Hmmm... Should I be worried? - Exoto - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums - Page 2

Hmmm... Should I be worried?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   mosteller

mosteller

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1514 posts
  • Interests:Primarily post -WWII and pre-1980 sports cars and road racing cars.
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:55 PM

mosteller, on May 1 2008, 11:04 PM, said:

I paid for a model on April 14 which was before tyheir 50% sale and only yesterday did I get a notice that it was being shipped. :happy
:cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I finally received it yesterday (May 8th). Nearly 4 weeks from when I ordered and over 1 wk. since they said they shipped it. I don't think it really takes that long to ship from California to Illinois.
Bob
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and ambition.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   JJZ109er

JJZ109er

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2415 posts
  • Interests:1/18 diecast Ferrari Mustang Bugatti Audi BMW AM Porsche Ford GT40 Chaparral. History/World Affairs. Sci-Fi. Airshows, Auto Racing(IMSA, LM, ALMS, Indycar, F1)
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart-Maisto-Kyosho-Exoto-Mattel
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:57 PM

mosteller, on May 9 2008, 07:55 PM, said:

mosteller, on May 1 2008, 11:04 PM, said:

I paid for a model on April 14 which was before tyheir 50% sale and only yesterday did I get a notice that it was being shipped. :happy
:cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I finally received it yesterday (May 8th). Nearly 4 weeks from when I ordered and over 1 wk. since they said they shipped it. I don't think it really takes that long to ship from California to Illinois.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right, mosteller.  It shouldn't take that long.  It takes that long to ship from California to Toronto.  I swear it must take 2 weeks just to get through customs.
"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you." - BATMAN BEGINS

#28 OFFLINE   mattdesign

mattdesign

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Cars, designs, snow sports, and films
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart vs Kyosho

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:05 PM

mattdesign, on Apr 25 2008, 11:05 AM, said:

Pretty much the same thing happened to me yesterday. In my case, I think I closed the window myself without noting the conferemation number.

I called them right after I placed the order and the sales girl told me to call back the next day to make sure the order went through, as it takes 1 day for their computer to process. Seemed kinda long in my opinion, but oh well.

I called them today, after 24hrs, and yes, they had infact got the order, so everything is good so far.

Give them a call:

1-800-872-2088

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm going to start off here by clearly stating I'm here to rant.

So after nearly 3 month, I still don't have the model I paid for. Exoto sent it to a wrong address, and even 2 month after them finding out their first mistake in shipping, I still don't have it.

I'm pretty patient and ressonable when it comes to shopping, but I have never experienced such poor customer service. I've called, in total, about 6~7 times in the last 3 month, roughly every week, to see what the status of the order/shipping was. Even when I specifically asked the sales person, Shane, to call me back, he never does. He gives me different ship dates every time I call. Last ship date was July 7th. It's been 14 days. It does not take 14 days to ship from CA to KY. And with all the mistake, delay and general crap that I've gone through, he should have sent me the model OVER NIGHT.

I come back from work, still no model at the front door. I finally gave up tonight, and asked Shane to simply cancel the order, and refund the money. He says ok. No appology, nothing. And since he agreed to give me the refund so quickly, my guess is that they still have not sent the model out.

When you call Exoto, you get a few options. 1 for sales, and 2 for customer service. I've had no luck with Shane going through sales, so I tried customer service. Well guess what, Shane answers my call. Are they spread out that thin?

He's polite on the phone, but he is just not getting the job done.

50% off sales seemed like a good deal, but it turned out to be such a waste of my time. I've given them every opportunity to fix the problems over the last 3 month, but now I honestly think I have been taken advantage of.

What a joke.

Edited by mattdesign, 21 July 2008 - 05:06 PM.

Posted Image

#29 OFFLINE   Markus

Markus

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1235 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART!
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:15 PM

oh help, i ordered  something in the last 50% off sale and i live in the UK. It's my first exoto, and i have been waiting for the postman since the end of last week (ordered around 13th July)  I guess i should just forget about it and it will turn up whenever.
Posted Image

#30 Guest_Bugattitude_*

Guest_Bugattitude_*

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

Unbelievable! I've had a Ford GT Mk11 on my radar for a while now and though I avoid overseas purchases, I've been really tempted on this one.
Tickets now! They can hop to the warm place on crutches. :hellno
:smack
Just hope your order comes together, Marcus ! :hope:

#31 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 4272 posts
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)
  • Number of Models:1/10th: 2; 1/12th: 1; 1/18th: 176; 1/43rd: 5
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, GMP, Minichamps, Carousel 1, Auto Art

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

I've been an Exoto customer for several years (after MANY years drooling over each new catalog from them - I can't believe I threw them all out!), and as a computer consultant one of my major issues was their chintzy website (except for the beautiful photos and descriptions). Once I started buying from them, I never received a receipt online, leading to experiences similar to those in this thread, unsure if my orders had been processed. They almost never responded to e-mails sent via their website so I usually called within a day or so and confirmed their receipt of my orders that way. I usually found them very pleasant and helpful on the phone, but maybe I was lucky...

But my last several online orders have resulted in a separate window with the receipt opening automatically so I could print it, so apparently they have finally resolved that little issue. Now if they will only make available some more of the models they have promised for years...

BTW (off topic) - why would Exoto plan to offer the Lotus 78 instead of the World Championship-winning (and, in my eyes, far more beautiful) Lotus 79? I recognize that the 78 was the first wing car and won seven races from 1977-78, but the 79 was major advance on the 78 as a true wing car, won six races and the World Drivers and Manufacturers Championships in 1978 (and was much prettier!). Is it because Minichamps will be releasing a 1/18th 79 this summer?

Edited by Jersey_Devil, 21 July 2008 - 09:58 PM.

I just want someone whose baggage goes with mine [from "Rent"]...
- Red

My 1/18th collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...16/#entry557038

My 1/43rd collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...d-riverside-300

#32 OFFLINE   mattdesign

mattdesign

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 1604 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:37 AM

My recent experience was going to be my third model purchase directly from them. The first two was by phone, and this last one, through the website. Their website has some major issues, not being able to keep the window with the confirmation number up as well as being able to print the page for record.

On the phone, Exoto reps are "nice". But I'm not 100% on their competency, to be blunt here. I had to call 6-7 times in the last 3 month to get any status update on my order. It's a stock item, how hard is it really to ship what they already have? When I leave messages on their machines, I do not hear from them. This is extremely poor service, in my opinion. Even when there is nothing to update, they should call me to let me know there is no update. When I don't hear from them, what am I supposed to think? I get better service from $5 fast food register kids, than $100+ premium model manufacture. WTF.

I consider myself extremely patient. Heck, I gave them 3 month up to this point. I wanted to communicate my dissatisfaction to their "customer service" person, instead of their "sales" person, but guess what, it's the same guy. What good is that?

Things go wrong, that's just nature of life. But I judge service by how fast and willingly they fix the issues. Exoto simply failed me.

Posted Image

#33 OFFLINE   Markus

Markus

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1235 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART!
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:39 AM

Bugattitude, on Jul 22 2008, 12:26 AM, said:

Unbelievable! I've had a Ford GT Mk11 on my radar for a while now and though I avoid overseas purchases, I've been really tempted on this one.
Tickets now! They can hop to the warm place on crutches. :hellno
:smack
Just hope your order comes together, Marcus ! :hope:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, here's hoping it arrives before Christmas :zoom
Posted Image

#34 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:21 AM

Thx for letting us know Matt. Yeah, sounds like they are spread thin. Let me tell you, they have no friends among diecast retailers and I could relate countless similar stories from their dissatisfied customers. It sounds to me like they don't have your product or wouldn't honor the 50% off deal and chose to lie instead. I don't say that lightly, I've heard your story 100 times and it's always bullshit about lost packages, we sent it out but can't find the tracking, etc. Typical rookie retailer bullshit. I can't say enough good about the product and enough bad about the company - from the top down. :0
Justin

#35 OFFLINE   JJZ109er

JJZ109er

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2415 posts
  • Interests:1/18 diecast Ferrari Mustang Bugatti Audi BMW AM Porsche Ford GT40 Chaparral. History/World Affairs. Sci-Fi. Airshows, Auto Racing(IMSA, LM, ALMS, Indycar, F1)
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart-Maisto-Kyosho-Exoto-Mattel
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:00 PM

Diecast247, on Jul 22 2008, 01:21 PM, said:

Thx for letting us know Matt. Yeah, sounds like they are spread thin. Let me tell you, they have no friends among diecast retailers and I could relate countless similar stories from their dissatisfied customers. It sounds to me like they don't have your product or wouldn't honor the 50% off deal and chose to lie instead. I don't say that lightly, I've heard your story 100 times and it's always bullshit about lost packages, we sent it out but can't find the tracking, etc. Typical rookie retailer bullshit. I can't say enough good about the product and enough bad about the company - from the top down. :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've order directly from Exoto and thankfully I haven't had a problem. Although I did have to contact them regarding their latest catalogue I had ordered.  If you think you're getting bad service I also recommend you don't order from Exoticar either. I had a nightmare when ordering the Autoart Steve McQueen 1967 Bullitt Mustang from them.  I'm sure there are few here who are not keen on Exotica either.
"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you." - BATMAN BEGINS

#36 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6888 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:04 PM

JJZ109er, on Jul 22 2008, 11:00 AM, said:

Diecast247, on Jul 22 2008, 01:21 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've order directly from Exoto and thankfully I haven't had a problem. Although I did have to contact them regarding their latest catalogue I had ordered.  If you think you're getting bad service I also recommend you don't order from Exoticar either. I had a nightmare when ordering the Autoart Steve McQueen 1967 Bullitt Mustang from them.  I'm sure there are few here who are not keen on Exotica either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No one else even holds a candle! :mob
Justin

#37 OFFLINE   mattdesign

mattdesign

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 1604 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:47 PM

Diecast247, on Jul 22 2008, 11:21 AM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No kidding.

Exoto should stop selling their products directly to the collectors, and just let retailers handle it.

Posted Image

#38 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 4272 posts
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)
  • Number of Models:1/10th: 2; 1/12th: 1; 1/18th: 176; 1/43rd: 5
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, GMP, Minichamps, Carousel 1, Auto Art

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:36 PM

Just an update:

I took advantage of the 50% sale and ordered the 1966 Daytona 24-Hour winning Ford GT Mk. II on July 14th and it arrived, beautiful as they always are, today, the 22nd. I took advantage of the same sale on the 19th to order the 1988 Daytona 24-Hour winning IMSA Jaguar - hopefully my good luck with Exoto will hold until after that one arrives...

Edited by Jersey_Devil, 22 July 2008 - 11:39 PM.

I just want someone whose baggage goes with mine [from "Rent"]...
- Red

My 1/18th collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...16/#entry557038

My 1/43rd collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...d-riverside-300

#39 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6888 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:10 PM

Jersey_Devil, on Jul 22 2008, 10:36 PM, said:

Just an update:

I took advantage of the 50% sale and ordered the 1966 Daytona 24-Hour winning Ford GT Mk. II on July 14th and it arrived, [COLOR=red]beautiful as they always are, today, the 22nd. I took advantage of the same sale on the 19th to order the 1988 Daytona 24-Hour winning IMSA Jaguar - hopefully my good luck with Exoto will hold until after that one arrives...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, congrats! They are breathtaking indeed! :cheers
Justin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.