1/18 Hyundai LaFesta (Dealer Edition)...distributed by Paudi Models - DX Sedan | Coupe | Convertible - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1/18 Hyundai LaFesta (Dealer Edition)...distributed by Paudi Models

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11635 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:38 PM

So, all along, I had thought that the new larger-compact class Hyundai LaFesta (Which is a bit smaller than the Mid-Size 2020 Sonata) would actually be sold in N.America as the new 2021 Elantra..I was wrong, really wrong. Hyundai is keeping this sportier "mini-Sonata" look a like in China and N.America got a new controversial geometric shape sided Elantra.

When I first had seen 1/1 images of the LaFesta, I was surprised that at how dramatic it looked. It is a really attractive 4 door Coupe with a very integrated rear ducktail like end. Overall, it's an attractive car. The face takes a little bit about more time to accept from my personal POV. However, like it's big brother the Sonata,  you can't say that it's a boring design.

As for the model, it's really done in the typical high standard Chinese Dealer Edition standards. Here, the model features fully opening body shell/detailed engine bay/trunk(boot) with hidden spare tire & tool kit/folding side mirrors/sliding panoramic sunroof/sliding front seats/perforated front grilles/metal chassis with fully detail working suspension/intricate lighting details/P.E.badging/dual-color finished wheels/painted inner rear exhaust tips and all finished in a vibrant and brilliant blue finish.
What's really nice about this model is it's weight, it's really heavy and solid feeling. It has a truly high quality feel to it matches the 1/1 in accuracy of proportions/shapes and details. The only mis-step that I noticed is, that the side mirror caps are body color. That's it, everything else is there.

I am really happy to have it in my collection. Mine was the very last one that my dealer had, so the P.E. badging at the rear got a little damaged. I should ask for a new P.E. badge, but didn't think of it.

Overall, if you can find one and like this attractive and sport sedan, then go for it, especially if you like Hyundai Motor Company or Korean automotive brands in your collection. Cheers! :occasion14:

Begin..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Details...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Opened Up!....
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

For Size Comparison, LaFesta with 2020 Sonata...
Posted Image

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1782 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:38 PM

This Hyundai is a looker!! The fastback profile is well proportioned.
Love the blue paint and the high standard of this 1:18. I think this model would sell well in USA.

Thanks for the review and pictures. I really enjoy reading them.

#3 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11635 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:33 PM

View Posttanayast, on 14 September 2020 - 07:38 PM, said:

This Hyundai is a looker!! The fastback profile is well proportioned.
Love the blue paint and the high standard of this 1:18. I think this model would sell well in USA.

Thanks for the review and pictures. I really enjoy reading them.
Hi Stefanus! I figured that this one might be right up your alley! :yahoo:   I really like this dramatic roofline on this car. I seriously thought that Hyundai would use this as the new Elantra. It's a very attractive car. But just like the New Tucson that debuted today, the western branded Hyundais now have a geometric body side. :dunno:
The blue paint on this model is so RICH! It's really draws the viewer into all of the other details that 's attached to the rest of the exterior. I too think that it would sell stateside as well.
Thanks Stefanus! I'm glad that you enjoyed reading this little review! Always glad to hear what you think on these types of models man!  CHEERS! :occasion14:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   kitefighter

kitefighter

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 943 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 23 September 2020 - 07:46 PM

Hyundai styling is superb days and this is no exception. Superb looking model. If only they'd make an i30N...

#5 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11635 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:52 PM

View Postkitefighter, on 23 September 2020 - 07:46 PM, said:

Hyundai styling is superb days and this is no exception. Superb looking model. If only they'd make an i30N...
Yes, Hyundai/Kia have hired only the best designers from premium companies!! :eusa_clap:  I would really like to see and have more Hyundai Kia models, am i30N would also be a nice addition :occasion14:

#6 ONLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3960 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted Yesterday, 11:48 PM

I love all of the various features on the model :drool5: :drool5:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.