JGTC Lamborghini Countach RAIN-X / Art Sports racecar - ROBSMC's Portfolio - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

JGTC Lamborghini Countach RAIN-X / Art Sports racecar

39 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, building race cars, collecting 1/18 model cars and building custom models, collecting watches and sneakers
    My Youtube channel - Robs Model Cars
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars
  • Number of Models:Last count over 200
  • Favorite Brands:bbr, mr, frontiart, autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:†au

Posted 30 August 2020 - 01:19 AM

I have been chomping at the bit to build this model and had planned this many months ago, but because the donor model took 4 months to arrive, that delayed the start of this custom model build.

This is the Lamborghini Countach with the RAIN-X and Art Sports livery that was entered into the JGTC championship in Japan, after a wrecked Countach that was planned to be turned into a racecar fell through, Art Sports provided a 25th Anniversary Countach that was then turned into a racecar for the series as the JGTC was very keen to have a Lamborghini entered in the series.

It had some changes to the body and aero and ran on 18" Work Equip rims and had a power bump up too, but the details are very thin on this real car. Race car cockpit and a great livery make this a very unique model that I wanted to build and complete my Lamborghini Countach collection. To my knowledge this car was only ever made in 1/43 scale, so again this will be very unique as a fully opening 1/18 scale model.

Stock AUTOart Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary

Posted Image
I ordered these 18" deep dish barrels from Uli Nowak and the slick tyres are out of the parts box, I think they are Legende-miniatures. I had Eddy @ MIY minimodels print me up the Work Equip centers, but he cannot ship them to Australia at the moment due to shipping restrictions in his country, so hopefully I will get them before the build finishes
Posted Image
And one of the main deciding factors for starting this build is that the decal sheet was available from ABC shop on eBay, very comprehensive decals to match the real car. Awesome!
Posted Image
As always, model completely disassembled, and boy are there a lot of parts in this particular model. And I have not even broken down the front boot, interior or engine compartment
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
I need some more parts boxes, LOL. Too many models broken down at the moment.
Posted Image
Quite good detail in the front section of this model. The racecar has a hood scoop and flat radiator so some of this will go.
Posted Image
Interior is a bit plain, but this will be stripped, race seat fitted including a full roll cage and other bits and pieces
Posted Image
And the engine is very good on this model. I have a pic of the real car's engine and I really don't need to do anything to this.
Posted Image
Today I stripped all the paint of the metal body and parts
Posted Image
Most of the mods for the body on this custom are all on the plastic parts. Vent reshaping and rear tail light panel delete. So the next step will be starting on the body mods. There is not a huge amount of change, but I am sure all these little mods will add up and take some time. After having a couple of weeks break from building models, I am very keen to get deep into this one. More to come. Cheers
Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   spikyone

spikyone

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1792 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Spark, TSM
  • Proud Citizen of:†gb

Posted 30 August 2020 - 03:01 AM

Oh yeah! This is going to be epic, my mouth is watering already!

Posted Image

Collection thread (to be updated)

#3 OFFLINE   RSIevolution

RSIevolution

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2459 posts
  • Interests:Music, 1:1 Cars, 1:18 Cars...
  • Number of Models:Unknown
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart- Kyosho- Minichamps- Norev, Ignition
  • Proud Citizen of:†gr

Posted 30 August 2020 - 07:11 AM

Oh my god! You 're doing a project with an AUTOart Countach? I wish i could find one in a good price! This is going to be gooood!!!
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   MerkurKing16

MerkurKing16

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1969 posts
  • Interests:Anything that is interesting
  • Favorite Brands:Spark
  • Proud Citizen of:†us

Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:02 AM

Good luck, Iíll be following this closely.

Edited by MerkurKing16, 30 August 2020 - 08:02 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, building race cars, collecting 1/18 model cars and building custom models, collecting watches and sneakers
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:25 PM

View Postspikyone, on 30 August 2020 - 03:01 AM, said:

Oh yeah! This is going to be epic, my mouth is watering already!
Cheers spiky, I will do my best to make this epic

View PostRSIevolution, on 30 August 2020 - 07:11 AM, said:

Oh my god! You 're doing a project with an AUTOart Countach? I wish i could find one in a good price! This is going to be gooood!!!
Cheers mate, this one had rash, but you are right, places like ebay these models are still expensive

View PostMerkurKing16, on 30 August 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

Good luck, I'll be following this closely.
Thanks MerkurKing16

#6 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2309 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:45 PM

UPDATE 1/09/2020

Day off work today so made a start on the body mods. First starting with an easy one. The side 1/4 windows are deleted and this is a flat panel with a race fuel filler instead. So I just used some 0.5mm styrene sheet cut to fit the opening.
Posted Image
I then measured out the centers of the fuel fillers, I had 2 of these in the parts box, they are from legende Miniatures
Posted Image
I then cut out all the ribs on the side scoops and filed the openings nice and flush
Posted Image
This is how they fit back into the body. I am going to cut out as much diecast as I can under these scoops as it will be very visible through the slats what's underneath
Posted Image
I have to keep a small section where a screw lug is underneath, but all the rest that is marked out and hashed will be removed
Posted Image
Front opening slats made out of 0.5mm styrene sheet and glued in place to match the pics I have.
Posted Image
Sitting back on the body, a little filling to do and final sanding on the edges
Posted Image
And then all the top vent slats built again out of 0.5mm styrene sheet also. This is very time consuming work to make all the louvers. A couple of hours work here.
Posted Image
Back onto the body for a test fit
Posted Image

Posted Image
This is a cool Countach to model. I am enjoying myself on this one.
Posted Image
Filled the wing holes and also the molded in Lamborghini indentation in the deck lid also
Posted Image
I then cut out the back of the holes where the rear fog lights sat. These are open vents on the real car
Posted Image
Number plate lights filed off the top of the bumper
Posted Image
Now this is one of the trickiest body mods, the real car has the rear light surround deleted and since this is one piece with the under valance, this was going to be difficult to cut to shape
Posted Image
I just cut away all the top section, then cut the final edges with the xacto knife, then sanded to final shape as this forms the bottom edge of the flat tail light center panel
Posted Image
I then screwed the rear bumper to the remains of the rear valance and taped it in place onto the main body
Posted Image
This whole rear bumper assembly will have to be glued in place after painting as the original screw mounts were in the rear light panel.
Posted Image
Several goes to make a new flat styrene sheet rear panel after first making a masking tape template
Posted Image
Sitting in place, a little filling will be required
Posted Image
Stock tail lights removed from the rear panel and these will just proud mount onto this new panel.
Posted Image
I then scaled out the initial cuts for the front hood vent
Posted Image
I then cut out the diecast with the dremel and cleaned up the cut with a file. Next I will start to build the sides and back curve of the scoop
Posted Image
That is around 8 hours work today, a pretty good start on the body mods, so pretty happy with the progress so far. There is still alot of fine tuning to do on all the work today, but I am really into this Countach so finding this custom lots of fun. More to come. Cheers
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31628 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models

Posted 01 September 2020 - 08:23 AM

This is fantastic!! Amazingly a Countach is one model I don't have! I'll have to get one quick mate before you mod them all up :nice:

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#8 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12350 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 01 September 2020 - 07:53 PM

You are going nuts with these builds. Truly next level stuff.

#9 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2309 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 02 September 2020 - 01:17 AM

View PostCraig, on 01 September 2020 - 08:23 AM, said:

This is fantastic!! Amazingly a Countach is one model I don't have! I'll have to get one quick mate before you mod them all up :nice:
Cheers Craig, I can't believe with the amount of models you have, you don't have a Countach. You have to rectify that mate.

View Postpreisman, on 01 September 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

You are going nuts with these builds. Truly next level stuff.
Cheers Jon, pushing the boundaries LOL

#10 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2309 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 02 September 2020 - 01:33 AM

UPDATE 2/09/2020

Back onto this build today starting with the front hood, but before I build the hood scoop, I need to size up the front cargo trim. First I removed all the pieces to see what I have to work with
Posted Image
Back under the body and this round spare wheel hump has to go.
Posted Image
This hump will be in the way as it is directly under the hood opening
Posted Image
Also these molded plastic sides were removed from the tub as they will foul the sides of the hood scoop as well
Posted Image
I made duplicate side panels out of 1mm styrene sheet
Posted Image
Hump cut out with the Dremel
Posted Image
New styrene sheet panels glued into the diecast front tub
Posted Image
And then a made a new floor panel out of 0.5mm sheet styrene to cover the hump hole
Posted Image
Glued in place
Posted Image
Test fit back under the body. so far so good
Posted Image

Posted Image
I then used 0.5mm styrene sheet to make the front and sides of the scoop
Posted Image
I then heated some 0.5mm styrene sheet and bent it around a marker barrel and then glued it into the hood
Posted Image
I then trimmed out the back curves of the sides to match the arch of the back curved panel
Posted Image
Test fitted back into the body
Posted Image
Still have to trim the bottom edge angle
Posted Image

Posted Image
I then added some Tamiya filler to the edges of the scoop. This will have a slight round transition
Posted Image
Test fit again
Posted Image
I test fit the front area accessories to see that the hood will clear these
Posted Image
Hood back in place and it clears those bits. Yeah
Posted Image
I then glued the battery and brake booster in place for good
Posted Image
I then painted the whole new panels in matt black and then glued the lower bits in place
Posted Image
More to come. Cheers

#11 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31628 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:19 AM

Nice progress!! :yahoo:
Yeah I'll get round to getting one mate :smile:

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#12 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2309 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:15 PM

UPDATE 3/09/2020

Today I am going to glue the headlight flaps in place as the pop ups are not used on this Countach. The are the diecast head light lids with the lamp assemblies removed
Posted Image
I then glued some styrene tabs on the underside of the head light openings
Posted Image
I then glued the diecast flaps in place
Posted Image
This shows the underside what I did to space them correctly
Posted Image
I then cut the lower section of the front bumper
Posted Image
I then filed the sides of the stock bumper so the new styrene sides end up nearly flush with the diecast body above
Posted Image
I then worked out the sizes of the sides and made a pair
Posted Image
Sides glued on and now time to make the base of the new front spoiler. Again using 0.5mm sheet styrene
Posted Image
Cut to size just scaling off pictures with the protruding front lip
Posted Image
Next to build up the front edge, I used a piece of 1mm styrene sheet and glued that to the larger piece
Posted Image
Next I marked out the front air scoop opening and made the vertical fins and also made the side fins to and glued them in place
Posted Image
I then made the spot light front faces and bent the sides of the styrene to form the side air ducts. This is just from 0.5mm styrene sheet also as it is easy to bend and hold it's shape
Posted Image
I then glued this part into the sides that are already attached to the sides of the stock bumper
Posted Image
I found these GT Spirit Countach driving lights in the parts box so these will sit on the faces as shown
Posted Image
I also cut out the underside of the splitter so I can still screw this onto the diecast body using the factory screw holes
Posted Image
This is how it looks back on the body. Although this took a few hours to build, it is a very straight part on the real car, so was easier to build than something completely curved. Hood in place too for perspective
Posted Image
Next step was to add the tamiya putty to fill all the gaps and also build up the sides of the front flare transitions into the new front spoiler.
Posted Image
I then cut all the diecast out of the body that is under the side scoops, just leaving a strip of diecast in the rear openings, as the rear engine assembly screws into this and I did not want to delete these.
Posted Image
Now with the side scoops sitting in place, you can now clearly see through the vents and will be able to see the radiators and air boxes. Cool
Posted Image

Posted Image
Just another look at most of the body mods done. Still a lot more fine tuning to do, but the progress is very good so far. More to come. Thanks for looking. Cheers
Posted Image

Edited by ROBSMC, 03 September 2020 - 12:22 AM.

#13 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2309 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 04 September 2020 - 01:29 AM

UPDATE 4/09/2020

Time for some sanding and priming today starting with the front hood. I sanded all the putty front and back
Posted Image

Posted Image
And then some Tamiya grey primer to check the progress. This came out well and this front hood is ready for 2K primer
Posted Image

Posted Image
I then sanded the rear boot lid and also the side louvered vents
Posted Image
And then primer
Posted Image

Posted Image
More sanding tomorrow and keep moving forward. More to come. Thanks for lookin. Cheers

#14 OFFLINE   Sebastian

Sebastian

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of:†de

Posted 04 September 2020 - 02:40 AM

Well... what to say... just another masterpiece coming down the road. Thanks for sharing your progress again. Very inspiring!

Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2309 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 08 September 2020 - 03:45 AM

Thanks Seb,

UPDATE 8/09/2020

After I cut out the diecast under the side scoops, I thought I beeter take a look with the engine assembly under the body, just to check If I need to order any parts. The radiators are quite clearly seen now, so I will need to made a face for them as they have none right now. Behind the radiators is the airboxes, and although these are partly obscured by the diecast support, I will still be able to form the rest of the airboxes out os some plastic sheet
Posted Image
And when I had a look at the model partly assembled, I noticed that the front edge of the front flare is not the standard 25th Anniversary. It has been modified where it meets the new front spoiler, reduced in size and thickness. So now I need to make some changes in the diecast.
Posted Image
So I filed the front of the flare to match the real car first
Posted Image
You can see here where the diecast is shiny, this is what I filed away flat to the body
Posted Image
I then had to slowly file away the factory edge in the middle of the flare to be more flowing while reducing to the bottom. I then repeat this on the other side to match
Posted Image
I then added some putty to fill the side indicator hole, and to smooth up the file marks to the edge of the flare. That's it for today, more to come. Thanks for looking. Cheers
Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   RSIevolution

RSIevolution

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2459 posts
  • Interests:Music, 1:1 Cars, 1:18 Cars...
  • Number of Models:Unknown
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart- Kyosho- Minichamps- Norev, Ignition
  • Proud Citizen of:†gr

Posted 08 September 2020 - 04:45 AM

Very nice. Very good body work. It is getting in shape! Can't wait for the color application!
Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   msousa71

msousa71

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Favorite Brands:lamborghini
  • Proud Citizen of:†ca

Posted 08 September 2020 - 05:42 AM

Rob how come you spray the Tamiya primer first and then the 2k primer, arent you afraid to have some sort of paint reaction?

#18 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2309 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 08 September 2020 - 05:52 AM

View PostRSIevolution, on 08 September 2020 - 04:45 AM, said:

Very nice. Very good body work. It is getting in shape! Can't wait for the color application!
Thanks mate, I too am looking forward to spraying it yellow and then adding all the decals.

View Postmsousa71, on 08 September 2020 - 05:42 AM, said:

Rob how come you spray the Tamiya primer first and then the 2k primer, arent you afraid to have some sort of paint reaction?
I only use the Tamiya primer as a guide to check that I have sanded and filled all the custom areas. When it is raw metal and white filler, it is hard to see any faults. So I just spray a light coat of Tamiya grey primer over it to show any defects. When it is time to 2K prime all the body parts, most of the Tamiya primer gets sanded off. BUT, you can 2K prime over the top of Tamiya primer. I have never had a reaction.

#19 OFFLINE   MerkurKing16

MerkurKing16

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1969 posts
  • Interests:Anything that is interesting
  • Favorite Brands:Spark

Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:11 AM

Wow Rob, you work quickly. Amazing progress.

#20 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2309 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 09 September 2020 - 04:58 AM

View PostMerkurKing16, on 08 September 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

Wow Rob, you work quickly. Amazing progress.
Plenty of time off work to work on these models.

#21 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2309 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 09 September 2020 - 05:20 AM

UPDATE 9/09/2020

Sanded the putty that I applied yesterday to the side of the front of the body and then sanded the bottom part of the flare that is part of the new front spoiler. Nearly there.
Posted Image
I then drilled some corner holes and cut out the spot light openings
Posted Image
I then filed the hole opening until the spot lights fit
Posted Image
A bit of grey primer to check the progress, just a minor fill to do
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
I then glued in the fuel filler surrounds that replace the 1/4 windows, and applied some primer
Posted Image
And painted the fuel filler pieces in Tamiya chrome silver
Posted Image
I then super glued the rear under valance to the diecast body
Posted Image
Added some 0.5mm styrene spacers as the diecast on both sides behind the tail lights was deeper, and then I glued the boot lid in place as this will not open due to the wing and is a fixed part on the real car as far as I can see
Posted Image
It was at this stage that I forgot to cut the rear vent opening in the new center panel, so I marked it out and cut it out.
Posted Image
Which also meant that I forgot to cut out the diecast in the back of the model too before I super glued the valance on. DOH! So I marked out the hole location first
Posted Image

Posted Image
And used the smallest diameter cutting wheel and cut out the diecast from the back to avoid cuts in the face. Luckily only just touched the plastic part on the inside, but nothing that a bit of filler won't fix
Posted Image
I then glued in my new styrene sheet center panel with superglue
Posted Image
Good thing with having that rear vent hole is that you should be able to see the engine
Posted Image
Then out with the Tamiya putty again to fill all the small gaps around the edge of the styrene
Posted Image
Next I marked out the line for the rear wing vertical end plates
Posted Image
I then made the end plates out of 0.5mm styrene sheet
Posted Image
I then glued those to the body with superglue
Posted Image
Next I had to make the wing leg base plates which have 4 holes drilled in each, so I marked out the size of the pieces and the spacings for the holes. I then used a nail to piece the center of each drill mark
Posted Image
I then used my little Tamiya battery operated drill (great tool) to drill all the holes with a 1.5mm drill bit
Posted Image
I then cut them to size with the xacto knife
Posted Image
And then glued them to the side of the wing ends
Posted Image
I then used a old resin wing blade and cut it into pieces to form the 2 element rear wing held together with some 0.5mm styrene flat pieces like the real car
Posted Image
This is just sitting in place as I want to paint this black separately from the yellow body, then I can glue it in place.
Posted Image

Posted Image
That's about another 7 hours on the model today, my eyes are done, but overall the body mods are nearly done. I still have to do all the tiny vent holes in the rear engine lid which I left to last as I still have not worked out the best way to do them.
Her's the model as it stands tonight. Looking forward to painting and applying all the decals to the model. More to come. Thanks for looking. Cheers
Posted Image

#22 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2309 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:03 PM

UPDATE 12/09/2020

Well I was leaving this piece till last as it was going to be quite a challenge. The rear engine lid has many extra vent holes cut into it, so I first marked out all the extra holes with black marker and colored them in so it was easier to stay withing in the lines.
Posted Image

Posted Image
I then started by drilling a pilot mark in all the corners of each cut out with my Tamiya battery drill just to mark the holes as this little drill does not have the grunt to drill all these holes all the way through the diecast. I will use my work Makita drill to drill all the holes all the way through
Posted Image
Holes drilled through
Posted Image
I then used my smallest cutting disc on the dremel and joined the dots!
Posted Image
And then around 3 hours of filing with the jewelers files to open and straighten all the cutouts. Not perfect and the holes all ended up a little bigger than the originals, but considering how small the holes are and filing thick diecast, this is the best I could do. A little filling required in some spots.
Posted Image
Tamiya filler added to the required spots
Posted Image
Next is the door pillars, since this race car has fixed lexan windows, there needs to be the vertical piece as per the stock windows
Posted Image
I used some 3mm x 2mm styrene rectangle rod and glued them in with super glue
Posted Image
Sanded all the filler up around the new rear center panel
Posted Image
I also realised looking at the pics of the real car that the corners on the stock windows had to be added to the doors as they are solid pieces on the racecar
Posted Image
Glued onto the doors
Posted Image
Just when I thought the fabrication was done, I still needed to make the side mirrors. So I had these 2 sets of Ferrari F430 GT mirrors, so I will use all 4 stalks and 2 of the mirror housings to make the new mirrors
Posted Image
Cut the stalks off the mirrors
Posted Image
I then cut and glued the pair of stalks together in a 'A' shape using a piece of 0.5mm styrene sheet as a base. The base was way oversized and then trimmed down to size after the stalks had glued well. This was so fiddly and took several goes to get them glued. I then cut the angle on the top of the 'A' to meet the angle of the mirror housing and then glued them together. They are as close as I can get to the real mirrors on the racecar as 3D printed mirrors are out of the question since shipping to Australia is still not available. But these will work.
Posted Image
And I also needed to make some braces so that when the hood sat back into the model, it sat in the right place as the hinges had been cut off. Styrene plate glued to the underside inner lip of the front bumper
Posted Image
And then a strip of styrene glued to the underside of the hood and this will sit up against the bumper strip thus lining it up in the right spot
Posted Image
Like so
Posted Image
I then gave all the parts and filler touch ups a final sand and then sprayed some Tamiya grey primer on all the body and parts as this is the final check to make sure I have filled all the little gaps. Overall most parts are fine but just a couple more spots to fill and sand, then I can 2K prime this and start the painting process. It has taken some time to do all these body mods, but glad it's done. Looking forward to paint
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
And I thought I would check the stance, these are 18"wheel barrels from Uli Nowak with Legende-Miniatures slick tyres, and the Work Equip centers are 3D printed by [email protected], but he still can't ship them to me. But hopefully he can before the build is complete. That's it for now, more to come. Thanks for looking. Cheers
Posted Image

#23 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 9123 posts
  • Number of Models:not sure anymore
  • Favorite Brands:whoever makes opening JDMs
  • Proud Citizen of:†ca

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:42 PM

It really looks nice, the amount of body work in this thing is insane and a lot of it looks finicky.
I mod stuff

Wes

#24 OFFLINE   vulpex

vulpex

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2072 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:†de

Posted 12 September 2020 - 02:56 AM

Amazing progress here - can’t wait to see the yellow paint on it!!! :occasion14:
I can hardly imagine how much of skills and craftsmanship goes into this.
But you make this look so straight forward and easy... :adore: :adore: :adore:

#25 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2309 posts
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars

Posted 12 September 2020 - 04:23 AM

View PostStratosWRC, on 11 September 2020 - 08:42 PM, said:

It really looks nice, the amount of body work in this thing is insane and a lot of it looks finicky.
Thanks Wes, yeah more bodywork than I first thought, but it will be worth it in the end. I could not do without my magnifier, it has helped me so much since I got it.

View Postvulpex, on 12 September 2020 - 02:56 AM, said:

Amazing progress here - can’t wait to see the yellow paint on it!!! :occasion14:
I can hardly imagine how much of skills and craftsmanship goes into this.
But you make this look so straight forward and easy... :adore: :adore: :adore:
Thanks Dirk, plenty of time of work, so I have been putting hours in every day on this one.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.