1/18 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S Coupe...by Norev - DX Trucks | SUV | Haulers - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1/18 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S Coupe...by Norev

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11794 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 20 November 2020 - 09:07 PM

It looks a little bit like like a warthog in sideview, doesn't it? However, in other views it looks really interesting! I actually like it.
With our crazy world doing everything that it can to make an SUV really look and perform like a real "SPORT...Utility Vehicle" You'd have to say this side of it's Urus & Audi RSQ8 platform mates, Porsche is going to make sure that theirs is truly sporty. With serious competition from with in the VAG group, and let alone from the likes of BMW's X5M and Mercedes-Benzes slew of AMG powered models, Porsche has some stiff competition.  

Enter Porsche's version of their popular Cayenne SUV in the now obligatory "Coupe" guise. If I were in the market for a performance SUV and had a really high budget, I would look at one of these, although a friend here bought a brand new Cayenne Turbo and teh thing locked itself for three weeks with neither he nor Porsche being able to get into it. Only to spontaneously combust burst into flames later on burn up on the side of the road a year later. Yet, I'd still chance it! Perhaps, he just got one built on Friday evening or Monday morning?

So, I was tempted several times to order this 1/18th scale Grey Norev model from China, as it's been out there since late summer. However, I exercised some restraint & patience while I waited until it arrived here in Europe some weeks ago. I immediately had to buy one.

It was such a high priced disappointment that Porsche wanted 399,00 Euros for the Driver's Select models which debuted this model in Brown & Black. However, normally Norev models usually only worth around 90,00 euros. so, a lot of us collectors sadly passed on the Exclusive Brown & Black variations. However, you can now get a black/white or grey from China, but they all come with a black interior. I guess one could take the time and do a repaint. I have to many backlogged images to take of other models than to consume my time personalizing a perfectly good model. Basically, I can live with the slightly boring black interior.
Speaking of the interior, at least one can access it on this Norev, unlike the recent load of sealed metal PA/Minichamps Dealer Editions that have been so disappointing to us Porsche fans...and for the price that Porsche used to charge for their opening 1/18th models. I don't get it? Is this ever increasing price hike a financial result from "Diesel Gate" (This also happened when Elon had a meltdown on Twitter like two years ago.. prices of their 1/18th scale model cars went up $35USD in the US the following day after stocks/shares fell)...or is it just that Minichamps is being greedy and Porsche won't or can't break their contract and go with a full lineup by the French Model maker versus Aachen's group? Either way, Minichamps, PLEASE start doing opening diecast to a high quality level again, as collectors we miss the old Minichamps. Until then, I will keep championing Norev when they release opening diecast metal models at a very decent price.

Look, this is a full opening 1/18th scale model with good, actually really good engine detailing as well as a an accurate and fully carpeted interior. It's a no brainer purchase to buy if you like Porsche/SUVs or German cars. Please have a look at my images, it's a decent model. My only negative is that all door gaps could be tighter (Like Norev have done on their S-Klasse Model). Let me know if they convince you on a purchase or not?

Begin...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Opened Up!...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Details...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4015 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 20 November 2020 - 09:24 PM

My nitpicks are the color and the fact that the trunk lid doesn't open high enough. Had I've been a Porsche fan though, I'd certainly get this one.
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#3 OFFLINE   cwbs

cwbs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1394 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Any
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 20 November 2020 - 09:28 PM

Thanks for the review, David! I do want one, because it's a Porsche, and it's a Cayenne, and I don't have a Cayenne of any generation in my collection.

But those panels gaps though... also the wheels and brakes look a bit toyish. I think I might pass on that one.

#4 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11794 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:28 PM

View PostT1000, on 20 November 2020 - 09:24 PM, said:

My nitpicks are the color and the fact that the trunk lid doesn't open high enough. Had I've been a Porsche fan though, I'd certainly get this one.
Same here, the trunk not lifting far enough is my issue as well! Glad that you brought that up. :eusa_clap: I had forgot to point that out as well as the non-perforated front grille. That said, I think that I was so over the moon with the fact that it actually opens...because Minichamps has set the bar soooo loooow!  :rolleyes:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   tanayast

tanayast

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1840 posts
  • Number of Models:150+ mainly 1:18's
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, Norev, Paragon, GT-Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:47 PM

Thanks for sharing this Dave :occasion14:
I had the sealed Cayenne Coupe in orange a while ago and sold it hoping to get this one, but the door gaps kinda scared me.... you know how I am with panel gaps....
But regardless I do like the Cayenne coupe design, they kinda keep that '911 silhouette' on top of the SUV body and it looks good! Definitely more organic vs the BMW X6.
I really want one and I may get one in black hoping the larger panel gaps will be less visible.

#6 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11794 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 11:13 PM

View Postcwbs, on 20 November 2020 - 09:28 PM, said:

Thanks for the review, David! I do want one, because it's a Porsche, and it's a Cayenne, and I don't have a Cayenne of any generation in my collection.

But those panels gaps though... also the wheels and brakes look a bit toyish. I think I might pass on that one.
I'm glad that you appreciated the review! :danke: I only have two Cayenne models (So far in my collection) one is the Norev release still originally in it's box from like 12 or 13 years ago..LOL  :rolleyes: I guess that I need to pull it out and take some pics.  
Yeah the door panel gaps could be from excessive mold wear, as this thing already came in 5 colors between Porsche and China, so Europe is getting a hard used tooling it seems. I just looked at the ones in China, which were released this past summer, their gaps on all three colors including grey looks fine. You could get one from there in Black and it looks really fine.

Actually, I think that Norev have done a decent job on the wheels themselves they got the two-toned effect correctly applied...but, I can see that the tries don't exactly looks like rubber in my pics. :nice:

#7 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11794 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 11:27 PM

View Posttanayast, on 20 November 2020 - 10:47 PM, said:

Thanks for sharing this Dave :occasion14:
I had the sealed Cayenne Coupe in orange a while ago and sold it hoping to get this one, but the door gaps kinda scared me.... you know how I am with panel gaps....
But regardless I do like the Cayenne coupe design, they kinda keep that '911 silhouette' on top of the SUV body and it looks good! Definitely more organic vs the BMW X6.
I really want one and I may get one in black hoping the larger panel gaps will be less visible.
My Pleasure Stefanus!! :danke:
I couldn't do the sealed Coupes, I really didn't notice the gaps in person, but I can clearly see them in my pics. I think that boring black might be the best color choice to resolve that. :nice:
Yes, the Cayenne gets better and better with each Generation. The Macan was really nice from the get go! I also like that the Cayenne Coupe still resembles a Porsche product.
I am looking forward to the review of your black Cayenne! CHEERS! :occasion14:

#8 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31890 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:14 AM

I have a few ebay listings for this one on my watch list, but I've not bought one yet. I like the fact that it opens and the price is quite fair. But overall it's just not popping for me. I don't know!!

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.