For those who buy from Exoto.. - Exoto - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums - Page 2

For those who buy from Exoto..

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   JSB 33

JSB 33

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • Interests:Family, Cars (1:1 & 1:43) Automotive books, Guns, yard work and gardening
  • Favorite Brands:M/C, Spark, Bizarre
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:06 AM

guitardave_1, on Jan 14 2006, 02:45 AM, said:

Latest news on my pre-order is that they have been in email contact explaining that one of the problems with my card was their mistake. I am now waiting to hear on the other point. I will bear with them for now as I cannot currently find the model elsewhere.

However, I have taken in all of your warnings, so I wholly blame myself if I end up in Jeff's situation! I don't wish to appear to be ignoring advice. If the card situation cannot be resolved quickly and easily I will seriously consider cancelling the order.

However, I want the model so much as the flagship of my collection, and although head says cancel order, heart is wanting me to keep trying!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I fully understand where you are coming from.
Hey, I have bought probably over 20-25 cars direct from Exoto. its not like they were all bad deals :giggle
Just 2 bad ones and they fixed the first one.
Just monitor the situation and with luck, everything will be OK....maybe :giggle
Jeff

Like things in a smaller scale? Try Scale143

Click on my banner to see my website

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   LUW

LUW

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 7424 posts
  • Favorite Brands:None right now
  • Proud Citizen of: br

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:17 AM

Dave, every single one of us here has passed through something similiar. When logic tells you to run, passion tells you to stay, pay and see :pullhair. I don't think if the worse comes to happen you will loose any money, since you're dealing with cc. As I stated, VISA and Minichamps (if not all other cc companies) give you 60 days to dispute a charge, specially if it's overseas. If the order works out, your card gets billed and in 60 days you don't get the product, you have a very good chance of getting your money back.

The ony way for this not working is if Exoto does ship the car, but frankly, the way things are headed, I honestly don't know if the model actually exists. Two months is a long time to solve shipping problems from Dubai to the US. In that time frame a cargo ship could have came to the US and went back to Dubai with time to spare. So it's very hard to believe that they charged everybody when they recieved news that the models were in route to the US.
Luciano

#28 Guest_robluvcars_*

Guest_robluvcars_*

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:16 PM

in my opinion, get your money back and run! As others have stated re a similar situation with Exotocar, (after ordering a dozen or so cars from Exotocar a few years ago) they suddenly started charging my cc, but no models were arriving; after several calls and the run around each time, I cancelled any remaing orders, and have not bought from them since....all businesses feel it, when the customers go some where else...

#29 Guest_Getter 3_*

Guest_Getter 3_*

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:48 PM

Oh no...  now we're complaing about Exoto too?

What bunch of baddies we are.  We're suppose to shut up and take it in the rear because these are super companies and they deserve our loyalty no matter what.

Give me sealed cars, broken promises, low quality.  I don't care!  

BUY BUY BUY!

Yes, I'm enjoying this.

#30 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10816 posts
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 14 January 2006 - 05:12 PM

Getter 3, on Jan 14 2006, 10:48 PM, said:

Oh no...  now we're complaing about Exoto too?

What bunch of baddies we are.  We're suppose to shut up and take it in the rear because these are super companies and they deserve our loyalty no matter what.

Give me sealed cars, broken promises, low quality.  I don't care! 

BUY BUY BUY!

Yes, I'm enjoying this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol  :lol  :lol

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)

#31 Guest_Getter 3_*

Guest_Getter 3_*

Posted 14 January 2006 - 05:21 PM

I'm shooting for the "Most Hated Mod" title, Al.  

How I'm doing?

#32 Guest_Trek_*

Guest_Trek_*

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:05 PM

Straight up fraud. No one would ever let anyone else get away with this crap, and I wonder why exoto does it to hundreds (possibly thousands) of people multiple times a year and faces no retribution. I gave up on them long ago- got my 934 and 935 and they will not see another dime from me unless they seriously turn their #### around !!

#33 OFFLINE   Delta_Farce

Delta_Farce

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1350 posts
  • Interests:Four wheel driving
    Formula 1
    Arsenal
    St Kilda
  • Favorite Brands:Don't care who made it, as long as I'm not getting ripped
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:50 AM

Jeff, this reads like a horror story mate. Have you had any update on the situation?

I seem to be in a different situation to some here on DX. My first Exoto cost way more than the website (from a store) but the second was much cheaper (from eBay). From the sounds of things though I won't bother with their website in the future...

Mark

Posted Image

Mark

#34 OFFLINE   JSB 33

JSB 33

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • Interests:Family, Cars (1:1 & 1:43) Automotive books, Guns, yard work and gardening
  • Favorite Brands:M/C, Spark, Bizarre

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:39 AM

I do have to say that I have had good luck buying in-stock items from the website.
Its just the pre orderinng of a car that is not made yet that gives me fits.
Yes, its great to get the savings by getting the cheaper pice but to have them take my money and hold it for 2-3 months is not worth it.
Jeff

Like things in a smaller scale? Try Scale143

Click on my banner to see my website

Posted Image

#35 Guest_stevie_*

Guest_stevie_*

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:10 AM

Getter 3, on Jan 14 2006, 11:21 PM, said:

I'm shooting for the "Most Hated Mod" title, Al. 

How I'm doing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol  :lol
i think you are doing pretty well Souky :lol

#36 OFFLINE   guitardave_1

guitardave_1

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3301 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Photography, Railway Modelling, Music
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Minichamps, IXO
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:20 PM

Latest update is that Exoto have been perfectly good in responding to my queries. Although this in no way means that the situation will be so good when it comes to actually shipping the car and charging me, I cannot actually complain at the service I have received so far.

Maybe they are beginning to take note :hope

P.S. I don't know how your case is going Jeff but exoto site now says that delays on the '67 GT40 are resolved and it is shipping soon, again! I'm still naive enough to believe them, but guess we'll have to wait and see

Edited by guitardave_1, 16 January 2006 - 01:47 PM.

Click my banner to visit my diecast site
My Race Car Photos Website
My (Other) Photography Website
Posted Image

#37 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:48 PM

If you gents don't mind, please keep the DX Community updated on the outcome of your dealing with Exoto.

#38 OFFLINE   guitardave_1

guitardave_1

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3301 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Photography, Railway Modelling, Music
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Minichamps, IXO
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:10 AM

I certainly will Darrick. Because if the GT40 arrives you won't stop me posting about it!, and likewise if Exoto screw up. So watch this space.

#39 Guest_rholdred_*

Guest_rholdred_*

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:04 PM

cancelled

Edited by rholdred, 29 September 2010 - 09:51 AM.

#40 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6036 posts
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

View Postrholdred, on 28 September 2010 - 05:04 PM, said:

Exoto has really screwed me.  They charge my CC for $698.95 four years ago for a 1:10 scale Mk IV ford saying it would be shipped in two weeks.  I've been calling them ever since and finally cancelled my order in June of 2010.  I have called them weekly or more often since June and still have not seen my refund check.  NEVER deal with this conpany if you value your money.

Wow! You've managed to dig up an old thread here! As for the "we'll send you a check in the mail" story, don't fall for it! They tried to get me with that one. Call your credit card company AND file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau online immediately - that's the only way to get this resolved. It may take a few weeks for your credit card company and the BBB to investigate, but you will see results! Good luck with this! Posted Image

Oh, and for a more current thread regarding Exoto concerns, follow this link.

Edited by Biblitect, 28 September 2010 - 07:09 PM.

#41 OFFLINE   bigprop

bigprop

• DX Community
  • 48 posts
  • Favorite Brands:xx

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:13 AM

Lately, Exoto has been sending me emails (I am on their mailing list) every couple of days loaded with "specials". They seem to be very desperate to move model cars because some of these are going for very low prices. I used to buy from them but found that their shipping charges to Australia were rather expensive compared to other dealers. I never really had any problems with buying from them, but then again, I was purchasing cars that were in stock & not pre-orders.

#42 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 14574 posts
  • Interests:Family. LFC. F1. WEC. Model Cars. Movies. The Grand Tour. Top Gear
  • Favorite Brands:Gulf & Martini Porsche's.
  • Proud Citizen of: uk

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

View Postbigprop, on 04 June 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

Lately, Exoto has been sending me emails (I am on their mailing list) every couple of days loaded with "specials". They seem to be very desperate to move model cars because some of these are going for very low prices. I used to buy from them but found that their shipping charges to Australia were rather expensive compared to other dealers. I never really had any problems with buying from them, but then again, I was purchasing cars that were in stock & not pre-orders.

I recently bought a 1/18 Exoto Ford GT40 MK IV from them,  couldn't agree more with you about their shipping costs... i think extortionate would be a better way of describing their shipping costs.

I know they do an excellent job with their packing, but to charge $68.00, from the US to the UK it taking the piss, and on top of that i had to pay $30.00 import tax.

The model cost $148.

I even had to call them at one point to find out if it had been posted or not ( not a single reply to my 3 emails )

Never pre-ordered from them before, but would be a little wary, as i am about pre-ordering from most seller's   :twocents:

What was it you ordered mate?

:occasion14:

Dave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#43 OFFLINE   bigprop

bigprop

• DX Community
  • 48 posts
  • Favorite Brands:xx

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:06 AM

View Postbigdave7872, on 04 June 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

I recently bought a 1/18 Exoto Ford GT40 MK IV from them,  couldn't agree more with you about their shipping costs... i think extortionate would be a better way of describing their shipping costs.

I know they do an excellent job with their packing, but to charge $68.00, from the US to the UK it taking the piss, and on top of that i had to pay $30.00 import tax.

The model cost $148.

I even had to call them at one point to find out if it had been posted or not ( not a single reply to my 3 emails )

Never pre-ordered from them before, but would be a little wary, as i am about pre-ordering from most seller's   :twocents:

Dave.

Hi Dave, I got the #4 GT40 Mk1V (the dark blue one), the Momo 934 Porsche, the Lubrifilm 934 Porsche , the #24 R89 Nissan leMans car, the #2 XJR-9 Jag (Silk Cut) & #60 XJR-9 Jag (Castrol). The rest of my Exoto collection (approx 30) I bought from GoMotorBids, which has now folded, & other dealers. The thing that really annoyed the crap out of me regarding Exoto was that they did not do combined shipping for more than one model car. One car was USD55.00, two cars USD110.00 etc. I emailed them regarding this but no reply. Therefore, I no longer purchase anything from them. Hope someone from Exoto reads this. Maybe they could get me back as a customer if they addressed this very glaring problem!!!!!!

#44 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 14574 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:12 AM

View Postbigprop, on 04 June 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

View Postbigdave7872, on 04 June 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

The model cost $148.

Dave.

Hi Dave, I got the #4 GT40 Mk1V (the dark blue one), the Momo 934 Porsche, the Lubrifilm 934 Porsche , the #24 R89 Nissan leMans car, the #2 XJR-9 Jag (Silk Cut) & #60 XJR-9 Jag (Castrol). The rest of my Exoto collection (approx 30) I bought from GoMotorBids, which has now folded, & other dealers. The thing that really annoyed the crap out of me regarding Exoto was that they did not do combined shipping for more than one model car. One car was USD55.00, two cars USD110.00 etc. I emailed them regarding this but no reply. Therefore, I no longer purchase anything from them. Hope someone from Exoto reads this. Maybe they could get me back as a customer if they addressed this very glaring problem!!!!!!

Here's hoping someone from Exoto pulls their finger from their arse and does something about their shipping, and not combining costs is a total joke IMO.

Acine..from on here gave me this link for a seller on Ebay, they sell lots of Exoto's and shipping is very good.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=&_trksid=p3686

Ferdinand Porsche.

#45 OFFLINE   tonyg54

tonyg54

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5910 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, Minichamps

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:39 AM

The link Dave is for scuderiaone. That is exoto, they operate that store front out of uae so they can sell Ferraris since they can not do that legally in the US due to not having a license from Ferrari to be able to do that.

As for shipping,if they lowered prices then I would bet that those $148 models would suspiciously start costing $168. Then you would be hit with even higher import fees on top of that.

#46 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 14574 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

I didn't know that, thanks for the info Tony, i will keep an eye on this store though, the shipping is quite reasonable to the UK.

I just get a little irate about shipping costs to the UK, and then the import tax on top gets on my nerves.

Can only blame our customs for that i suppose.

How come they don't have the correct license then?   :icon_scratch:

Ferdinand Porsche.

#47 OFFLINE   tonyg54

tonyg54

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5910 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, Minichamps

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

Because they don't want to pay for the license. Rumor has it they have said before that they should be free to make whatever they want without having to license. I believe they lost a major suit from Chapparal for not paying for their license. Recently, Ferrari sued them, and won, against that infringement and that is why those of us in the U.S. can't buy Ferrari models on the Exoto website anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.