McLaren Speedtail (TSM) TrueScale Miniatures - TrueScale Miniatures (TSM Model) - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

McLaren Speedtail (TSM) TrueScale Miniatures

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   looney

looney

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1568 posts
  • Favorite Brands:UT
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 29 May 2021 - 06:02 PM

Hey Guys, CK had this model on special for 99 Euros so I thought I'd purchase it so as to paint it white to add to my white McLaren collection. I have not seen any reviews or information on it so thought Id share it with you all.Here is the box it comes in:Posted ImageIt is very weighty and feels great quality:Posted Image
photo upload website
This is my first display case model, and Im very impressed with it. it's a very nice display piece for the price and would look at home in any nicely fitted out office/study:Posted ImageThe display case came apart easy enough, with 4 bugle head screws and spacers:Posted Image

Edited by looney, 29 May 2021 - 06:10 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   looney

looney

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1568 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 06:14 PM

<p>It is overall good quality for the price,there are some minor imperfections on the model, such as marks inside the glass, the wheel covers being misaligned  and the front wheels being fixed in position, but ill sort that out when i paint it white.here are some more detailed pics for you to see:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageIt is such a large model it barely fits in my Bertby:Posted Image

Edited by looney, 29 May 2021 - 06:19 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   Hybrid Theory

Hybrid Theory

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 433 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps, Hotwheels, Kyosho, Welly and Norev
  • Proud Citizen of: uk

Posted 30 May 2021 - 03:37 AM

I have this model too, it’s super heavy especially with the thick display case.

The carbon decal is nice on this model too, didn’t realise how large it is tho, is it true to scale.

#4 OFFLINE   Cristi

Cristi

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1598 posts
  • Interests:books and rock music \m/
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Kyosho, CMC, GTSpirit, BBR
  • Proud Citizen of: ro

Posted 30 May 2021 - 11:29 PM

Seems to be a nice model and definitely a worthy addition for 99 euros. I'm starting to regret that I didn't pull the trigger on CK offer. Pity that TSM did not replicate the sun strip.

#5 OFFLINE   looney

looney

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1568 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 12:15 AM

yes at the price i'd highly recommend it. at 150 or 200 euro's possibly not.

#6 OFFLINE   Magnus

Magnus

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 291 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart

Posted 04 June 2021 - 05:30 AM

Looks pretty good, and it reads like you got a good deal for it, too.

I wasn't sure what to make of the Speedtail in terms of its design, but it's growing on me.

#7 OFFLINE   looney

looney

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1568 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 01:03 PM

I was the same when it came out. I thought it was a little odd and the proportions took some getting used to.

But with time has come some great appreciation to my sensibilities.

In a world where most things come out looking like a F&F prop car with too much design and detail, with wings and tacky pointy bits (Lambo SV or STO, 765LT, Senna, as examples) this thing now strikes me as one of the most beautiful cars of recent times.

#8 OFFLINE   winstoncds

winstoncds

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4404 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of: in

Posted 04 June 2021 - 08:57 PM

The Speedtail has grown on me like nothing else in recent times. I like its purity in form with none of the aero frills all super and hypercars have nowadays. Somewhere a mix between the Jaguar XJ220 and McLaren F1 in profile. The model looks good too.
I know Kung-fu
and 50 other such dangerous words.

#9 OFFLINE   Magnus

Magnus

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 291 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart

Posted 05 June 2021 - 04:51 AM

View Postlooney, on 04 June 2021 - 01:03 PM, said:

I was the same when it came out. I thought it was a little odd and the proportions took some getting used to.

But with time has come some great appreciation to my sensibilities.

In a world where most things come out looking like a F&F prop car with too much design and detail, with wings and tacky pointy bits (Lambo SV or STO, 765LT, Senna, as examples) this thing now strikes me as one of the most beautiful cars of recent times.

View Postwinstoncds, on 04 June 2021 - 08:57 PM, said:

The Speedtail has grown on me like nothing else in recent times. I like its purity in form with none of the aero frills all super and hypercars have nowadays. Somewhere a mix between the Jaguar XJ220 and McLaren F1 in profile. The model looks good too.

I think that's it - the proportions were 'challenging' at first, because the Speedtail has a long rear overhang and a broad 'rear deck' behind the black engine cover. I've found that both the Senna and the Speedtail are cars that don't look good right away, but they grew on me.

Both of you made good points about the Speedtail's 'purity' of design, because so many performance cars these days have aerodynamic features integrated into the bodies or seemingly tacked on to them. The Speedtail's simpler design is quite a contrast.

#10 OFFLINE   StickShift

StickShift

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 506 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of: in

Posted 11 June 2021 - 02:32 AM

This model really did'nt send the scale model sales chart on fire, but eventually will be lapped up by collectors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.