Top Marques - 1:12 - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta "POPPED WINDOWS" - Miscellaneous Disasters - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Top Marques - 1:12 - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta "POPPED WINDOWS"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Korioto

Korioto

• DX Community
  • 3 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Spark
  • Proud Citizen of: de

Posted 04 May 2021 - 03:51 AM

Hi,
New member here, big fan of F1 memorabilia and spark diecast 1:18 models. For a while now I´ve been wanting to get my first 1:12 model and finally decided on a Top Marques Ferrari Berlinetta. It arrived today and although the quality seems pretty good, I was very disappointed to see that the side windows (pilot and co-pilot) are a little popped out.

Is this normal in 1:12 models?

Cheers
Attached File  WhatsApp Image 2021-05-04 at 10.57.28 (2).jpeg   145.38K   0 downloads

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32966 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 04 May 2021 - 05:07 AM

It is (or was) quite common on some makes of resin models. They just don't use a strong enough glue, so you either have the model arrive like that, or the glue fails over time and the model ends up like that.
I find it really annoying because, unless you remove and re glue the window you can't fix it easily.

If it bugs you maybe see about sending it back for a replacement., but see if the seller (if it's a webstore) can check it over first.

I remember years ago getting a 1/18 Ferrari from MR Collection & every window was warped. I returned it, got a replacement and that had the same going on. but not as bad.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#3 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 9533 posts
  • Number of Models:around 100
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Super A, LCD, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 04 May 2021 - 05:25 AM

Just pop the window off and use a non-fogging glue that cures clear, just tiny tiny drops along the edge, something like Microscale Kristal Klear
I mod stuff

Instagram: @stratoswrc_jdm

Wes

#4 OFFLINE   Korioto

Korioto

• DX Community
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 07:43 AM

View PostCraig, on 04 May 2021 - 05:07 AM, said:

It is (or was) quite common on some makes of resin models. They just don't use a strong enough glue, so you either have the model arrive like that, or the glue fails over time and the model ends up like that.
I find it really annoying because, unless you remove and re glue the window you can't fix it easily.

If it bugs you maybe see about sending it back for a replacement., but see if the seller (if it's a webstore) can check it over first.

I remember years ago getting a 1/18 Ferrari from MR Collection & every window was warped. I returned it, got a replacement and that had the same going on. but not as bad.

Thanks a lot!

#5 OFFLINE   Korioto

Korioto

• DX Community
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 08:45 AM

Thank you all for your replies and recomendations....

#6 OFFLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 13195 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Peako,Frontiart,Amalgam
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 04 May 2021 - 12:46 PM

View PostStratosWRC, on 04 May 2021 - 05:25 AM, said:

Just pop the window off and use a non-fogging glue that cures clear, just tiny tiny drops along the edge, something like Microscale Kristal Klear
Exactly as i have fixed many of my Resin 1/12 models windows. :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :agreed:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.