1966 Ford Mustang (Nightmist Blue) - Classic Carllectables - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1966 Ford Mustang (Nightmist Blue)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Yeow Yi Fan

Yeow Yi Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 331 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:†sg

Posted 02 October 2020 - 11:41 PM

Hello everyone, it has been a while. Though I have not been posting regularly in recent months I continued to frequent the forum daily to check out the latest purchases and collection updates. :eusa_clap:

The diecast hobby is not dead, it has simply taken a different role in my life. To reignite my hobby again and as requested by EricP, here is a showcase/review.

Anyway, this Mustang was my 'latest' purchase though it was received in March 2020. While there is no shortage of Mustang diecast, there is limited decent 1964 ½ - 1966 Mustang. That is unless you are aware of the Australian-brand Classic Carlectables.

Prior to Nightmist Blue, Classic Carlectables have made 5 different variations of the '66 'Stang. These are almost impossible to find now and even if you can find one, the selling price might be prohibitive especially since most would come from Australia and the shipping cost can be a deterrent too.

Posted Image

Almost all of my Mustangs are fastbacks so it is nice to finally have a hardtop in my collection.

Posted Image

The antenna does not retract and is quite flimsy on my unit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As with most Classic Carlectables, the engine bay detailing is amazing. You can even see clearly the FoMoCo washer fluid bag and Autolite battery.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The air cleaner cover even comes off!

Posted Image

The interior is another highlight too. They even left the keys!

Posted Image

The shifter works though you can only shift between [P] and [N] I think. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is nothing fancy about the packaging. You do get your certificate and a pretty decent booklet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Compared to my other Mustangs, this 1966 is a bona fide boulevard cruiser. A Mustang need not be a muscle machine or sports car all the time. The detailing is great for the price. All the opening features operate with great tactility and are solid to the touch.

I am absolutely happy to have this in my collection and is a pleasure to share with you all!

Edited by Yeow Yi Fan, 02 October 2020 - 11:47 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   slartibartfast229

slartibartfast229

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 5135 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Otto
  • Proud Citizen of:†ie

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:40 AM

Good to see you back on the forum!
Great review of a rare Mustang model.
And it's an Australian market right hand drive version, so I imagine even the original cars are now rare (although the Australian climate helps with preservation).
I would like to get my hands one of these models, but like you say, prices are now sky high.

#3 ONLINE   MerkurKing16

MerkurKing16

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2090 posts
  • Interests:Anything that is interesting
  • Favorite Brands:Spark
  • Proud Citizen of:†us

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:59 AM

Welcome back.

Thatís some beautiful detail and really cool features. Classic Carlectables has had some really amazing models over the years.

#4 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4017 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of:†bg

Posted 03 October 2020 - 08:00 AM

Very nice pics and the model is certainly a looker :drool5:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#5 ONLINE   Alex SZ1996

Alex SZ1996

• DX Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 6642 posts
  • Interests:Cars
  • Proud Citizen of:†dk

Posted 03 October 2020 - 09:53 AM

i like the color, and looks to be a very nice model. Classic Carlectables are not common in Europe, and i have only one from them.

#6 OFFLINE   cwbs

cwbs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1398 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Any
  • Proud Citizen of:†ie

Posted 03 October 2020 - 11:20 AM

That model is insanely detailed, I love it! Working shifter, keys on the dash, air filter cover, also all that detail on the engine bay (with proper hood hinges, I might add)? That is so cool!

Congrats on owning that beauty! :occasion14: :eusa_clap: :drool5:

#7 OFFLINE   Yeow Yi Fan

Yeow Yi Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 331 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 12:26 AM

View Postslartibartfast229, on 03 October 2020 - 06:40 AM, said:

Good to see you back on the forum!
Great review of a rare Mustang model.
And it's an Australian market right hand drive version, so I imagine even the original cars are now rare (although the Australian climate helps with preservation).
I would like to get my hands one of these models, but like you say, prices are now sky high.

Thanks for the welcome. I have not been away just not posting anything of note. :giggle:

View PostMerkurKing16, on 03 October 2020 - 06:59 AM, said:

Welcome back.

That's some beautiful detail and really cool features. Classic Carlectables has had some really amazing models over the years.

Thanks! They make excellent Australian cars if you are into that subject matter.

View PostT1000, on 03 October 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

Very nice pics and the model is certainly a looker :drool5:

Natural lighting is best I suppose. Now that I have disposed of my foldable lightbox during my decluttering phase, I will just take my pictures at my local car park.

View PostAlex SZ1996, on 03 October 2020 - 09:53 AM, said:

i like the color, and looks to be a very nice model. Classic Carlectables are not common in Europe, and i have only one from them.

This color really pops under the sun, not so in my display cabinet. :gaah: I reckon sourcing for them beyond Australia and Asia Pacific will be huge burn on the wallet.

View Postcwbs, on 03 October 2020 - 11:20 AM, said:

That model is insanely detailed, I love it! Working shifter, keys on the dash, air filter cover, also all that detail on the engine bay (with proper hood hinges, I might add)? That is so cool!

Congrats on owning that beauty! :occasion14: :eusa_clap: :drool5:

Thank you! How could I forget the proper hinges!

My pleasure in sharing with you all. Time to fall in love with the hobby again. Let's just say I have found a new way of making the hobby sustainable. :giggle:

#8 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2582 posts
  • Interests:keeping it stock...
  • Number of Models:300++
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of:†au

Posted 05 October 2020 - 11:25 PM

Thanks for another in depth review :hope:  I was a little curious about the CC's rendition of the Mustang and your review has told me everything i need to know about it. I suppose like any other typical CC releases they are packed with little details.

#9 OFFLINE   Yeow Yi Fan

Yeow Yi Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 05:49 AM

View Postjazzy426, on 05 October 2020 - 11:25 PM, said:

Thanks for another in depth review :hope:  I was a little curious about the CC's rendition of the Mustang and your review has told me everything i need to know about it. I suppose like any other typical CC releases they are packed with little details.

Thanks man. For Classic Carlectables, what you see from their newsletter is definitely what you get. Full of details and sturdy features. The only potential cause for pause is the occasional flimsy craftsmanship and glue residue. Mine came with the front bumper slightly loose but once I tucked it in it is all good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.