How accurate are the Highway61 1969 Camaros? - Highway 61 | Diecast Promotions - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

How accurate are the Highway61 1969 Camaros?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ronan

Ronan

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3381 posts
  • Interests:Cars, cars and more cars! (And Diecastxchange too of course!)
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:41 PM

When these models came out a couple of years ago I remember they came in for some criticism, and not being an expert on the fine details of the '69 Camaro I was wondering what exactly is off about them? :feedback

I've seen quite a few of them in ebay recently and I like the look of them, but I'm not sure if they are worth getting if their overall look is inaccurate. :cheers

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   LUW

LUW

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 7424 posts
  • Favorite Brands:None right now
  • Proud Citizen of: br

Posted 04 July 2007 - 02:44 PM

They don't run very good because they don't come with distributors.
Luciano

#3 OFFLINE   ricallen

ricallen

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4291 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:10 PM

LUW, on Jul 4 2007, 01:44 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anyone know if they have corrected this in their later releases?

:feedback
r i c

Click on my banner below to go to The Diecast Gallery!
Posted Image
Got questions? See the DX Guidelines and more here!

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is pretty much the same.

#4 OFFLINE   Ronan

Ronan

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3381 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:34 PM

LUW, on Jul 4 2007, 09:44 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol Well, that I could live with, but if the body shape is off then that would be a dealbreaker I think for me.

#5 OFFLINE   AutoAddict

AutoAddict

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 605 posts
  • Favorite Brands:GMP, Hwy61

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:51 PM

I've been wanting to add one, but I'm waiting for the LeMans Blue Yenko due around December-ish. The stance and body shape look good to me. Better than any Ertl offering at any rate.
Come on wallet, don't fail me now.

My collection thread

#6 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:19 PM

As I love my Camaros I passed on these models due to the blatant problems. If I recall correctly, the earlier versions were missing distributors and alternators, the valve covers looked like they were from a 1:24 model and the wiring was just jacked up.

Those earlier versions must have ran on windshield wiper fluid as it had wires from the windshield wiper fluid housing to the air cleaner and carbs :lol

I believe Al posted a picture of an auction from the latest batch and the tailights were mismatched - each side had different year tail lights.

I don't know if the later versions engine problems were fixed as I stopped looking at them a long time ago.

On a model with such a significant history, the engine is as equally important as the bodystyle and a blatant and gross error in either department can ruin the entire model. We all live with models that have errors and inaccuracies but these were a bit toomuch for me personally.

#7 Guest_EpicDiecast_*

Guest_EpicDiecast_*

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:13 PM

The first 3 had multiple problems mentioned above but the latest three all had alternators and wiring/plumbing looked correct.  The only flaw that they have are missing engine call-out decals for the hood but Highway 61 will send you some for free if you call or email them.

As for the body, to me the lines look spot on it was just a lot of little bad details that passed through QC on the first three.

Here's the hugger orange one:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Here's a link to some pics of the Silver Highway 61 Camaro

I have pictures of the Garnet Red one somewhere too.  They sold out so I don't have the pictures on the site any more.

Mike

#8 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4910 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:33 PM

That looks really nice, Mike!  Looks like Hwy61 stepped up their game on the later releases.

:cheers
Sean

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#9 OFFLINE   Ronan

Ronan

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3381 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:05 AM

DiecastX, on Jul 5 2007, 12:19 AM, said:

As I love my Camaros I passed on these models due to the blatant problems. If I recall correctly, the earlier versions were missing distributors and alternators, the valve covers looked like they were from a 1:24 model and the wiring was just jacked up.

Those earlier versions must have ran on windshield wiper fluid as it had wires from the windshield wiper fluid housing to the air cleaner and carbs :lol

I believe Al posted a picture of an auction from the latest batch and the tailights were mismatched - each side had different year tail lights.

I don't know if the later versions engine problems were fixed as I stopped looking at them a long time ago.

On a model with such a significant history, the engine is as equally important as the bodystyle and a blatant and gross error in either department can ruin the entire model. We all live with models that have errors and inaccuracies but these were a bit toomuch for me personally.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps it was an "alternative fuel" version of the Camaro? :giggle

I agree though that major errors in the engine bay do often ruin an otherwise good model. How clever AUTOart are to avoid the whole area on many of it's models! :lol

#10 OFFLINE   Ronan

Ronan

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3381 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:06 AM

EpicDiecast, on Jul 5 2007, 06:13 AM, said:

The first 3 had multiple problems mentioned above but the latest three all had alternators and wiring/plumbing looked correct.  The only flaw that they have are missing engine call-out decals for the hood but Highway 61 will send you some for free if you call or email them.

As for the body, to me the lines look spot on it was just a lot of little bad details that passed through QC on the first three.

Here's the hugger orange one:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Here's a link to some pics of the Silver Highway 61 Camaro

I have pictures of the Garnet Red one somewhere too.  They sold out so I don't have the pictures on the site any more.

Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds good to me Mike, therefore if I'm buying one I should make sure it is one of the later versions they released (and that orange one looks the business, it is my favourite colour on a muscle car!) :cheers

#11 OFFLINE   JSB 33

JSB 33

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • Interests:Family, Cars (1:1 & 1:43) Automotive books, Guns, yard work and gardening
  • Favorite Brands:M/C, Spark, Bizarre

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:59 AM

I don't collect Muscle car but if I did I would be all over the gold one that they made :happy
Jeff
"When politicians are arrogant enough to think they can plan and control life better than free people, people suffer."

Posted ImageE Rod_017, on 23 July 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

Reason why 1:43 scale cars aren't that popular because most people including me(sorry it I offend) consider them toys and not Collectable model cars. .

Should you collect 1:43?

The Paladin

In my opinion, no if you can afford 1:18 models. First of all, most people will think of them as toys, while 1:18 models can look as something classy if you have a few.

Like things in a smaller scale? Try Scale143
Click on my banner to see my website
Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10816 posts
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

I wish that HW61 would make a plane-Jane Camaro, not all cars were SS/RS/Z-28s.

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.