#26 OFFLINE   winstoncds

winstoncds

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4151 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Ebbro IXO
  • Proud Citizen of: in

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:37 PM

Gary, if you are going to take the refund, do send an email to CMC and let them know that you are returning the model back to the dealer. Tell them that they have lost your goodwill and trust which you had for them. A company can afford to lose money, but loss of goodwill is a no-no.
Edit: Also tell CMC that there are a lot of guys at DX who have been disappointed by their new lack of customer support since they had heard and seen the better service from them in the past.

Edited by winstoncds, 20 October 2005 - 01:40 PM.

I know Kung-fu
and 50 other such dangerous words.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   Xenomorph

Xenomorph

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 187 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Whichever tickles my fancy when I get the diecast impulse
  • Proud Citizen of: ro

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:17 PM

Hey, Gary, sorry to hear about your trouble, but I might be able to help you. I'm not promissing anything, but I'll call a friend of mine tommorow who has a crashed CMC SLR and see if I can find/get the part for you. The thing is that his SLR took a fall from his apartment window at the 4th floor and crashed roof-down on solid concrete (don't ask...   :pullhair ) and I don't know how many parts broke off the car or if the one you're missing is still in place. Still, at first glance, the darn thing looked in pretty good shape for such a disaster. So, could you, please, post a pic (if you can find one) with that part so I'll know exactly what to look for?

:cheers

Edited by Xenomorph, 20 October 2005 - 02:19 PM.

"I cannot give you a brain, but I can give you a diploma" - The Wizard of Oz

#28 OFFLINE   mosteller

mosteller

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1514 posts
  • Interests:Primarily post -WWII and pre-1980 sports cars and road racing cars.
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:39 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your problem and would have thought that CMC would have much better CS! For what its worth, I have 6 CMC's and they all came with all their parts.

A couple months ago, I posted a thread here of how impressed I was with GMP's CS; I needed a couple repair parts and they went to their "junkyard", got the parts and mailed them to me absolutely free. And these were parts that they were in no way responsible for needing replacement! :nicejob  :nicejob

These companies (e.g., Exoto and now CMC) need to be reminded that it costs them a lot of money to attract a customer, but only pennies to loose one! :confused
Bob
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and ambition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.