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS and some other models. He does post his newest models on his facebook page when he gets them in.
I have to pay higher DHL and FedEx shipping fees, just to get models from China or Japan, and they still get delayed due to this Corona pandemic.
That's the best suggestion that I can give for getting the new stuff Jorik!  Glad to hear from you man! Cheers! :occasion14:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.