Zero Paints base color with difrent Automotive brand clear-coat - Paint, Decals and Surface Work - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Zero Paints base color with difrent Automotive brand clear-coat

4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   msousa71

msousa71

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 160 posts
  • Favorite Brands:lamborghini
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:50 PM

Hi Guys

Zero paints seem to be currently having some delays this is what's posted and quoted from there website.

"Due to all shops ordering at once , we have a HUGE backlog now, orders are processed in the order they arrive, as always, so please bear with us"

I cant seem to find anyone who has there 2 -Pack Diamond Clearcoat in stock all dealers are out of stock and on back order with their clear coat right now.

I wanted to know if any of you guys have any experience spraying another automotive brand clear coat over the Zero Paints base color coats without having any negative paint reaction ?? if so what  brand do you recomend?

I am not sure what brand Zero Paints come from?

Due to all shops ordering at once , we have a HUGE backlog now, orders are processed in the order they arrive, as always, so please bear with usDue to e have a HUGE backlog now, orders are processed in the order they arrive, as always, ear with us

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   BaseGTR

BaseGTR

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1643 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ignition model, some GTS/Otto.
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 14 October 2020 - 05:28 PM

I believe any 2k lacquer will work just fine over it. I have sprayed Tamiya lacquer clear (1k) over Zero paints with no issues and I know of others who've used different 2k clears over it and been fine.

Base
@basegtr

#3 OFFLINE   janositamas

janositamas

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1437 posts
  • Interests:Cars, photography, car photography
  • Number of Models:90 (02.2020.)
  • Favorite Brands:BBR, LookSmart, HWE, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: hu

Posted 14 October 2020 - 10:14 PM

If you are in Canada, you can try Gravity Paints USA, they are in the US, so I think the shipping will be faster and cheaper compared to Zero from Europe to you. The paint quality is fantastic, I used them several times, their 2k clear would be good too IMO.

#4 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2417 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, building race cars, collecting 1/18 model cars and building custom models, collecting watches and sneakers
    My Youtube channel - Robs Model Cars
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars
  • Number of Models:Last count over 200
  • Favorite Brands:bbr, mr, frontiart, autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:37 PM

Yes you can spray automotive 2K clears straight over Zero paints base coat. No problems. I use DeBeer (Valspar) automotive primers, bases and clear coat, in the long run, these are more cost effective than continually buying 60ml bottles. If you build a lot of models, better off buying a 1 liter of primer, and clear at least, and use Zero for the base colors unless your local automotive paint supplier can mix you small quantity of base coat colors. My guy mixes me just 100ml minimum

#5 OFFLINE   msousa71

msousa71

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 160 posts
  • Favorite Brands:lamborghini
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:59 AM

View PostBaseGTR, on 14 October 2020 - 05:28 PM, said:

I believe any 2k lacquer will work just fine over it. I have sprayed Tamiya lacquer clear (1k) over Zero paints with no issues and I know of others who've used different 2k clears over it and been fine.

BaseGTR thanks for your input , i think the zero paints are probably based from lacquer as well , not sure!

View Postjanositamas, on 14 October 2020 - 10:14 PM, said:

If you are in Canada, you can try Gravity Paints USA, they are in the US, so I think the shipping will be faster and cheaper compared to Zero from Europe to you. The paint quality is fantastic, I used them several times, their 2k clear would be good too IMO.

Yes I am in canada ,Toronto area , I am actually going to try ordering some of there base colors to try out , but that could also be an option with the clearcoat

View PostROBSMC, on 15 October 2020 - 06:37 PM, said:

Yes you can spray automotive 2K clears straight over Zero paints base coat. No problems. I use DeBeer (Valspar) automotive primers, bases and clear coat, in the long run, these are more cost effective than continually buying 60ml bottles. If you build a lot of models, better off buying a 1 liter of primer, and clear at least, and use Zero for the base colors unless your local automotive paint supplier can mix you small quantity of base coat colors. My guy mixes me just 100ml minimum

Rob yes that makes alot of sense to buy a pint of the 2k clear at my automotive paint supplier , it would be much cheaper at least as far as the clear and primer is concerned instead of ordering the small bottles from zero paints , going to visit my local paint supplier this week and see what they have and prices

Edited by msousa71, 16 October 2020 - 07:02 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.