AUTOart 1:18 Mazda Efini RX-7 FD Initial-D - AUTOart - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

AUTOart 1:18 Mazda Efini RX-7 FD Initial-D

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   evostard

evostard

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Mainly I am interested in 1:18 diecast models of Japanese cars that have all parts openable. But I also collect other brands. I love to photograph them
  • Number of Models:Currently 21
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart and Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: pl

Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:33 AM

Hello everyone!
Today I will share with you my opinion about modelcar from topic. But first - quick story. As some of you might know I am fan of Japanese cars and I mainly collect them. In past I had NSX's, S30 (from Kyosho), AE86's, R33, R34 and R35. Recently I was looking for RX-7. Never had it, and I thought it can be good base for modifications. Of course I would get Spirit-R Type A version but it is pretty hard to find them in acceptable (for me) price. So I was looking for tuned version - mostly white one. They was much cheaper than Spirit R's so decided to get one BUT - I started conversation with one guy on Instagram and asked him where from he buy modelcars. He told me about one website and I sterted looking for my "dream" RX-7. Didn't found any "Tuned" versions or cheap Spirit R's but found this baby. Of course still little problem was price. But I talked to owner of it and we made deal that I will never forget. HUUUGE THANK"S TO YOU NICO!!! :danke:

Okay, let's start with little review of it. Exterior pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am getting in love of this body shape. What is better for me that I get this version are read lights - they are looking like in Spirit R version. "Tuned" version have them like 2 squares - here I have 3 circles. Front badge and rear badges are PE element's. To be honest - I dont like Efini logo...  All of other things are just perfect. Okay, maybe that wing is too big lol. But - I am not sure but it seems that front bumper is piece of body and rear one is separated (I will check it at home). Pop-up headlights are amazing. Lets check engine and engine bay:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Engine is looking very good but I will propably do swap for something more legendary. Hood is holded by wire - thats looking very nice and it was one of reasons why I wanted RX in my small collection. Let's go now to interior and trunk:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see and some of you might know it looks almost same like in Tuned version - sterring wheel - is same, door pannels are same. For sure difference in in front of passenger seat - that aluminium look... Something lol I dont know how to call it. And also seatbelt's are different than in "Tuned" one. What could be cool is white guages like in Spirit R version. When we are talking about Spirit R version - it have Recaro badge on top of seat, and as for me cooler stock steering wheel. Trunk:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It opens pretty nice, but it's not so big lol But what it most important - it is really holded by dampers. I had 3 AE86's and in every of them trunk was closing by itself. Now some other pic's:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's all what I wanted share with you. Hope you enjoy it even it is very short review - but I didn't found any other than Alex SZ1996 did.
1:18 stock & custom modelcars
Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.