blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4616 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:†us

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:01 PM

Hi,

I just recently saw a 1/18 IG Nissan GTR(plain street version in silver), which is the same model as the TarmacWorks brand version 2017 1/18 Nissan GTR R35. I am thinking of getting the Ignition version as an upgrade. Not sure if it is worthy as I am unfamiliar with the brand. Would like your input if you own any IG models. TIA!

Edited by blieu118, 16 October 2020 - 03:02 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Phatboi101

Phatboi101

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2576 posts
  • Interests:Just started on Instagram, give me a follow: @phatboi.modelcars
  • Favorite Brands:Ignition Models, FrontiArt, Peako, BBR
  • Proud Citizen of:†au

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:26 PM

IG are well worth the price if you get them for retail, as most tend to go up in value once sold out. I don't have that particular model but the 10 or so I do own are all very good quality (if you don't mind that they are sealed, which I don't).

#3 OFFLINE   ROBSMC

ROBSMC

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2396 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, building race cars, collecting 1/18 model cars and building custom models, collecting watches and sneakers
    My Youtube channel - Robs Model Cars
    Facebook @RobsModelCars
    Instagram @RobsModelCars
  • Number of Models:Last count over 200
  • Favorite Brands:bbr, mr, frontiart, autoart

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:31 PM

Yeah Ignition models are good bang for your buck, very good quality and all the newer releases have the thicker windows in them which has eliminated the warping / popping window issues of the past

#4 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31880 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:†gb

Posted 17 October 2020 - 11:09 AM

I've got quite a few of their models and they are really nice. They also make some models that no one else is ever likely to do.
The only thing is (as mentioned) you have to try to pay retail price for them. Almost all of their models once sold out are re sold for a lot more money as they become so rare.
The lack of availability and re sellers annoys me, for example, if you buy direct, you have to be on their website at a specified time, otherwise they'll have sold out by the next day.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#5 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4616 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 02:31 PM

Thank you so much for all the input. I just placed my order of the IG Nissan GTR directly from IG-model! My first IG model! Canít wait to see it in the flesh!

#6 OFFLINE   Phatboi101

Phatboi101

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2576 posts
  • Interests:Just started on Instagram, give me a follow: @phatboi.modelcars
  • Favorite Brands:Ignition Models, FrontiArt, Peako, BBR

Posted 17 October 2020 - 03:47 PM

They make some of the best resin models IMO (certainly JDM specific) on the market. You'll see for yourself when you get it. I was late to the IG brand and got a bit addicted after I started 😂

#7 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4616 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 04:07 PM

View PostPhatboi101, on 17 October 2020 - 03:47 PM, said:

They make some of the best resin models IMO (certainly JDM specific) on the market. You'll see for yourself when you get it. I was late to the IG brand and got a bit addicted after I started 😂

Late is better than never. But I wish I got some of their earlier model like the GTR Nismo.
I was able to buy the Nissan GTR I just ordered from IG Model for a cheaper price from a seller in China but because I did not want to preorder, I missed out. As soon as he got his stock in, they were completely sold out. I guess everyone preordered theirs. But I am happy now that I got one although it is not the best price.

I hope I wonít be too addicted or my wallet will shake its head LOL

Edited by blieu118, 17 October 2020 - 04:21 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4616 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 11:07 PM

Its sold out. I got the last one of their stock :O

#9 OFFLINE   EmilA

EmilA

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 178 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Ignition Model
  • Proud Citizen of:†uk

Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:38 AM

Most of my collection is IG and I doubt I'll move away from them tbh. For me, they just get it right. I'm happy with resin models aswell, i actually think i prefer them

#10 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4616 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 12:07 AM

I just received the IG Nissan GTR 2017 version(2 day express shipping that was fast WOW!) Everything looks good but after removing the model off its base, I realized that the rear right wheel was very loose and I could move it up and down. Any idea how IG model wheels were attached? I hope nothing was broken? It seems like each wheel was glued on individually instead of being attached to an axel/metal rod like other brands of resin models(Frontiart, GT-Spirit)?

Edited by blieu118, 21 October 2020 - 04:29 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   KB34

KB34

• DX Community
  • 30 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC

Posted 22 October 2020 - 10:14 AM

I just got the Porsche RWB 933 Gespenst (Black) that I pre-ordered in the mail the other day. It's my first Ignition model and I do have to say I am a bit underwhelmed with it. The paint looks great and the details overall are good but it definitely feels cheap. The thing I was most attracted to when I pre-ordered was the exposed exhaust and motor in the back but when I received mine the motor was loose so I took it off the base to see if I could reattach it and its just a lump of cheap molded plastic with a screw through the middle into the bottom of the model. Easy fix, but I figured for the price its not what I was expecting.

#12 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4616 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 11:14 PM

View PostKB34, on 22 October 2020 - 10:14 AM, said:

I just got the Porsche RWB 933 Gespenst (Black) that I pre-ordered in the mail the other day. It's my first Ignition model and I do have to say I am a bit underwhelmed with it. The paint looks great and the details overall are good but it definitely feels cheap. The thing I was most attracted to when I pre-ordered was the exposed exhaust and motor in the back but when I received mine the motor was loose so I took it off the base to see if I could reattach it and its just a lump of cheap molded plastic with a screw through the middle into the bottom of the model. Easy fix, but I figured for the price its not what I was expecting.

I totally understand what you are going through. Like my first IG model. The paint looks good and the window films feel solid. Other than that everything else feels and looks cheap. It is a $300 model but not much better than my $150 Tarmac Works Nissan GTR. Both brands made the same car but I can not justify paying double the price for that. From my first experience, IG still has a lot to climb when comparing with other high end resin models that I have(MR, Frontiart, BBR). For the Nissan GTR that I just bought, the interior such as the instrument clusters, buttons etc are just black plastic without any paint or decals, the wheels look cheap without any metal parts(wheel nuts) like BBR, MR, Frontiart wheels and the exhaust pipes look like plastic and have not much depth. It is just not on the same level.

Edited by blieu118, 23 October 2020 - 11:54 PM.

#13 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • 31880 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 09:29 AM

Have you got any pictures?

F**k you Photobucket.

#14 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4616 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 12:46 PM

Here you go Craig(Sorry I dont know how to directly show the images on DX. But for now just for quick reference):

https://imgur.com/gallery/CwYeh4p

Note: zoom in on the interior pic you will see how plastic and cheap that looks. Also, did you see the pic showing how scratched up that lower rear/defuser is?

Edited by blieu118, 24 October 2020 - 06:35 PM.

#15 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4616 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 11:41 PM

Second thought:
I think I will keep it as I look carefully, there are some finer details on the IG like the rear tail lights(more realistic) And headlights that the Tarmac Works lacks.

#16 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • 31880 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 09:32 AM

View Postblieu118, on 24 October 2020 - 12:46 PM, said:

Here you go Craig(Sorry I dont know how to directly show the images on DX. But for now just for quick reference):

https://imgur.com/gallery/CwYeh4p

Note: zoom in on the interior pic you will see how plastic and cheap that looks. Also, did you see the pic showing how scratched up that lower rear/defuser is?
Thanks, I quite like it, but the rear end is too low and the way the wheels sit in the wheel arch looks a bit strange.
I do have an R35 GT-R from them, but it's a Pandem one, so it has the wide arch kit on it. The wheels sit normally on that one.

Yeah I saw the rear diffuser, not good. looks like they didn't paint it properly.

F**k you Photobucket.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.