1/18 Toyota C-HR & IZOA DEs...by Two Different Toyota Authorized Factories - DX Trucks | SUV | Haulers - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1/18 Toyota C-HR & IZOA DEs...by Two Different Toyota Authorized Factories

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11541 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:12 PM

By now, most of the world gets the Toyota C-HR (Compact High Rider or Coupé High Rider) compact cross over. It's an attractive runabout compact crossover that has a lot of style crammed into it's c-segment foot print. Obviously I like it, as I bought both models and am now doing a review on them. It's a reliable and interesting vehicle which sits under the Toyota RAV4. I like the mix of playful and aggressive design styling as well as the proportions. It looks like a tough little bull dog, but also a bit chic high fashion as well. I really see it as an urban cruiser versus anything that will dare take one tire off road. Like it's Lexus UX cousin, it's also not trying to pretend to be anything other than a higher sitting stylish coupe. If it wasn't officially called a crossover by Toyota, I could have placed it into another section here on DX. Link: https://www.diecastx...elsalmost-real/

What the rest of the world didn't know was, that the C-HR has a Chinese only cousin called the "IZOA". It's basically the same vehicle, but with slight detail changes. In fact the Toyota IZOA is closer to N.American spec C-HRs, but with it's own unique IZOA wheels.
The reason that China gets two versions is that it's such a large country, that said there are actually two separate Toyota partnerships in that country.  The C-HR is built and sold by "GAC-Toyota" , while the IZOA is built and sold by "FAW-Toyota". This also happens in China with the Corollas and pretty much every other model line built there. They are not connected, other than with Toyota back in Japan.  Stay tuned, because the models also has the same theme happening.
The Chinese market C-HR is pretty much identical to the Japanese and EU Spec'd C-HRs physically detail wise. Most people won't spot the differences other than the wheels between the two.  The first big differences are the front and rear tail lights, then look down the front lower grilles which are  also different. The C-HR has a mesh style lower front grille, while the IZOA has horizontal lines. The wheels are obviously different, then there are different interiors,  seating patterns and textures as well as dashboard color and trims.

So, just like their 1/1 counterparts, the 1/18th Toyota C-HR and IZOA Dealer Edition models are also made by different factories.  Both models obviously used the same CAD data, but there are some obviously differences. For example, the IZOA has more working details and features. The IZOA has things like folding side mirrors, the C-HR doesn't. The C-HR has a moon roof and the IZOA doesn't. The IZOA has an opening fuel door and the C-HR is sealed. The rear hatch has strut supports on the C-HR and the IZOA doesn't. The front and rear lights are totally different inside/behind their lenses and the rear load floor in the IZOA lifts to show a hidden spare tire. The lower front grilles have different patterns. Their wheel designs are a totally different style, but the BIGGEST difference on these two models is, that IZOA has a metal chassis and the C-HR has a regular plastic chassis. The exhaust system seems very similar, as well as the other majority of parts both models. However, the tires are different on both models and the C-HR could have had a more pushed out stance to match the 1/1 which sits pretty tough stance wise in reality.
I love the paint finish on both, they are an excellent value for the money. I have had these two models for nearly two years, but due to my mother passing in 2018, I was out of it and have just been getting around to some models from that time frame. So, I am glad to finally get around to posting these two pieces.

Also, a couple of bonus platform mate pics are at the end! CHEERS!

Begin...Same but the Same

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

IZOA...Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

C-HR...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Same But Not The Same...CHEERS! :occasion14:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1731 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:50 AM

I have to admit the 1:1 isn't really my cup of tea, BUT as 1:18 these are amazing! :occasion14:
I'm surprised that someone got into the trouble of making these 2 separate versions (CHR and Izoa). And thanks for the background info on these. Always enjoy reading your write ups in addition to the pictures!

#3 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11541 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:46 PM

View Posttanayast, on 21 May 2020 - 07:50 AM, said:

I have to admit the 1:1 isn't really my cup of tea, BUT as 1:18 these are amazing! :occasion14:
I'm surprised that someone got into the trouble of making these 2 separate versions (CHR and Izoa). And thanks for the background info on these. Always enjoy reading your write ups in addition to the pictures!
Thanks, I really like the look of the 1/1, but it's not something for me personally. In fact, most of the models that I collect, are TOTALLY different than what I like in real life. As you know I collect a lot of "Everyday cars" but I prefer to own and drive more fun stuff. :yahoo:
It's like another friend said, give two companies the same problem and see which solutions each come up with, in regards to both the 1/1 and the 1/18ths :eusa_clap:
Thanks again Stefanus and likewise, I enjoy your posts as well my friend!! CHEERS! :occasion14:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   LAFerrari

LAFerrari

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1260 posts
  • Interests:Cars,movies,audio&video,travel.
  • Number of Models:143
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt,BBR,FrontiArt,Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: se

Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:03 PM

Congrats on your latest adds, David.
As always a well written review of the car/cars in this case.
This is not my kind of car, but as Stefanus pointed out, the models are really well made as you can expect for these dealer editions.

So all they have to do now is to produce the Toyota GR Supra in a full opening version.

A final question, is Andy still around?
Because i can not find his listings on ebay.

#5 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11541 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:10 PM

View PostLAFerrari, on 21 May 2020 - 04:03 PM, said:

Congrats on your latest adds, David.
As always a well written review of the car/cars in this case.
This is not my kind of car, but as Stefanus pointed out, the models are really well made as you can expect for these dealer editions.

So all they have to do now is to produce the Toyota GR Supra in a full opening version.

A final question, is Andy still around?
Because i can not find his listings on ebay.
Thanks Morgan! :danke: I really am glad to have these two models. It's really cool that both versions were made and by two companies, just like the 1/1s.
As far as 1/1s, I like the designs, but also not what I like to drive or own, but interesting to me nevertheless. :yahoo:
YES, I am HOPING like crazy that someone makes an opening diecast 1/18th scale GR Supra soon! I mean Norev already made the Z4, so why not the Supra?

He stopped ebay, but is on AliExpress. You're on Facebook right? If do, message me and I'll send you his contact information.

CHEERS! :occasion14:

#6 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2396 posts
  • Interests:keeping it stock...
  • Number of Models:300++
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:25 PM

a friend of mine bought a yellow C-HR for the wife couple years and i had a chance to check out the car. The car is definitely made by the 21st progressive millennials LOL. Was a bit surprised to learn the hefty pricetag and personally i would probably go for the cheaper more practical Rav4 instead but to each to its own. I had troubles telling this apart from Honda to be frank it looks almost like something a new CRV would look like and the design cue reminds me of new Hondas. But the model definitely looks great. The chinese dealer models are always fabulous. :hope:

#7 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11541 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:39 PM

View Postjazzy426, on 21 May 2020 - 07:25 PM, said:

a friend of mine bought a yellow C-HR for the wife couple years and i had a chance to check out the car. The car is definitely made by the 21st progressive millennials LOL. Was a bit surprised to learn the hefty pricetag and personally i would probably go for the cheaper more practical Rav4 instead but to each to its own. I had troubles telling this apart from Honda to be frank it looks almost like something a new CRV would look like and the design cue reminds me of new Hondas. But the model definitely looks great. The chinese dealer models are always fabulous. :hope:
DANG JAZZY!! You are so on point!!!! :eusa_clap: :yahoo:  I literally thought .."OMG!! That looks like a HONDA!" ..when I first saw a 1/1 plus the name "C-HR" sounds like something that Honda would name one of their vehicles!! :eusa_clap:  :giggle:  Wow, I lite up reading your commentary! :eusa_clap:
Also, totally a Milliennial's or a progressive Empty Nester's ride for sure.
Funny, this thing is supposed to sit under the Rav4, but I guess since it's a niche vehicle that was supposed to be sold as a Scion, they kept a premium price tag. I really like the fun or quirky design on this one. Much better than the stale designs that Toyota was passing off before Aicho Toyoda took over the company :yahoo:
Thanks, I am so glad to have these two, and they were relatively priced like Norevs, so you can not beat that kind of bargain with such highly detailed fully opening 1/18th scale diecast models! CHEERS! :occasion14:

#8 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2396 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:55 PM

The rear resembles the current gen of Honda Civic doesnt it make me wonder if there was some kind of design collaboration between the T and H haha.

Here they are being marketed as Toyota however they sure belong to the niche market segment. Not sure how well they sell though... and cars aren't exactly cheap over here in the Land Down Under :bawling: Same can be said for the 1/18 too :gaah:

#9 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11541 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:14 PM

View Postjazzy426, on 21 May 2020 - 08:55 PM, said:

The rear resembles the current gen of Honda Civic doesnt it make me wonder if there was some kind of design collaboration between the T and H haha.

Here they are being marketed as Toyota however they sure belong to the niche market segment. Not sure how well they sell though... and cars aren't exactly cheap over here in the Land Down Under :bawling: Same can be said for the 1/18 too :gaah:
I haven't looked at pricing in the US or here in Europe, as it's not something that I would be interested in buying for myself. However, my models were really cheap when I bought them, I think under $70USD each in 2018?  Plus shipping of course. Did  the prices shoot up? :dunno:

#10 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2396 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:10 PM

The price probably didn't go up so drastically in the past few years but model cars tend to be expensive over here in AU generally. Being a frugal buyer I have to shop around or wait for sales.
And the falling AUD dollars doesnt help either. :bawling:

Edited by jazzy426, 21 May 2020 - 11:11 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   LAFerrari

LAFerrari

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1260 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for your reply, David.
I am not on Facebook.

#12 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11541 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:29 PM

View Postjazzy426, on 21 May 2020 - 11:10 PM, said:

The price probably didn't go up so drastically in the past few years but model cars tend to be expensive over here in AU generally. Being a frugal buyer I have to shop around or wait for sales.
Hey Jazzy, I hear you! You're on facebook with me, right? I am bad remembering everyone's DX name, as it is so many of us here. Anyway, hit me up in messenger and I will give you my dealer who will give you the best prices, even down under my friend!!  No need to cry, I got you covered. Cheers!!! :occasion14:

#13 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11541 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:36 PM

View PostLAFerrari, on 22 May 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Thanks for your reply, David.
I am not on Facebook.
Hey Morgan, Okay.. well hit me up here and I'll see what I can do to help you get back in touch with Andy.
Cheers! :occasion14:

#14 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2396 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:24 PM

View PostD N, on 23 May 2020 - 11:29 PM, said:

Hey Jazzy, I hear you! You're on facebook with me, right? I am bad remembering everyone's DX name, as it is so many of us here. Anyway, hit me up in messenger and I will give you my dealer who will give you the best prices, even down under my friend!!  No need to cry, I got you covered. Cheers!!! :occasion14:

Hey David ermm i am not really on FB (not actively LOL) so it is probably another member of this forum but I shall hit you up on DX PM? :nice: Does your dealer also deal with other type of models or he focus on chinese dealership models only?

#15 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11541 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 07:12 PM

View Postjazzy426, on 24 May 2020 - 06:24 PM, said:

View PostD N, on 23 May 2020 - 11:29 PM, said:

Hey David ermm i am not really on FB (not actively LOL) so it is probably another member of this forum but I shall hit you up on DX PM? :nice: Does your dealer also deal with other type of models or he focus on chinese dealership models only?
Hi Jazzy, he deals in almost everything.. Hit me up here on DX I'll give you his contact info. Cheers! :occasion14:

#16 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2396 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 02:19 AM

Will do thanks David :occasion14:

#17 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11541 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:23 PM

View Postjazzy426, on 25 May 2020 - 02:19 AM, said:

Will do thanks David :occasion14:
My Pleasure Jazzy! I sent you a message! CHEERS! :occasion14:

#18 OFFLINE   LAFerrari

LAFerrari

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1260 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 11:11 AM

I have sent you a PM about Andy.
He might have something i did not know that i need  :rolleyes: .

#19 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11541 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 07:37 PM

View PostLAFerrari, on 26 May 2020 - 11:11 AM, said:

I have sent you a PM about Andy.
He might have something i did not know that i need  :rolleyes: .
Hey Morgan!
I sent you a message with his info!! Please check, just came online recently..
Cheers! :occasion14:

#20 OFFLINE   JP86

JP86

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 452 posts
  • Favorite Brands:autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: be

Posted 02 June 2020 - 03:12 AM

Another 2 gems. I would love to add the CHR to my collection one day, it’s still on my wishlist and it looks very well made and detailed. Again thanks for this comprehensive review, David. :eusa_clap: :rock:

#21 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11541 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:17 AM

View PostJP86, on 02 June 2020 - 03:12 AM, said:

Another 2 gems. I would love to add the CHR to my collection one day, it’s still on my wishlist and it looks very well made and detailed. Again thanks for this comprehensive review, David. :eusa_clap: :rock:
I'm really glad that I have them. I didn't plan on buying two, but the CH-R came out some months after the IZOA, so I was caught off guard and had to have a proper CH-R. I am glad that I have them.
Thanks Jorik, my pleasure on sharing! :occasion14: Cheers my friend! :yahoo:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.