More 1/18 people - Aftermarket parts & Materials - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Jump to content


More 1/18 people


19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

    Bronze Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10816 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:26 AM

I was at WM and saw the Indiana Jones action figures and several will look the part in a 1/18 diorama, specially the Mutt Williams and Indy ones.

Check them out here:

http://www.hasbro.co...rtainment/Arena

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)


Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#2 Guest_Bugattitude_*

Guest_Bugattitude_*
  • Guest

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

Spot on Al.
Just loose the weaponry and wallah!
Tks for the link. :cheers

#3 Guest_Flamechicken_*

Guest_Flamechicken_*
  • Guest

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:54 PM

Just get a couple of German tanks or a motorcycle and you'll be all set.   :happy

#4 OFFLINE   Superleggera

Superleggera

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3862 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bristol, England
  • Interests:Dogs, beer, Eric Clapton and fine leather jackets.
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:00 PM

A 1:18 arc of the covenant would be sort of cool. :giggle
My Profile
Posted Image
Jamie "The Soupy Leg"
Cleanliness is next to Inverness.

#5 Guest_Bugattitude_*

Guest_Bugattitude_*
  • Guest

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

Got the latter !  
Attached File  12052008938a.jpg   48.54K   5 downloads
:zoom

#6 Guest_Bugattitude_*

Guest_Bugattitude_*
  • Guest

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:17 PM

Superleggera, on May 12 2008, 10:00 PM, said:

A 1:18 arc of the covenant would be sort of cool. :giggle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Hmmmm! Do we put the angels on Harleys or Ducs ??
Seans not allowed an opinion here!! Too biased ! :giggle

#7 Guest_Flamechicken_*

Guest_Flamechicken_*
  • Guest

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:08 PM

Bugattitude, on May 12 2008, 02:12 PM, said:

Got the latter ! 
Attachment attachment
:zoom

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


  :omg That's perfect...need to get the Sr. Dr. Jones for the side car.

#8 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6888 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tropic of Cancer - Paradise!
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:35 PM

Are the figures actually 1:18 scale?
Justin

#9 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

    Bronze Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10816 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:20 AM

Diecast247, on May 13 2008, 01:35 AM, said:

Are the figures actually 1:18 scale?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they are not, they are very close and do not look out of place with 1/18 cars. When I get one, I will get the 1/18 ruler and measure it.

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)


#10 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

    Bronze Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10816 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:28 AM

Airborne511 posted this pic at the Pub. I say they look pretty good!

(click on the thumbnail)

Posted Image

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)


#11 Guest_Bugattitude_*

Guest_Bugattitude_*
  • Guest

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:39 AM

acisne, on May 13 2008, 05:20 PM, said:

Diecast247, on May 13 2008, 01:35 AM, said:

Are the figures actually 1:18 scale?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they are not, they are very close and do not look out of place with 1/18 cars. When I get one, I will get the 1/18 ruler and measure it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Al, I went looking today in our local dealers but nothing here yet. Is this a recent release, do you know ?

#12 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4910 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troy IL, USA
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:39 AM

Bugattitude, on May 12 2008, 11:17 AM, said:

Superleggera, on May 12 2008, 10:00 PM, said:

A 1:18 arc of the covenant would be sort of cool. :giggle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Hmmmm! Do we put the angels on Harleys or Ducs ??
Seans not allowed an opinion here!! Too biased ! :giggle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As long as she's in leathers...who cares what she rides!!! :lol

Sean


DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger


#13 Guest_Bugattitude_*

Guest_Bugattitude_*
  • Guest

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:44 AM

acisne, on May 13 2008, 05:28 PM, said:

Airborne511 posted this pic at the Pub. I say they look pretty good!

(click on the thumbnail)

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


:dizzy ...and with the GTO that's still sitting on my wish list !!! They look great !

#14 Guest_Bugattitude_*

Guest_Bugattitude_*
  • Guest

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:49 AM

Ducati-900SS, on May 13 2008, 05:39 PM, said:

Bugattitude, on May 12 2008, 11:17 AM, said:

Superleggera, on May 12 2008, 10:00 PM, said:

A 1:18 arc of the covenant would be sort of cool. :giggle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Hmmmm! Do we put the angels on Harleys or Ducs ??
Seans not allowed an opinion here!! Too biased ! :giggle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As long as she's in leathers...who cares what she rides!!! :lol

Sean

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Out of leathers, but mademoiselle is holding onto her beret for dear life ! :giggle
Attached File  13052008946a.jpg   57.19K   5 downloads

#15 Guest_Bugattitude_*

Guest_Bugattitude_*
  • Guest

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:51 AM

Attached File  13052008943a.jpg   64.08K   4 downloads
Those leathers tend to get a bit much in the Sahara sun !

(The bikes a Harley Davidson Sidecar from Maisto 1:18)

#16 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

    Bronze Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10816 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:09 AM

Bugattitude, on May 13 2008, 02:39 PM, said:

acisne, on May 13 2008, 05:20 PM, said:

Diecast247, on May 13 2008, 01:35 AM, said:

Are the figures actually 1:18 scale?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they are not, they are very close and do not look out of place with 1/18 cars. When I get one, I will get the 1/18 ruler and measure it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Al, I went looking today in our local dealers but nothing here yet. Is this a recent release, do you know ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Bug, our WM and Targets just put them out about a week ago. They seem to be selling well. The movie is not out for a few week still, but it has tons of tie-ins.

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)


#17 Guest_Bugattitude_*

Guest_Bugattitude_*
  • Guest

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:11 AM

acisne, on May 13 2008, 06:09 PM, said:

Bugattitude, on May 13 2008, 02:39 PM, said:

acisne, on May 13 2008, 05:20 PM, said:

Diecast247, on May 13 2008, 01:35 AM, said:

Are the figures actually 1:18 scale?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they are not, they are very close and do not look out of place with 1/18 cars. When I get one, I will get the 1/18 ruler and measure it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Al, I went looking today in our local dealers but nothing here yet. Is this a recent release, do you know ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Bug, our WM and Targets just put them out about a week ago. They seem to be selling well. The movie is not out for a few week still, but it has tons of tie-ins.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:cheers Al, WM and Targets don't bode well for getting them here ! :hater
I've hunted high and low for those WM Barbies we discussed in the other thread here in SA. No go ! :shipwrecked
Rather strange as all other Mattel products are all over the place ??
Probably made under license for WM.

#18 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*
  • Guest

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:29 AM

Is there a new Indian Jones movie coming out!

I'm seeing all kind of gear and promotions for it - but I have not seen any commercials for the movie. :confused

#19 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

    Bronze Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10816 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 17 May 2008 - 02:52 PM

DiecastX, on May 17 2008, 03:29 PM, said:

Is there a new Indian Jones movie coming out!

I'm seeing all kind of gear and promotions for it - but I have not seen any commercials for the movie. :confused

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Yes there is! It opens pretty soon. It is supposed to know Iron Man off it's pedestal.  :giggle

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)


#20 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*
  • Guest

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:44 PM

Ok.

Ironman has been top dog for a while now.



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users





Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.