Norev Mercedes 500SL in Bornit - DX Sedan | Coupe | Convertible - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Norev Mercedes 500SL in Bornit

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scuddy

Scuddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2303 posts
  • Favorite Brands:No preference
  • Proud Citizen of:†gb

Posted 03 July 2020 - 10:34 AM

Can you imagine being responsible for the design and engineering of the replacement for the vaunted Mercedes SL R107, a car which - for almost three decades - became the darling of the wealthy, thanks to its classy good looks and epic quality. Well, whoever it was, should be saluted; for almost three decades on, its replacement, the R129, remains as effortless elegant as its much-loved predecessor.

Norevís R129 seems to flavour of the month at the moment, judging by the positive responses to it and the number of members buying them. For me, this buy was a no brainer; itís a Mercedes, an SL and a Norev. Thatís a match made in heaven.

Furthermore, it doesnít disappoint. It looks like a quality bit of kit, possibly helped in this case by Bronitís unusual colour applied beautifully to the SLís gracious shape. Overall, Iím very happy with it, but as observations - not criticisms - there are a few things to note:

- the doors donít have much tension, and swing open and close with a light rather than solid touch.
- The engine looks ok initially, but it is a plate, which is very noticeable when you flip the car over...
- ...which brings us to roll over bar. The DEs come with the wind blocker. This is actually slightly translucent, but it blocks out the view through the raised bar and that of the rear seats when it is down.
- The hardtop on mine fits so badly I wonder if itís for a different car altogether. The soft top fits much better and quite nicely. The locating pins could have been longer, though; the roof can slide off quite easily
- Iím not sure the headlights are quite the right shape
- Overall attention to detail is really good, especially the interior which is quite key for a Ďvert

I took a pic with AUTOartís W124, as itís both the R129ís contemporary, plus the 1:1 SLís bones are from the W124.

I can totally see why this diecast has become so popular, and I reckon itís pretty good value for money, too. Not to mention how damn fine it looks from all angles. Nice work Mercedes, nice work Norev. :-)

Attached Files

Edited by Scuddy, 03 July 2020 - 10:34 AM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31414 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models

Posted 03 July 2020 - 12:38 PM

Nice add! Bornite's a nice colour!

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#3 OFFLINE   Alex SZ1996

Alex SZ1996

• DX Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 6550 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Japan, Italy and more.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, Pocher
  • Proud Citizen of:†dk

Posted 03 July 2020 - 01:38 PM

looks pretty good. i saw the price is at 120€ which i think is a bit much. but at CK-models they was already sold out at the time i checked it out.
i have wanted an SL500 R129 for some time, and originally bought the AUTOart SL600 as that was the closest thing. i used to see an SL500 R129 near my gym, but i havent seen it for quite a while.

Edited by Alex SZ1996, 03 July 2020 - 01:43 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   Scuddy

Scuddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2303 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 02:17 PM

Thanks, chaps. I’m not sure the DE is worth the extra money, given the wind blocker takes out more than it adds, and that roof fit isn’t brilliant.

As an aside, the DE does come with the gloves and the screw driver but these are no great shakes.

It’s a very nice diescast overall though :-)

#5 OFFLINE   Cristi

Cristi

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1391 posts
  • Interests:books and rock music \m/
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Kyosho, CMC, GTSpirit, BBR
  • Proud Citizen of:†ro

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:38 AM

I think this color is the best option, nice add :occasion14:

#6 OFFLINE   Scuddy

Scuddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2303 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:10 PM

Thank you mate :-)

Iím wondering what this car would have looked like with a tobacco brown interior? Hmm, not sure.

Edited by Scuddy, 04 July 2020 - 01:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.