slightly custom Bburago Lamborghini Aventador - DX Custom Model Tuner Shop - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

slightly custom Bburago Lamborghini Aventador

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CentenarioAndVeneno

CentenarioAndVeneno

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Model Cars, Fantasy Football
  • Number of Models:5 built, 12 modified, 4 bought
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, AUTOart,
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:16 PM

Well Darren (DrivingHerMad) has suggested that in order to improve my modeling skills that I start threads here of my projects. So here is a list of simple mods I want to do to the model.

-Add black flocking to simulate carpet
-Create a custom rear wing
-Do wheel swap of custom BBS wheels

I am not repainting the whole model as I like the orange color of the model. I'll provide pictures below of my current progress so far. I have made the custom rear wing from a piece of a rear wing from a model kit, two pieces of styrene that I glued to the bottom of the rear wing piece than cut some plastic parts from a bag of leftovers parts from models disassembled from the past and made those the legs and glued them to styrene pieces under the rear wing piece. The piece does stay on top of the model but the balance isn't quite proper.  The legs on the rear wing do not look realistic but I am still a novice modifier.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   BaseGTR

BaseGTR

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1682 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ignition model, some GTS/Otto.
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:04 AM

Have you heard of tkdiecast.com ? Maybe you can buy some wheels and parts from their to fit to your models.

Base
@basegtr

#3 OFFLINE   CentenarioAndVeneno

CentenarioAndVeneno

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:46 AM

View PostBaseGTR, on 11 January 2021 - 02:04 AM, said:

Have you heard of tkdiecast.com ? Maybe you can buy some wheels and parts from their to fit to your models.
Yes I have heard of tkdiecast but have never bought from them before

#4 ONLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 9348 posts
  • Number of Models:not sure anymore
  • Favorite Brands:whoever makes opening JDMs
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:56 AM

Those styrene pieces are way too big and not sure why you need those big bulky wing supports. Styrene is super easy to cut. Trace the line with a knife and simply snap it off. You can't just slap one randomly shaped piece on top of another like that. Nor is it necessary. If you wanted to make a specific wing, google a picture and try making it out of styrene. Cut the right shape and then you can use a file to finesse the shape. This is terrible, throw it away and try again. Take your time, one piece at a time
I mod stuff

Wes

#5 OFFLINE   CentenarioAndVeneno

CentenarioAndVeneno

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:56 PM

View PostStratosWRC, on 11 January 2021 - 11:56 AM, said:

Those styrene pieces are way too big and not sure why you need those big bulky wing supports. Styrene is super easy to cut. Trace the line with a knife and simply snap it off. You can't just slap one randomly shaped piece on top of another like that. Nor is it necessary. If you wanted to make a specific wing, google a picture and try making it out of styrene. Cut the right shape and then you can use a file to finesse the shape. This is terrible, throw it away and try again. Take your time, one piece at a time
Does the thickness of the styrene matter? I have three different thicknesses of styrene. And I shall make a new rear wing, I am terrible when it comes to scaling though.

#6 ONLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 9348 posts
  • Number of Models:not sure anymore
  • Favorite Brands:whoever makes opening JDMs
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:22 PM

View PostCentenarioAndVeneno, on 11 January 2021 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostStratosWRC, on 11 January 2021 - 11:56 AM, said:

Does the thickness of the styrene matter? I have three different thicknesses of styrene. And I shall make a new rear wing, I am terrible when it comes to scaling though.

For the wing blade itself probably thicker, but again you need to find a pic of the wing you're trying to make. For supports and end plates - thinner styrene. And if you're terrible, scrap it and try again until you get it right
I mod stuff

Wes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.