Fiat 642 RN2 Bartoletti Ferrari Race Truck (CMR) - DX Trucks | SUV | Haulers - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Fiat 642 RN2 Bartoletti Ferrari Race Truck (CMR)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12236 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:16 PM

Passed on the CMC version years ago as they were too expensive. Not another company has made one and had to get it. CMR, they make great budget Ferrari models. I knew they could make a great truck. I also picked up a couple of their Sharknose F1 cars for display purposes.

For its price, totally worth it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31219 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:39 PM

A really nice looking truck. I think I'll get one sometime. The cars look nice too. thanks for showing them all :smile:

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#3 OFFLINE   colourkin22

colourkin22

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1296 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Music/Drums, Things that move, Diecast.
  • Favorite Brands:Highway 61/Kyosho/Pocher/Ertl..etc.
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:48 PM

Hard not to be a little envious I bought one back in early April through CK, but that DHL is not shipping to Canada yet so still have no idea when I will get it.  That aside, it looks amazing! sure I know it likely doesn't hold a candle to the CMC for details but overall it is stunning. It must be quite the presence in person.  Sweet purchase!!.

Edited by colourkin22, 03 June 2020 - 02:51 PM.

Full Collection @ https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/topic/59177-colourkins-collection/

#4 OFFLINE   Guiddy

Guiddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1807 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 04 June 2020 - 02:59 AM

Amazing to think at release the CMC was only £200 more! Shows how much the hobby has gone up in 10 years or so.

It is an amazing looking truck and well worth the money though as you say. I think once these sell out they will also go up like the CMC did, just not to the same degree.

#5 OFFLINE   M3d1an

M3d1an

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Automotive history, Prog-rock
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Autoart, Norev, Kyosho, Ottomobile
  • Proud Citizen of: ro

Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:08 AM

Nice pictures.
The truck looks nice and it is a very good display option for more refined models like cmc's ferrari but goes very well with cmr miniatures. :) one letter difference.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....
My collection: https://alindemian.wixsite.com/reflectionscale

#6 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12236 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:13 PM

View Postcolourkin22, on 03 June 2020 - 02:48 PM, said:

Hard not to be a little envious I bought one back in early April through CK, but that DHL is not shipping to Canada yet so still have no idea when I will get it.  That aside, it looks amazing! sure I know it likely doesn't hold a candle to the CMC for details but overall it is stunning. It must be quite the presence in person.  Sweet purchase!!.

Yeah, not as good as CMC. There is some plastic. And the details are not as nice. But, it works just fine for me. It is big. I have not had anything this big before in my collection. Maybe the RAM Power Wagon, or a VW Bus transporter.

View PostGuiddy, on 04 June 2020 - 02:59 AM, said:

Amazing to think at release the CMC was only £200 more! Shows how much the hobby has gone up in 10 years or so.

It is an amazing looking truck and well worth the money though as you say. I think once these sell out they will also go up like the CMC did, just not to the same degree.

Things have changed a lot over the years. I was done with the hobby for a few years and only got back in last year. GT Spirit, Otto, CMR and a few others have added new life for me. Yeah, they are not the same as Exoto or CMC. But, they make the hobby fun, again.

View PostM3d1an, on 04 June 2020 - 05:08 AM, said:

Nice pictures.
The truck looks nice and it is a very good display option for more refined models like cmc's ferrari but goes very well with cmr miniatures. :) one letter difference.

I never added the CMC Sharknose. I always wanted one. I look here and there for one, would be cool to display it opened up, and the carrier holding the CMR models. I'll be on the look out.

#7 OFFLINE   UDPride

UDPride

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 445 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AutoArt

Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:30 PM

I have the CMC version. Its pretty neat. Been in a box since I bought it. I think the CMR version is a great job though.

I cant believe how much the CMC is now. I should sell it and cash out for a down payment on a Seamaster Trilogy 300.
2006 CAYMAN S GUARDS RED | 1988 911 TURBO COUPE GUARDS RED | 2005 BMW M3 COUPE PHOENIX YELLOW | 1997 BMW M3 SEDAN HELLROT

#8 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12236 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:34 PM

View PostUDPride, on 04 June 2020 - 11:30 PM, said:

I have the CMC version. Its pretty neat. Been in a box since I bought it. I think the CMR version is a great job though.

I cant believe how much the CMC is now. I should sell it and cash out for a down payment on a Seamaster Trilogy 300.

Yes, do that!

If you have had a model in a box since new, for a few years, you're not really getting much out of it.
Get a sweet watch, wear it, love it.

#9 OFFLINE   Mike K

Mike K

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 5496 posts
  • Number of Models:100-110
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Autoart, UT, Cult, Tecnomodel

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:46 PM

Thanks for sharing this, Jon :eusa_clap:  It looks very convincing, like it could load up with CMC and Kyosho Ferraris just fine.  The whole exterior and wheels looks great.
It's obviously a good alternative for those of us who missed the CMC, especially for $2,000 (!) less.  My own more realistic goal is to start a classic trucks collection and get this, CMR's Ecurie Ecosse Commer, and CMC Mercedes.  CMR is definitely one of the better companies, these days.

#10 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12236 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:06 PM

View PostMike K, on 06 June 2020 - 10:46 PM, said:

Thanks for sharing this, Jon :eusa_clap:  It looks very convincing, like it could load up with CMC and Kyosho Ferraris just fine.  The whole exterior and wheels looks great.
It's obviously a good alternative for those of us who missed the CMC, especially for $2,000 (!) less.  My own more realistic goal is to start a classic trucks collection and get this, CMR's Ecurie Ecosse Commer, and CMC Mercedes.  CMR is definitely one of the better companies, these days.

I am sure it would look great with higher end models. I could always line it up with some of my other models, but it is packed up now. I am slowly packing all my models for an upcoming move. And taking photos of everything. It is also getting too hot to really spend a lot of time outside. Tomorrow is going to be 105. But, later this year, when I have moved, and setting up all my display cases, taking out all my models, I plan to display this thing full time. It'll be easy to line it up with anything else I have. I need more appropriate models from the time it used this hauler though.

#11 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2396 posts
  • Interests:keeping it stock...
  • Number of Models:300++
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 08 June 2020 - 06:27 AM

The truck looks absolutely amazing. I think the sheer size of the truck itself already have massive shelf presence and definitely a centrepiece for many collections or dioramas.

It is amazing (and sad) to see how much most CMC models have skyrocketed in prices. I couldn't bring myself to get the CMC Bartoletti truck when it was first available in Perth for under 1 grand and there is no way I can buy one now unless I have massive lottery win LOL. CMR looks to be filling in the gap for CMC in term of "budget" line. Glad to see that many classic models are being made by them and this particular truck has quite a few opening bits :yahoo: I presume this truck is made out of diecast instead of their usual resin materials for all other models they have produced so far?

#12 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1731 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:57 PM

These are pretty amazing set!!! :drool5:

#13 OFFLINE   giamino

giamino

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2825 posts
  • Favorite Brands:kyosho, maisto, bbr
  • Proud Citizen of: my

Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:21 PM

Nice! Like you, i missed the CMC version and regretted it massively. Nice to see the CMR is a very viable alternative option. Love the 156 Sharknose as well!

Are the ramps made of plastic or metal? And are they movable?

#14 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12236 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:30 AM

View Postgiamino, on 16 June 2020 - 11:21 PM, said:

Nice! Like you, i missed the CMC version and regretted it massively. Nice to see the CMR is a very viable alternative option. Love the 156 Sharknose as well!

Are the ramps made of plastic or metal? And are they movable?

The ramps can be removed and put in place, but they are really tight on the model. I did not want to break anything so I just left them. And they are metal!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.