DiecastXchange Forum banner

2019 Dodge Viper 1:28 Edition with a small issue

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  mythic540 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I bought a Dodge Viper 1:28 Edition on eBay about three months ago and when it arrived the box had a faint "rattle" to it. Already knowing this isn't going to be a pleasant surprise I open the box and find the rear wing detached from the car so I message the seller and get it exchanged for a new one. The next one arrives... I hear a faint "rattle" in the box.... this time one of the rear tail light lenses is floating around the box along with the passenger mirror. The car was secured to the foam clam shell so not sure how it happened. I return this one and decide to buy one from a different seller. The third one shows up and while anticipating the drivers door to be broken or a wheel missing I open it up and find.... nothing wrong! That is until about a month and a half later. I never bothered to open the hood during my initial inspection. The top of the motor is missing. Of course I am about 3 days past the eBay return window.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, I've never seen that before. That's gone from small to huge issue. Who would think that such big piece could be missing and pass QC? Sometimes I didn't check the engine/interior on my newly acquired model as well. I'll remember this next time.

#3 ·
Going by the pic you posted and comparing to pics from elsewhere, that engine bay is missing almost everything from X-brace to intake manifold, throttle body, valve covers, reservoirs an so on.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that comes all in one whole plastic piece. Autoartspares.com might have it, if not then maybe if you write to them and send your engine pic, they may be able to find the missing parts for you.

#9 ·
I reached out to Pay Pal to open a case against the seller (minineopet on eBay) and a couple hours later received a message from them backtracking on what they said previously about no returns. I'm sending it back today and adding minineopet to my do not buy from list.

#14 ·
dammit man! i have bought from them before (gallardo superleggera and r32 gtr) with no issues and im looking at another model in their storefront but now i'm getting nervous about autoarts newer models. the worst part being that there are some sellers that specifically say to inspect the car before removing it from its base as they wont accept it as a return after doing that even though QC issues like yours cant be spotted UNTIL you open it whatnot. so how the hell is anyone supposed to feel confident dumping over $100 on what is essentially just a toy car? i hope autoart can find their way again and deliver on their reputation on quality even if that means being a little pricier. this is what you would expect out of a maisto or other budget brands but even those seem pretty solidly built these days for the price.

#12 ·
Is there a way for us, buyers, to claim directly from AUTOart parts or replace models in this case? Maybe via FB team request or something? This should be widely know as an issue and buyers must take action. There is no excuse for so expensive models to have MISSING parts.

#15 ·
Wow, That reminds me of my Ford GT I bought directly from Autoart website. I had moved to new apt and so never opened the box. literally months later I opened it to find the drivers door open slightly, tried to close it and it wont close. Unbelievable. I think they sold me a damaged model someone else returned. Too late to return it so I sold it on Ebay for a loss and bought a new one from an Ebay seller. Thankfully the new one was pristine.

This is the second time I ordered from their site and got a dud. I don't think its the sellers on Ebay fault. Its Autoart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.