Ferrari F12 70th Anniversary "The Grand Tourer" by BBR - Ferrari - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Ferrari F12 70th Anniversary "The Grand Tourer" by BBR

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12350 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:45 PM

Last month or so BBR posted an upcoming F12 in a special 70th Anniversary livery. And of all the special liveries BBR could have produced, the picked one of my 2 or 3 favorites. No red versions, nothing based on a race car with numbers and stripes. Nope, this elegant, beautiful, classy two tone example based on an INSANELY lovely 250 Europa Vignale, S/N 0313 EU.

This color combo works perfectly with the F12 as I see the F12 being very similar to the 250; V12 grand tourer. This car is in fact named, "The Grand Tourer". The color combo is Marrone Metallic (a light metallic brown) and Vinaccia (a deep wine red). And the wheels stick with a classic silver/aluminum finish. Other touches include black calibers because no one cared about the look of the brakes in the 50s. And the grille is chrome finished. Usually not a fan, but it really works with the overall style of this car.

Inside the seats are a tan, Creme color with nice black piping. Nothing crazy, but it really POPS. Everything about this model, this look, is special.  

This is the 3rd, 4th? 70th Anniversary models in my collection. I really love what Ferrari did, and I am happy to add another to the collection. I have also wanted a Special F12 for a while. I was going to have one made modeled after "The Tartan" 70th car, but when I saw this it was an easy buy. So, one more classic liveried Ferrari, and a special F12. PERFECT!!!!!!

First off, the real car this F12 was based on. One of the best looking Ferrari's ever made. I want this one as a model. Soon!
Posted Image

Quick comment on the following photos and the paint. In person, the flake is not so crazy. I wanted to make it POP so you can see it. Lots of details, very nice paint. I will be posting more photos outdoors with natural light. It should give more insight into the paint overall. Hope this isn't an issue.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Phatboi101

Phatboi101

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2535 posts
  • Interests:Just started on Instagram, give me a follow: @phatboi.modelcars
  • Favorite Brands:Ignition Models, FrontiArt, Peako, BBR
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 14 September 2020 - 09:05 PM

Stunning Jon!! I really like this spec, it just works soo well on the F12 and is probably one of the nicest colours I've seen that's made for the model. Big congrats on getting it

#3 OFFLINE   janositamas

janositamas

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1415 posts
  • Interests:Cars, photography, car photography
  • Number of Models:90 (02.2020.)
  • Favorite Brands:BBR, LookSmart, HWE, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: hu

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:19 PM

Yes, the color suits the car well, it makes it very unique, congrats for the model, it looks fantastic!

#4 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3747 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 15 September 2020 - 12:16 AM

Absolutely Stunning! I was pretty much over the standard F12, even the TDF but this is a georgous colour combination that exudes class. Damn you BBR, damn you COVID-19, and damn our Premier, I might have to investigate getting one into my stable too, some how

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31626 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 15 September 2020 - 06:29 AM

What a stunner!! It looks great!

I'm someone who doesn't always believe that all Ferrari's should be Red, and for their gt cars etc this colour really suits it. Fantastic!

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#6 ONLINE   rapide66

rapide66

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:007, menswear, watches, Liverpool FC, Ferrari, Aston Martin
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of: hk

Posted 15 September 2020 - 09:00 AM

Great spec and loving the two-tone colour scheme. The dark coloured roof is quite common for 458/488s but didn't realize it also works so well for the F12.

#7 OFFLINE   colourkin22

colourkin22

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1331 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Music/Drums, Things that move, Diecast.
  • Favorite Brands:Highway 61/Kyosho/Pocher/Ertl..etc.
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 15 September 2020 - 01:28 PM

I agree, as nice as those pics are, I think this is going to pop under the sun. Those cool LEDS aren't doing it full service.  That said, I loved the colour on this when you showed me earlier, so much so I actually went to the site and if this wasn't so much, I would have either gotten this or the red one.  But this is was the only one with the 70 year badge on it, and bit more special.   I think is telling that a model that came out way back in 2012 still has new 1/18's being produced of it.
Full Collection @ https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/topic/59177-colourkins-collection/

#8 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11635 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:39 PM

First off, CONGRATS on this add Jonathan! :eusa_clap:
WOW, Ferrari really pulled off a two-toned paint scheme on a modern closed body shelled coupe! :omg: I had to look to see if that had actually added a C-Pillar grove to get it to work so well! Big Cheers on the addition! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#9 OFFLINE   cwbs

cwbs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1275 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Any
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 15 September 2020 - 03:00 PM

The paint has been beautifully done on that F12, I love the wheels too! :eusa_clap: :drool5:

On my monitor it looks more towards a moss green instead than brown, which makes me wonder how awesome it would also look if it was really green!

#10 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12350 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:59 AM

View Postcolourkin22, on 15 September 2020 - 01:28 PM, said:

I agree, as nice as those pics are, I think this is going to pop under the sun. Those cool LEDS aren't doing it full service.  That said, I loved the colour on this when you showed me earlier, so much so I actually went to the site and if this wasn't so much, I would have either gotten this or the red one.  But this is was the only one with the 70 year badge on it, and bit more special.   I think is telling that a model that came out way back in 2012 still has new 1/18's being produced of it.

Thanks. With the garage it makes taking quick photos nice and easy. But, not always a fan of the light source. I did take outdoor photos but was not happy with them. So, I will try again later this week.

And it was a shocker to see this show up on BBRs site. An old mold, something I did not expect to ever see.

View Postcwbs, on 15 September 2020 - 03:00 PM, said:

The paint has been beautifully done on that F12, I love the wheels too! :eusa_clap: :drool5:

On my monitor it looks more towards a moss green instead than brown, which makes me wonder how awesome it would also look if it was really green!

Green is a great color for a GT car. But, I would almost want something darker like a British Racing Green. I am looking at adding the 812 GTS in BRG right now. Not sure I want to spend the money, though. These are a TON of money. And I can't buy too many of these.

View PostD N, on 15 September 2020 - 02:39 PM, said:

First off, CONGRATS on this add Jonathan! :eusa_clap:
WOW, Ferrari really pulled off a two-toned paint scheme on a modern closed body shelled coupe! :omg: I had to look to see if that had actually added a C-Pillar grove to get it to work so well! Big Cheers on the addition! :occasion14:

Thanks! Ferrari did a great job to do this as part of the 70th series. And it was always a favorite of mine. I think too many were just stripes, or numbers, or a different color choice. I honestly believe the interior of the 70th cars are the best part. Especially, when they copying a classic car. Sadly, a model would have trouble replicating the more detailed and special interiors. So, this is perfect as it really shows off its exterior. The two tone paint is great, well applied too. With one shade being this highly metallic light brown, and the other a flat, silky smooth deep red, they really got them both perfect.  It is awesome.

#11 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12350 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:08 AM

View Postrapide66, on 15 September 2020 - 09:00 AM, said:

Great spec and loving the two-tone colour scheme. The dark coloured roof is quite common for 458/488s but didn't realize it also works so well for the F12.

Cheers
I think the first time I saw that color on a modern Ferrari was Michael Mann's 599 GTO, the one HWE did years ago. It as since been used on the V8 cars. It is a really interesting color, rare, but very pretty.

View PostCraig, on 15 September 2020 - 06:29 AM, said:

What a stunner!! It looks great!

I'm someone who doesn't always believe that all Ferrari's should be Red, and for their gt cars etc this colour really suits it. Fantastic!

I can support red V8 Ferrari's. But the GT cars always seem to look best in blues and earth tones. Saying that, I have the HWE F12 in red, and BBR F12TDF in red. But, not really a fan of either. Now I have this, I will sell the HWE model. And I had plans to repaint the F12 TDF in this metallic brown. But, may change get it done in something new now. Just not sure. And it won't be for a while.

#12 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12350 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:20 AM

View PostPhatboi101, on 14 September 2020 - 09:05 PM, said:

Stunning Jon!! I really like this spec, it just works soo well on the F12 and is probably one of the nicest colours I've seen that's made for the model. Big congrats on getting it

Thanks
The color is great. As soon as I saw it, I bought it.

View Postjanositamas, on 14 September 2020 - 10:19 PM, said:

Yes, the color suits the car well, it makes it very unique, congrats for the model, it looks fantastic!

Unique for sure. I don't think we will see this color used on a modern Ferrari model ever. Must have in my eyes.

View Postsimondc07, on 15 September 2020 - 12:16 AM, said:

Absolutely Stunning! I was pretty much over the standard F12, even the TDF but this is a georgous colour combination that exudes class. Damn you BBR, damn you COVID-19, and damn our Premier, I might have to investigate getting one into my stable too, some how

I was not a big fan of the F12. And the blue and red HWE models were never the best for me. They are good models, but the car is fine. Recently it has started to look better. And I wanted ONE that was special. I will sell my other two F12 now as I really don't want them. This model is perfect. And it suites my collection nicely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.