DiecastXchange Forum banner

240Z's collection .... far from only 240Z ;-)

9K views 90 replies 17 participants last post by  240Z 
#1 ·
Hi,

I thougth I could present my small collection in the order I got my models...and at the same time training my photo skills

My first model I got and still have in my possesion was a gift from my uncle (approx 30 years ago).

It is a Mercedes Benz 300 SL from Bburago I've always thought it was a nice model since I've keept it all these years. OK nothing compared to todays detailed cars with superfinish and no gaps but...enjoy.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
17 years ago me and my wife had tried 'to get' children with no luck so we had to try something different...we bought ourselfs a 2 seater - a Datsun 240Z -73. This looked to be the cure since we got our first daughter one year after
so we got one year driving around fo our selfs. At one car meeting that year I bought this Datsun 240Z from Road Signature

Road Signature must have had some license issues for the commercial on the car

From under it looks quite OK with transmission and gearbox...other than some of todays cars

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
A couple of years back I started collecting Hot Wheels (1:64) 240Z / Fairladies. After a while I had most of them and the last ones to finish the collection felt kind of expensive so it dropped. During a eBay session earlier this year I stumbled over a really nice looking 1:18 model - wow it looked great so I pushed the buy button. And here she is the Datsun/Nissan Fairlady 240Z by AUTOart

The details are so fantastic in this car

Together with it's sister

Datass

#12 ·
After the Fairlady the interest of collecting 1:18 cars started for real
while chasing some missing HotWheels I found another orange beauty.
The 2015 Lamborghini Aventador SV - Sealed Body Ousia Serie from Kyosho. I really like all the details in this one but I'd really want a variant that isn't sealed...enjoy hte pictures (first time shooting outdoor)

Really nice carbon fibre details

#16 ·
Thank you all for the nice words!

Now coming up another Lambo this time it's
Bburago Lamborghini Sian FKP 37

I do think this model gives you a lot of bang for the bucks because the details given to it. Biggest flaw is the doglegs in the hood but I can live with that since there is nothing to see there anyway.I bought this after reeding some positive reviews and I can only agree - it's a beautie.

This time I tried to experiment with the photos - some of the pictures are a bit dark (easier to take photos in daylight!) - but what the heck, it's trial and error. I just found out that I don't have any memory left on my computer so no photo editing could be done due to lack of program
. Disc space clean up til next time....
Ok guys and gals - enjoy

One of the fine details you hardly can see - 'Realizzata a Sant'Agata Bolognese' script on this fin - Sweet!

Model name on the left and Italian flag to the right and in between the V12 (sorry for dark pic)

The interiour is also very good even if the interiour light didn't work this time

....and finally a bright picture....

#22 ·
Thanks for comments guys

Next update is a harder nut to crack for AUTOart since this little SUV was bought from China for €85!! The Range Rover SVAutobiography Dynamic from LCD Models is a pieace of art for the price it cost. All doors open, gas cover can open, mirros foldable and some moving parts in the interiour - Wow! I hope LCD will make some more sports cars aswell in the future...

Back seat with TV screens and a foldable mid seat with cup holders

Nice front seat with lot of details

Of all my cars (in the little collection) the Range Rover is my yougest daugters favorite
for sure all models are not 'playable' but this is OK....even thou I learn my kids that model cars and LEGO ISN'T toys *haha*

#25 ·
Thank you guys for encouraging words!!

Next up is my HWE Ferrari F12 Berlinetta a wonderful piece in my opinion. The model has nice forms and details are really good.

Any room for a golf bag??

The magic V12

Nice detailed wheels...

Shrink yourself to a 10 cm guy and take a ride

#27 ·
Gorgeous collection so far. I'm seriously eyeing one of those Solido 964s for myself. Can't wait to see what you add next!

#29 ·
Hey guys thanks for comments and wow now I'm on my second page!!...
Below is my latest purchase
- a bit of nostalica, lack of impulse control and that I was melting for that "exclusive" wooden base made me buy it (it also came in a wooden like cardboard box

Model from Bburago - Ferrari 456 GT from1992 - I guess with that stand it is an old school Signature *haha*...you know that the king of Sweden once owned/drove this Ferrari model (but in blue). Enjoy...I promise next model will be more 'exclusive'-

Pininfarina design

Who needs base plate in leather or carbon fiber when you can get wood

The 456 was produced for 11 years!!

The lovely V12

#34 ·
Thanks for the comments they are appriciated - and yes I do think this color combo is sooo fine on this model!

Next up is one of my favourite Porsche models the 911 930 Turbo and this one comes from Norev
I do think they have done a pretty good job to a reasonable price.....since I won't sell one of my kidneys to afford a AUTOart variant

I'm not that much into modifying my models but I did lower it a bit...removing the springs got it 2-3 mm closer to ground and it looks much better (unfortunately I didn't get that on the pictures).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.