LCD 1:18 Suzuki Jimny Sierra a Pictorial Review - Miscellaneous 1/18 brands & non 1/18 scale models. - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

LCD 1:18 Suzuki Jimny Sierra a Pictorial Review

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   channabasanna

channabasanna

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Scalemodel cars, Formula 1, Cricket, Gaming, Drawing, Painting, doing Crafts
  • Favorite Brands:Welly, Autoart, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: in

Posted 30 November 2020 - 05:15 AM

Hello All,

Added another LCD model to my collection and this time it is the Lime Green 1:18 Suzuki Jimny Sierra. After seeing a real car on road and LCD doing it in 1:18 i decided to get it, the model is very well detailed, for a diecast model which is priced less this is a gem of a model.

Some of the highlights of the model are:
Photoetched front grill, seat belt buckles
Seat belts feel realistic
Textured Seats
Detailed dash
Foldable Rear seats.
Foldable mirrors.
Detailed lights and indicators
Detailed underchassis.
Working shaft.

Lets do a pictorial review:

Detailed Front Grill and Headlights: Can see radiator behing the grill

Posted Image

Posted Image

Detailed Engine bay: The Engine bay is detailed and well replicated. Also is the real car engine picture from google.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Real Car Engine bay
Posted Image

Detailed Interior: The dash is very well replicated, AC vents, display, control knobs, glove box and seat texture are all well replicated. Door cards are also detailed.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All doors open:
Posted Image

Foldable rear seats: Also notice the detailed rear lights, seat belts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Openable luggage space:
Posted Image

Detailed Rear Door: The rear windshield has the defrosters
Posted Image

Foldable Mirrors:
Mirrors Opened
Posted Image

Mirror Closed
Posted Image

Wheels, Side Indicators:
Front wheel
Posted Image

Rear Wheel
Posted Image

Side Indicator
Posted Image

Opening fuel cover:
Posted Image

Detailed Underchassis:
Posted Image

Side Profile:
Posted Image

Few pics with the 1:64s
Posted Image

Posted Image

Few pics of the Jimny
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Few pics of the Jimny along with the other extreme Kengfai Toyota Land Cruiser

Posted Image

Posted Image

00000IMG_00000_BURST20201127210933905_COVER by Channabasanna Shivamurthy, on Flickr

Edited by channabasanna, 30 November 2020 - 06:14 AM.

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 ONLINE   cwbs

cwbs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1598 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Any
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:03 AM

That is a very nice model, thanks for the photos and review! I've been very close to ordering it a few times but never did, when I find the one in baby blue or dark green I will order one.

Edited by cwbs, 30 November 2020 - 08:03 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   channabasanna

channabasanna

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Scalemodel cars, Formula 1, Cricket, Gaming, Drawing, Painting, doing Crafts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:41 AM

cwbs, on 30 November 2020 - 08:03 AM, said:

That is a very nice model, thanks for the photos and review! I've been very close to ordering it a few times but never did, when I find the one in baby blue or dark green I will order one.

Thanks cwbs. As for the dark green or the baby blue it is there in megamo. Have a look
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 12191 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 30 November 2020 - 10:17 AM

Congrats on the add! :eusa_clap:  LCD is on a roll, their models keep going from strength to strength on every new release! Also, usually an excellent value for their quality level!

I ended up getting the BM Creations one, but haven't been outside to take proper pics this entire year. :gaah:  Seeing your pics makes me want to and maybe to also add an LCD to do a side by side comparison! :yahoo:
Cheers! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#5 OFFLINE   channabasanna

channabasanna

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 439 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:18 PM

D N, on 30 November 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

Congrats on the add! :eusa_clap:  LCD is on a roll, their models keep going from strength to strength on every new release! Also, usually an excellent value for their quality level!

I ended up getting the BM Creations one, but haven't been outside to take proper pics this entire year. :gaah:  Seeing your pics makes me want to and maybe to also add an LCD to do a side by side comparison! :yahoo:

Thank you David. Indeed as you mentioned in your Mclaren thread they should come up with more make and models. At their pricing, they will be surely rock. For the price of 79 USD worth it.
Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Yeow Yi Fan

Yeow Yi Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 349 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: sg

Posted 01 December 2020 - 02:23 AM

D N, on 30 November 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

This looks so much better than BM Creations. I know it because I bought one and subsequently sold it.

This seems to have fully functional front and rear suspensions too? That was the party trick of BM Creations but alas, the fascia was not 'Jimny' enough with the headlights and grille proportions not properly dialed in. This one looks very good.

#7 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 12191 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 01 December 2020 - 03:28 PM

View PostYeow Yi Fan, on 01 December 2020 - 02:23 AM, said:

View PostD N, on 30 November 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

This looks so much better than BM Creations. I know it because I bought one and subsequently sold it.

This seems to have fully functional front and rear suspensions too? That was the party trick of BM Creations but alas, the fascia was not 'Jimny' enough with the headlights and grille proportions not properly dialed in. This one looks very good.
That's what was bugging me too. Once it was pointed out, that's when I was a bit disappointed. However, the chassis is matching more so on the BM Creations one. I can't get over how LCD painted the chassis silver, like on every color to boot. That said, I like that LCD got the facia characteristics right. So, it's worth an add just because of that. :occasion14:

View Postchannabasanna, on 30 November 2020 - 09:18 PM, said:

View PostD N, on 30 November 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

Thank you David. Indeed as you mentioned in your Mclaren thread they should come up with more make and models. At their pricing, they will be surely rock. For the price of 79 USD worth it.
You're Welcome! Very nice review. I'm looking forward to more LCD models! :yahoo:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#8 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4148 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:BBurago and mostly budgets
  • Proud Citizen of: bg

Posted 04 December 2020 - 09:59 AM

Apart from the engine bay which seems a little underwhelming compared to the rest of the model, it is indeed an another great effort by LCD. And a great review as always :occasion14: :yahoo:
I'll be back
Posted Image
Rammstein lights the match again!
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#9 OFFLINE   mcaf123

mcaf123

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 4062 posts
  • Interests:Instagram - @themodelcarcritic
    Facebook - The Model Car Critic
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, CMC, GT Spirit, Top Marques
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 05 December 2020 - 04:36 PM

Great set of pics mate. I'd like to see a three way comparison between BM Creations, LCD and AUTOart of this model!
Please check out my collection thread HERE
Posted Image
Review portfolio: https://themodelcarcritic.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook...modelcarcritic/
Instagram page: @themodelcarcritic
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzS5wbCpLx-e7XxMDJa7SqA

#10 OFFLINE   channabasanna

channabasanna

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 09:05 AM

T1000, on 04 December 2020 - 09:59 AM, said:

Apart from the engine bay which seems a little underwhelming compared to the rest of the model, it is indeed an another great effort by LCD. And a great review as always :occasion14: :yahoo:

Thank you T1000

mcaf123, on 05 December 2020 - 04:36 PM, said:

Great set of pics mate. I'd like to see a three way comparison between BM Creations, LCD and AUTOart of this model!

Thank you Chaim.

One of the best budget models i would say. Probably engine details could be better, but at that price we can not complain on the model.
Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   The Paladin

The Paladin

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 348 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Autoart, Welly
  • Proud Citizen of: cl

Posted 11 December 2020 - 09:13 PM

The engine looks quite bad compared with other LCD models and compared with the real car, other than that looks good.

#12 OFFLINE   channabasanna

channabasanna

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 439 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 05:52 AM

View PostThe Paladin, on 11 December 2020 - 09:13 PM, said:

The engine looks quite bad compared with other LCD models and compared with the real car, other than that looks good.

True, but for the price tag it is not bad. May be few tweaks with modders will make it look great.
Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   channabasanna

channabasanna

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 04:04 AM

If anyone is interested in seeing a video review of the model, please find the video link below

https://youtu.be/6beSJmdoveo

Edited by channabasanna, 04 February 2021 - 04:06 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.