DiecastXchange Forum banner

Premium Classixxs News.

22K views 107 replies 41 participants last post by  ferrariforever 
G
#1 · (Edited)
Fellow collectors,
I have been collecting diecast for years now. One of my most recent purchases is the Premium Classixx 1/12th scale Porsche 911 Carrera (silver / black interior). Overall a very nice diecast (not exactly inexpensive!). I wanted to see if anyone else on this forum has purchased this same diecast. Looking forward to the feedback.

G
#3 ·
Bugattitude,
Thanks for the welcome. As I stated in my post I have been collecting for many years. I probably have 200 + pieces - (3) 1/8 scale Pocher kits (built) Ferrari Testarosa, Ferrari F 40 and the 911 Carrera, (6) of the Revell 1/12th scale Ferrari GTO's and the rest of my collection is mainly 1/18th scale. I was not familiar with the Premium Classixx name at all when I first saw their 1/12th scale offerings on Replicarz website a couple of months ago. As a classic Porsche owner I had to get this 911 Carrera in 1/12th scale. I believe this particular piece is limited to 1,000 pieces. I just may get another one before they're all gone! Regarding posting a picture - honestly I will have to get with my 14 year old daughter who knows how to upload pics, etc. Hopefully, I will get around to that soon. Stil very interested in hearing from anyone else that has purchsed this piece. Thanks!

G
#5 ·
The 1/12th scale realm is quite limited. For 1/12th scale, my first critera is the diecast car has to be something I'm really interested in. They are typically expensive and they take up alot of space. However, I'm a Porsche owner and a Porsche nut - so this diecast was no-brainer. Again, this piece is very nice overall. My only gripe is that the rear suspension sits very high - not the natural factory stance for a Carrera.

P.S. - to all - The country flag on my profile is incorrect. I honestly don't know which flag that is (certainly, no disrepect..). I guess I accidently scrolled on that entry and it inserted the wrong flag. I am in the USA.

#6 ·
Hi and welcome

I have just seen a few of these 1/12 Premium Classixxs in person when I passed through HK this week. Quality wise for this model, you really get what you paid for. For a 1/12 it's not expensive compared to the Tamiya Carrera GT or 934 RSR but the level of details are lower too. I would say it's like the 1/18 version by Minichamps blown up to 1/12 with some added details to the engine, dash and front. The wipers are still one piece solid plastic and bit on the chunky side and as you mentioned the rear sits bit high compared to the real car. Overall still very good model at the price for a 1/12. I was bit tempted to get one myself if it wasn't for the high rear end. :cheers

PS, to change the flag click on my controls near the top right of any page and you can edit all your details there.

#9 ·
OK, firstly I need pictures of your 911S and 912E. I had a 75 911S and a 69 912 a few years ago so I bet your pics would bring back fond memories for me.

Currently I've got a 1:1 72 911T in the garage.

:)

Secondly, is the interior of the 1:12 Carreras carpeted? It's hard to tell in the pictures I've seen on eBay.

G
#10 ·
Always great to communicate with another Porsche nut. My cars are under the covers in my garage for the Winter season. Like you, I cannot wait for Spring. I go into serious withdrawal as soon as the salt hits the streets down here! I will have to retrieve my photos and post them. I have always been a big fan of the '74 through '77 911 body style - slight fender flares, no junk hanging off - like spoilers/tails, etc. Just a clean and classic version of the 911 body.

Regarding your question about the interior of the 1/12th scale Carrera - I honestly don't remember if the interior is carpeted. I'll have to check this evening. As I stated in an earlier post - the piece is actually very well done - paint, detail, etc. The height of the rear suspension drives me crazy. When I look at it I keep thinking the 3.2 motor has been dropped for a re-build and that's why the rear is sitting so high!!

#11 ·
Ugh, don't talk to me about salt. Ottawa uses TONS of the stuff on the roads and even keeps spreading it when the trucks are sitting at red lights. There are literal mounds of rock salt sitting at every intersection here. Just awful. I think my 911 would disintegrate after one drive this time of year! Luckily my Dodge truck is more resiliant... and less valuable.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

I'd like to see the stance of the production 1:12 model, all that I've seen in pictures look just fine.

G
#12 ·
Like I said, can't wait until real driving season comes around again. Over this coming weekend I will try to get a shot of this diecast so you can see what I'm referring to. I am anxious to hear from a fellow collector that has this same piece to see if theirs has the same stance.

#26 ·
Visited my diecast dealer the other day and he got in some of these Premium Classixxs goodies in.They look really decent well built,details are good too,a few things can improve.They are a bit pricey though.Anyone have any cars from this brand in their collection??What is your overall thought about them?Im really interested in getting a pair of 1:18 Porsche and BMW Transporters.They are huge,but will work awesome with mine and my brothers racing collection of Porsche and BMW race cars.

#31 ·
It looks like they will be releasing the SLS AMG and 300 SL Gullwing in November but does anyone know when they are supposed to release their 911 turbo. I have one of their "tea tray" Carrareas and think it's a great model for the money. But I'm really excited about a 3.3 turbo version. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.