• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 7424 posts
  • Favorite Brands:None right now
  • Proud Citizen of: br

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:14 AM

A few minutes ago I got a response from them:

Dear Mr. Werner,

We are sorry that you have has a problem with one of our models.

You will need to return the model to the Dealer you purchased it from, and they will issue you a replacement. Our Dealers are required to support their customers and handle this type of problem. If you have any difficulties, please feel free to contact me.

This problem was caused by CMC's quest for realism. CMC chose the thickness of the plastic used for the windscreen because it looked the most real in that scale. Sometimes perfection is difficult to attain. CMC has since changed the plastic and the thickness to ensure durability and longevity. Your replacement model should have the updated windscreen so you should have no problems.

Sincerely,

Dan McKane
Sales Manager - CMC (USA) team

CMC - Classical Model Cars (USA)
1225 Jefferson Road, Suite 14
Rochester, NY 14623
Office: (585) 292-7280
Fax: (585) 292-7285
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.cmc-modelcars.com/us
I'm happy to hear that I could get a new one, but unfortunately for me it's out of the question; only on S&H to and from Kevin I would spend US$ 60,00 easy, and that's if I don't get hit by Customs :help.

Though despite them not being able to resolve my problem, I'm happy to know that they're aware of the issue and already took measures so that it won't happen again. And it's specially nice to see the courtesy the they treat their customers, a true benchmark for this hobby. :cheers
Luciano

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   Ronan

Ronan

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3381 posts
  • Interests:Cars, cars and more cars! (And Diecastxchange too of course!)
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:46 AM

LUW, on Jun 28 2007, 05:14 PM, said:

A few minutes ago I got a response from them:

Dear Mr. Werner,

We are sorry that you have has a problem with one of our models.

You will need to return the model to the Dealer you purchased it from, and they will issue you a replacement. Our Dealers are required to support their customers and handle this type of problem. If you have any difficulties, please feel free to contact me.

This problem was caused by CMC's quest for realism. CMC chose the thickness of the plastic used for the windscreen because it looked the most real in that scale. Sometimes perfection is difficult to attain. CMC has since changed the plastic and the thickness to ensure durability and longevity. Your replacement model should have the updated windscreen so you should have no problems.

Sincerely,

Dan McKane
Sales Manager - CMC (USA) team

CMC - Classical Model Cars (USA)
1225 Jefferson Road, Suite 14
Rochester, NY 14623
Office: (585) 292-7280
Fax: (585) 292-7285
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.cmc-modelcars.com/us
I'm happy to hear that I could get a new one, but unfortunately for me it's out of the question; only on S&H to and from Kevin I would spend US$ 60,00 easy, and that's if I don't get hit by Customs :help.

Though despite them not being able to resolve my problem, I'm happy to know that they're aware of the issue and already took measures so that it won't happen again. And it's specially nice to see the courtesy the they treat their customers, a true benchmark for this hobby. :cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is interesting that they are replacing all of the faulty ones, that must run to a large amount of them. A shame in a way to think that all the returned ones will probably be destroyed.

Also you would probably have to remove your fine Fangio markings from the car before returning it otherwise it would not be in "original" condition! :lol

#28 OFFLINE   LUW

LUW

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 7424 posts
  • Favorite Brands:None right now
  • Proud Citizen of: br

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:09 PM

I thought about that. :lol
Even though I have more decals to do one more car, the shipping costs make it impossible for me.
Luciano

#29 OFFLINE   vegasracer

vegasracer

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 1766 posts
  • Interests:Sharp, shiny things...
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, CMC, Exoto, TSM
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:17 AM

I called the dealer I purchased mine from (they're in Vermont). They agreed to take mine back and replace it, but said it might be as long as Christmas until I got my replacement. Oh well... if it means getting a pristine windscreen, it looks like I don't have much of an option.  :smack

#30 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4910 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:26 AM

It's great so see a company back up their products and right their wrongs!

Looks like there's hope after all!!!

Sean

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#31 OFFLINE   guitardave_1

guitardave_1

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3301 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Photography, Railway Modelling, Music
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Minichamps, IXO
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:44 PM

Ducati-900SS, on Jun 29 2007, 06:26 PM, said:

It's great so see a company back up their products and right their wrongs!

Looks like there's hope after all!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:iagree Nobody should be happy with that flaw in a model of that price, but it really seems that CMC have a genuine wish to try and remedy the problem for their customers. It's hard to imagine that sort of response from every manufacturer.
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
My Race Car Photos Website
My (Other) Photography Website
Posted Image

#32 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:30 AM

Way to go CMC for stepping up on this :cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.