1/18 2020 Jeep Cherokee(s) DEs, Off the Beaten Path..by FCA - DX Trucks | SUV | Haulers - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1/18 2020 Jeep Cherokee(s) DEs, Off the Beaten Path..by FCA

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11546 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 05 July 2020 - 05:29 PM

HISTORY:
Known as the originator of the acronym for "SUV", Jeep is one of the world's most recognizable and iconic brands. Established or born out of the necessity of WWII's various terrains consisting of sand, mud bogs and trenches, the Jeeps of today are more accustomed to high end shopping centers or upscale suburban driveways.
AMC/Jeep was one of the first American automotive manufactures that transitioned from a military to civil domesticated use with their products. However, as the middle class in the US grew, people needed a dedicated hauler for family usage. Shunning the common wagon, Jeep created their Wagoneer.
Wagoneers offered similar interior volume as wagons, but also benefitted from being a 4x4 which sat higher for better visibility. Jeep's family 4X4 image caught on, and during the 1980s Jeep diversified its line with the creation of their slightly smaller and more affordable Cherokee. The Cherokee SUV has stuck around for decades and has become a mainstay with many generational buyers of Jeeps. Featured here is the current 2020 facelifted Cherokee Dealer Edition for the Chinese domestic market presented in 1/18th scale. This 2020 Cherokee is virtually identical to North American specification.

THE PAST:
Remember when companies like AUTOart made AMAZING highly detailed diecast Jeep models? The glory days of diecast. Well, since they have mainly moved on to hypercars mostly made of plastic, enter the OEM-Authorized Chinese Dealer Editions.
Collectors of 1/18th scaled "Everyday Vehicles" can rejoice again! Automobile wise if you can think of it for the last 15 years, the Chinese market probably has created a diecast promotional of it all the way to what's currently parked in your driveway. Where established companies left off to pursue super and hypercar fandom, OEM dealer edition models really came forward over the years to give us the diversity that established companies used to produce.

MODEL REVIEW:
True to 1/1 scale in almost every detail, these Jeeps are spot on! Even if you aren't a fan of the original American SUV maker, you might be a fan of these magnificent 1/18th scale Jeep models.
I am fascinated with the amount of functional details presented here. Things like sliding front seats/rear folding seats, folding side mirrors, sliding smoke tinted panoramic roof...but the most interesting function is, the rotating driveshaft which also turns the rear wheels. Amazing! As usual, these models feature fully carpeted interior, working suspension, photoetched metal badging, fabric seatbelts and plated buckle. Details like tinted rear windows with grid patterns, black perforated metal front grills and lower front venting as well as OEM painted bodies and two-toned high contrast plated finished wheels is a true representation to the 1/1.
Look under the hood and you will find a highly detailed engine bay with what appears to be a full motor or extremely deep base with multiple parts, which really looks authentic. My only gripe is the use of dog leg style hinges. The chassis also represents true to the 1/1 with intricately detailed front & rear suspension systems, metal brake rotors(which rotate with the wheels and static calipers like the 1/1).  Vented and detailed front skid plate and separate exhaust system with chromed tipped tailpipes round out the business end of the chassis. Move into the interior and you'll be greeted with accurate patterned leather like seats/dash with simulated textures and realistically detailed two-toned door cards. The two-toned IP/dashboard is extremely well detailed. Dashboard center and present are both infotainment/navigation system as well as the instrument cluster with highly legible colored graphics. The legible physical buttons on the dash, gear selector and steering wheel are near perfect and all accented in chrome. This is one of the best detailed interiors that I have come across on a 1/18th scale Jeep model.  

PRODUCTION:
What's interesting with OEM-Chinese authorized dealer editions models is, that compared to most western established companies the actual automotive manufactures based in China have commissioned that these models be made for promotion alongside the 1/1s at auto dealerships.
I am be-smitten with the level of detail on these two facelifted 2020 Cherokee models. In fact, I am so lucky that I ended up with two. The factory that created them have done a superb job. I was told by my dealer-friend that both of these models have an anonymous authorized OEM maker, but you can find them on Paudi Model websites. So, they are listed as Paudi Model products. Collectors are very lucky to have a current option for amazingly higher detailed fully opening diecast models online via China these days, at what is considered a good price point.

CONCLUSION:
Overall, these models really are an asset to any diverse 1/18th scale collection, especially if you're a Jeep or SUV fan.
For a diverse highly detailed modern automobile collection, you can look to these OEM-Authorized models and rejoice in getting your 1/18th scale model fix.

With more mainstream Chinese model companies like LCD Models/KengFai Models and Almost Real Models coming online and in stores globally, subject matter will soon almost be endless and accessible for most collectors worldwide.

Begin..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Opened Up!...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

CHEERS! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1749 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 06 July 2020 - 05:00 PM

Dave, first of all thanks for taking the time to write these reviews and taking the photos. I enjoy reading them and your photos are good representation on how the 1:18 actually look in person vs the online pics.

I agreed with everything you said since I have the white one. After seeing your photos, I’m thinking I should have got the pewter color one.
Just looks sleeker!

I love this scaled down version of a very common daily driver. The build quality and features are very good for 1/2 of what AutoArt charges these days. I have no regret paying for this one. Now if they are making the Trailhawk version, it will be on my list for sure! Crossing my fingers as they did make the 1:18 Camry in both the ‘luxury’ and ‘sport’ versions.

Stay safe and healthy my friend!

#3 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11546 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 06 July 2020 - 05:11 PM

tanayast, on 06 July 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

Dave, first of all thanks for taking the time to write these reviews and taking the photos. I enjoy reading them and your photos are good representation on how the 1:18 actually look in person vs the online pics.

I agreed with everything you said since I have the white one. After seeing your photos, I'm thinking I should have got the pewter color one.
Just looks sleeker!

I love this scaled down version of a very common daily driver. The build quality and features are very good for 1/2 of what AutoArt charges these days. I have no regret paying for this one. Now if they are making the Trailhawk version, it will be on my list for sure! Crossing my fingers as they did make the 1:18 Camry in both the 'luxury' and 'sport' versions.

Stay safe and healthy my friend!
Hi Stefanus! Thanks my friend! :danke:
I'm glad that you liked this post, I had been sitting on it for months..It was actually done back in Feb, but a magazine wanted to use my article and pics, but they went with an all Porsche theme, so this was out..thus, I could finally post it. :yahoo:
Yes, I had a mix up, so that is how I ended up with two due to that error. So glad to have both.

They are truly picking up the slack from where AUTOart dropped the ball in recent well, at least 11 or more years.  :rolleyes:  Glad that Jeep in China commissioned these :eusa_clap:
I'd rather see an opening new 2020 Grand Cherokee or SRT version as a bonus personally, but, it would be interesting f they did do the Trailhawk as well! :nice:

Also, please stay safe and take care! Stay cool over there my friend! Cheers! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.