Yeow Yi Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 349 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: sg

Posted 04 December 2020 - 05:03 AM

Posted Image

The S206 was based on the GV WRX STI as the crown of STI-tuned cars. The S206 was definitely a JDM special with only 300 units produced and limited to its motherland of Japan. It followed on almost a decade of STI S-Series like the R205, S204 and not forgetting the bonkers-looking S201.

Posted Image

The S206 featured exclusive Bilstein dampers with STI coil springs, a flexible front strut bar and draw stiffeners plus a bespoke set of 19” BBS aluminum wheels with silver-finished calipers.

Posted Image

The EJ20 was hand-built and the engineers ensured an optimum balance of pistons, connecting rods and crankshaft prior to assembly. The specs were further honed by STI with a retuned ECU and improved twin scroll turbo. The rated outputs were 320 bhp and 431 Nm.

Posted Image

To commemorate winning the 24 Hours of Nürburgring SP3T class, Subaru released a further 100 units with the commemorative NBR Challenge Package that included a carbon roof and dry carbon rear wing.

Posted Image

My collection has undergone a significant reshuffle since the turn of 2020, way before the world changed due to Covid-19. Now I focus pretty much only on 1:64 Tomica Limited Vintage Neo and 1:18 Subarus and Evos.

Posted Image

When I knew about OttO’s future release of this Subaru, I knew I had to add it to my collection. This presented a great opportunity to acquire my first ever OttO resin model. My last and first non-diecast was Ignition Model’s Evo III and I was pleased enough to continue adding more resin to my otherwise metal-based collection.

Posted Image

The model arrived without a hitch courtesy of DHL and it came packed within a Styrofoam casing secured by tapes.

Posted Image

Cut through the tapes and lift off the upper half of the Styrofoam shell, the model is half revealed, blanketed by the protector paper sheet and plastic wrap.

Posted Image

You get an additional Subaru emblem decal, which some might find useful later…

Posted Image

The S206 measured at a staggering 939 grams, which is more than even most of my diecast models. OttO definitely did not skimp on the ballast budget. Apart from the hefty weight, another welcome bonus is both axles do roll and they roll excellently.

Posted Image

First impressions are excellent with the paintwork rich and consistent throughout the bodyshell. Then there is the stance. I cannot compare the ride height against the actual car but OttO’s interpretation has certainly given this Subaru a very aggressive and sporty look, aided greatly by the full bodykit and those 19” wheels.

Posted Image

I have a few gripes against the model though. There is zero perforation on the hood scoop, vents and even the exhaust outlets are only partially inset. Secondly, the Subaru emblems were clumsily applied on my specimen and they were not placed well within the badge housing. Perhaps this is where the additional decal comes handy. The STI logo on the boot looks like an imitation you buy from AliExpress. On certain parts, there is adhesive residue and smudges present.

Posted Image

In spite of all of these, I absolutely love this model. My opinion might be biased seeing I own a Subaru and consider myself a fanboy. Another observation is the transparent sheet used for the glasses is a little too thin for my liking, or at least it is thinner than what you’d get from Ignition Model. Exercise caution when handling around the window areas.

Posted Image

Interior shots can be flattering at times, I’ll let the outdoor shots do the rest of the talking…

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think the wheel lug nuts should be a few sizes larger…

Posted Image

Personally, I prefer the GV Sedan over the GR Hatchback. The widebody on the GV just does it for me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

At only €60 and with a limited production run of only 2,000 units plus the fact that this is based on a very unique subject matter, the S206 is a true bargain.

Just a few years prior, I would never have imagined myself buying a resin model and now I have 2 in the collection. For those who pretty much still swear off resin, do keep an open mind, especially when the vehicle of your desire is getting made.

Edited by Yeow Yi Fan, 04 December 2020 - 08:18 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2737 posts
  • Interests:keeping it stock...
  • Number of Models:300++
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 04 December 2020 - 05:26 AM

lovely photos and an astonishing looking model! Thanks for the write up. The Ottomobile definitely shines when comes to decent sealed resin.  :hope:

#3 OFFLINE   aBelga_v2

aBelga_v2

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Number of Models:1/18 - 9 models
    1/43 - 11 models
  • Favorite Brands:Norev, Solido
  • Proud Citizen of: hu

Posted 04 December 2020 - 05:35 AM

Only 60 euros? Every website I have a look at lists OttOs for more or around 100 euros. Am I missing the trick? :yahoo:

Beautiful specimen. That blue color is really lively and suits it well :danke:

If you are interested in my 1/18 collection, feel free to click the link below  :rolleyes:

https://www.diecastx...118-collection/

#4 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32582 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 04 December 2020 - 07:43 AM

View PostaBelga_v2, on 04 December 2020 - 05:35 AM, said:

Only 60 euros? Every website I have a look at lists OttOs for more or around 100 euros. Am I missing the trick? :yahoo:

Beautiful specimen. That blue color is really lively and suits it well :danke:
Sign up up to the OttO Mobile club, so you can pre order them and get them when they are released. It means you don't miss out, and you don't have to pay extra to some chump on ebay who is selling them for a profit right away.
https://otto-models.com/en/

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#5 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • 32582 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 07:49 AM

Nice pictures and a good review of it. :occasion14:

It's a nice looking model, I got one right away when it was available on pre-order. I have their S205 in Pearl White already so it will go well with that model. I don't have their S204, but had the AUTOart one a while ago. I have an absolute ton of other Impreza models, so you could say that I'm a bit of a fan too.

F**k you Photobucket.

#6 OFFLINE   aBelga_v2

aBelga_v2

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Number of Models:1/18 - 9 models
    1/43 - 11 models
  • Favorite Brands:Norev, Solido
  • Proud Citizen of: hu

Posted 04 December 2020 - 07:59 AM

Thank you for the tip Craig, signed up now and can see all the pre-orders for 60 euros.. Have you ordered from them before? What's the shipping like to the UK from them?

If you are interested in my 1/18 collection, feel free to click the link below  :rolleyes:

https://www.diecastx...118-collection/

#7 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2737 posts
  • Interests:keeping it stock...
  • Number of Models:300++
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 04 December 2020 - 08:10 AM

Definitely can't be all that bad for shipping from France to UK.. i think for delivery to Germany is around 5EUR from the postage quote I saw.. but I had to pay 36.90EUR for a single model to Oz. Two 1/18 is 44EUR. :bawling: I have just paid for the upcoming E39 M5 pre-order. I have never pre-ordered anything from them directly mainly due to the postage cost but I really do want the E39...

#8 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • 32582 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 10:41 AM

View PostaBelga_v2, on 04 December 2020 - 07:59 AM, said:

Thank you for the tip Craig, signed up now and can see all the pre-orders for 60 euros.. Have you ordered from them before? What's the shipping like to the UK from them?
Yeah many times for the past few years. Shipping is good, it's much cheaper now than it was a while ago.
If you order one model from the month they'll just put your address on the Brown box the model has. If you buy two or more they put them into another box too (this means that you don't have a silly shipping label on the Brown box and the White inner box will be dent free)

F**k you Photobucket.

#9 ONLINE   Alex SZ1996

Alex SZ1996

• DX Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 6727 posts
  • Interests:Cars
  • Proud Citizen of: dk

Posted 04 December 2020 - 03:44 PM

it looks like a nice model overall. i would buy it if it wasnt an sealed model.

#10 OFFLINE   Yeow Yi Fan

Yeow Yi Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 349 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 08:34 PM

View Postjazzy426, on 04 December 2020 - 05:26 AM, said:

lovely photos and an astonishing looking model! Thanks for the write up. The Ottomobile definitely shines when comes to decent sealed resin.  :hope:

Thanks man. Taking pictures outdoors is so much easier than setting up my crappy light box, which I have since disposed of! :giggle:

View PostCraig, on 04 December 2020 - 07:49 AM, said:

Nice pictures and a good review of it. :occasion14:

It's a nice looking model, I got one right away when it was available on pre-order. I have their S205 in Pearl White already so it will go well with that model. I don't have their S204, but had the AUTOart one a while ago. I have an absolute ton of other Impreza models, so you could say that I'm a bit of a fan too.

:rolleyes:  You mean the R205 hatchback?

Speaking of the S204, I was torn between paying a hefty premium for an AUTOart diecast or just a third of that price for an OttO S204. I guess my experience with this S206 has helped me decide...

View PostaBelga_v2, on 04 December 2020 - 07:59 AM, said:

I always like the idea of buying directly from the manufacturer. At only e60, it was a no brainer for me seeing I don't have a GR/GV in my collection, even though shipping was half the model price to Singapore. :bawling:

View PostAlex SZ1996, on 04 December 2020 - 03:44 PM, said:

it looks like a nice model overall. i would buy it if it wasnt an sealed model.

I was like you many moons back and shook my head everytime I saw my desired vehicle getting made in resin.

New commitments in life plus the hassle of having to clean up my diecast models regularly to get rid of the mold have changed my perception. Plus, I realized that I no longer spend as much time 'playing' with the features as nowadays I only look at my collection from a distance.

#11 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 12191 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 04 December 2020 - 09:04 PM

Very nice vivid outdoors images!! Congrats on adding this model! :eusa_clap:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#12 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • 32582 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 01:06 PM

Yeow - yeah Sorry, R205.

F**k you Photobucket.

#13 OFFLINE   Yeow Yi Fan

Yeow Yi Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 03:13 AM

View PostD N, on 04 December 2020 - 09:04 PM, said:

Very nice vivid outdoors images!! Congrats on adding this model! :eusa_clap:

Thanks! Outdoors photography is so much easier.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.