Need recommendation: What brand of paint to use for thinner, primer to use for beginner airbrush? - Paint, Decals and Surface Work - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums - Page 2

Need recommendation: What brand of paint to use for thinner, primer to use for beginner airbrush?

27 replies to this topic

#26 ONLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 9533 posts
  • Number of Models:around 100
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Super A, LCD, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of:†ca

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:33 PM

View Postblieu118, on 18 January 2021 - 03:35 PM, said:

I just bought a $60 airbrush & kit which came with everything such as a compressor, cleaning. I have read some said dont buy cheap airbrush as it may not give good result. Personally, I just donít want to invest too much since I am a beginner in airbrushing. Do I really need to spend a good amount to get a good airbrush? Eventually, I might upgrade but for now I am only planning to paint the interior and engine components.

Most say you're okay with a cheap one and I tend to agree. Most important thing is taking it apart and cleaning it after every colour for best results. That was the most expensive lesson for me.
I mod stuff

Instagram: @stratoswrc_jdm

Wes

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4663 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:†us

Posted 18 January 2021 - 09:04 PM

View PostStratosWRC, on 18 January 2021 - 08:33 PM, said:

View Postblieu118, on 18 January 2021 - 03:35 PM, said:

I just bought a $60 airbrush & kit which came with everything such as a compressor, cleaning. I have read some said dont buy cheap airbrush as it may not give good result. Personally, I just donít want to invest too much since I am a beginner in airbrushing. Do I really need to spend a good amount to get a good airbrush? Eventually, I might upgrade but for now I am only planning to paint the interior and engine components.

Most say you're okay with a cheap one and I tend to agree. Most important thing is taking it apart and cleaning it after every colour for best results. That was the most expensive lesson for me.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind. Sorry for asking too much questions. Just needed the clarifications. Time to take some actions to see the results.

Many thanks to all for the feedbacks!! Appreciate  all the help!

Edited by blieu118, 18 January 2021 - 09:04 PM.

#28 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4663 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:†us

Posted 20 January 2021 - 11:42 AM

What do you guys use to test your new paint on? A lot of people use spoons but I think thats only to see how the colors look like. Some suggested using the same spruce that you removed the kit parts from which I think makes sense since they are from the same type of plastic so you know if the paint would cause a reaction.

Edited by blieu118, 20 January 2021 - 11:48 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.