NSU Ro80 (Minichamps) - DX Classic | Vintage - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

NSU Ro80 (Minichamps)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12235 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 04 June 2020 - 02:49 PM

Love this car and model. Simple, pure and fun. I have to say this, I take my photos with a phone, and used a poster for a background. I think the results are awesome. It took a few minutes to do everything. I just need to dust the model next time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   cwbs

cwbs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1180 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Any
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:59 PM

Great job on the photos, the backdrop worked really well for that color on the model! :eusa_clap:

#3 OFFLINE   vulpex

vulpex

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1827 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: de

Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:38 AM

I too love this exceptional masterpiece of automobile history and your photos look great! :coolpics:
Unbelievable that you managed to get such results with only your phone!! :eusa_clap:

#4 OFFLINE   s52z3mc

s52z3mc

• DX Community
  • 33 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart

Posted 06 June 2020 - 12:33 PM

I like the real car, but I'm starting to get tired of Minichamps (and other prominent diecast makers) releasing model after model with sealed bodies and flat chassis.
I got into 1/18 scale because I want detail. Opening panels, working suspensions and steering, detailed engines and undercarriages. I'm willing to pay for it. Make it.
Great pix!

#5 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12235 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:03 PM

View Postcwbs, on 04 June 2020 - 04:59 PM, said:

Great job on the photos, the backdrop worked really well for that color on the model! :eusa_clap:

Cheers, nice and simple.

View Postvulpex, on 06 June 2020 - 08:38 AM, said:

I too love this exceptional masterpiece of automobile history and your photos look great! :coolpics:
Unbelievable that you managed to get such results with only your phone!! :eusa_clap:

At this point I just want to have fun. A camera phone works. I could do better, but at this point I am fine with it.

View Posts52z3mc, on 06 June 2020 - 12:33 PM, said:

I like the real car, but I'm starting to get tired of Minichamps (and other prominent diecast makers) releasing model after model with sealed bodies and flat chassis.
I got into 1/18 scale because I want detail. Opening panels, working suspensions and steering, detailed engines and undercarriages. I'm willing to pay for it. Make it.
Great pix!

I would love an open Ro80. I think it is an interestingly enough car to have one open. Show off the engine. Four door cars always look cool opened up, too. Instead it is a plastic, solid model. Not as much of a toy as other model makers.

#6 OFFLINE   Scuddy

Scuddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2268 posts
  • Favorite Brands:No preference
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:55 AM

It is a fascinating car, for sure. Was on the fence getting one as it’s sealed. But it looks excellent as do your pics. Very nice :-)

#7 OFFLINE   kitefighter

kitefighter

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 909 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:39 PM

Very appealing subject and it's a long time overdue to be made in 1/18 scale. It's a lot more impressive in this scale than the smaller 1/43 scale models by Minichamps. Very nice pictures by the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.