Bentley Continental SC by Minichamps - Bentley - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Bentley Continental SC by Minichamps

3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mike K

Mike K

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 5575 posts
  • Number of Models:120+
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, older Autoart and UT, Cult, Tecnomodel
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:13 PM

First photoshoot that I've done in a few months, and in a new spot.  With one of my most recent acquisitions, this Minichamps resin 1999 Bentley Continental Sedanca Coupé.

These 1990s Continentals have always been my favorite Bentleys, I've wanted one in my collection forever.  The SC is the most upgraded of the 1:1s, it took the shorter wheelbase, new wheel arches, and other upgrades of the T, and then added a removable roof.  Obviously the removable roof and the other opening parts are missed on this, and if they had made it in opening diecast then I would've added it a lot sooner, but I'm still very satisfied with this model.  These bigger two-door Bentleys (this Continental and the Azure, and then the Brooklands) almost have to be seen in person to be believed, they're huge, and especially the interior is unbelievably roomy and comfy for a coupe.  Minichamps really got that right, the proportions, that was my first impression when opening the model.  And the color combo is perfect, the tan interior and the deep dark blue exterior, it goes perfectly with my lighter blue GT Spirit Turbo R.  It's such a bold and classy looking car, the newer Bentleys can't even come close.  These 1990s British cars will continue to be a theme in my collection, I'm very happy to have finally added this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The group shots were inspired by when I took these pictures of my 1:1 Jaguar with a Brooklands at a Cars & Coffee a few years ago.  You can see how big the Brooklands is for a two-door.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2722 posts
  • Interests:keeping it stock...
  • Number of Models:300++
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:42 PM

What a magnificient and majestic looking Bentley. :drool5:  I quite like the styling and would actually prefer this one over the newer Continentals. It is great to see you pair this up with the Turbo R. What's your impression on the Turbo R? I bought the same light blue one when they came out for fear of missing out. Absolutely loving it, a very well made piece by GTS me think.

#3 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32531 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 22 February 2021 - 05:26 AM

What a stunner!!! They were a big car even when they came out! Minichamps look to have done a great job on it! :yahoo:

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#4 OFFLINE   Alex SZ1996

Alex SZ1996

• DX Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 6726 posts
  • Interests:Cars
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: dk

Posted 22 February 2021 - 03:04 PM

this is my favorite Bentley. i prefer this styling over their new stuff.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.