Is your diecast engine tired or worn out? - Aftermarket parts & Materials - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Is your diecast engine tired or worn out?

33 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   corrupted

corrupted

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1267 posts
  • Favorite Brands:0
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:05 PM

Go from a mild 502 chevy bowtie crate motor sporting 502 horse power or a 565ci dart/pontiac combination making 825 hp on pump gas. If that's not enough go for the pro series 582ci- 632ci drag crate engines making 1200-1600 hp. Your diecast will fly off the table with one of these( maybe that's not a good idea). All engines start with new blocks race prepped. Bored, torque plate honed, splayed main caps, decked, line bored, One piece cam bearings and brass freeze plugs. Either single carb or dule carb sheet metal fabricated intkes available w/Holley dominator carbs. All engines also dyno tested in house on our SF902 engine dyno.

Ok. I have so many parts all over the place I figured I may as well open a speed shop.  :lol

Attached File  post_6605_1230170728.jpg   121.46K   14 downloads

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   ibj40

ibj40

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5241 posts
  • Favorite Brands:.

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:09 PM

That's some collection of heavy artillery there, Brian!

Nice work.  Reminds of when we used to go over to the Rehr-Morrison shop in Arlington, Texas to pick up our puny little road racer small blocks, and there would be all these fire-breathing big block drag motors all over the place.

Happy Holidays and keep up the great work!

:cheers
Updated Collection Video

Thread Killer!

#3 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:20 PM

corrupted, I remember that Ertl Nova!! What series was it? I remember the boxes were super cool!
Justin

#4 OFFLINE   corrupted

corrupted

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1267 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

Thanks I sure will. Happy Holidays to you too.

#5 OFFLINE   corrupted

corrupted

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1267 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

View PostDiecast247, on Dec 24 2008, 10:20 PM, said:

corrupted, I remember that Ertl Nova!! What series was it? I remember the boxes were super cool!
I don't even know. I bought the body only, on ebay. Then I built the tube chassis for it. I have another nova like it ,but it's grey and arange, and has kind of a yucky chassis. I like it though.

#6 OFFLINE   corrupted

corrupted

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1267 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:43 PM

I have a question for members. Are the parts I've made something that you would be interested in if they were for sale. I am already getting some parts ready for a few people, but I don't know what they should cost. I guess what I'm asking is what does everyone think a fair price would be for the parts I make. Here is a list:

Complete engines-
dual carb intakes-
single carb intakes-
dominator carbs-
reg holley carbs-
electric fuel pumps-
fuel cells w/sumps-
optima style batteries-
automatic transmissions-
B&M prostick shifters-
nos bottles-
nos kits w/bottle,brackets,gauge(plate system)-
Also they could be painted or not painted.

I'd sell resin engine long blocks, but I did not make them I only made resin copies. I don't want to step on the toes of the original maker of the engine blocks. Anyway, All feedback is welcome and needed. I'd like to get some parts out there and see what other modders create with them. I think they add a bit of realism to the cars. I'm not an expert resin maker so they are not perfect, but I believe they look real enough for the scale. Thanks.

#7 Guest_Bugattitude_*

Guest_Bugattitude_*

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

Superb work, Brian ! :3tens:
You're obviously a perfectionist and nothing wrong with that but I do feel you're not giving yourself due credit for these beauties.
Darn awesome in my book ! :tongue

#8 OFFLINE   corrupted

corrupted

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1267 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:22 AM

View PostBugattitude, on Dec 27 2008, 12:07 AM, said:

Superb work, Brian ! :3tens:
You're obviously a perfectionist and nothing wrong with that but I do feel you're not giving yourself due credit for these beauties.
Darn awesome in my book ! :tongue
Thanks Bug. What do you think a fair price would be for them? I have no idea.They were time consuming to make, but now that the molds are made it's pretty easy to duplicate them.

#9 OFFLINE   Highridah

Highridah

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 192 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Welly
  • Proud Citizen of: an

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:17 PM

View Postcorrupted, on Dec 26 2008, 08:43 PM, said:

I have a question for members. Are the parts I've made something that you would be interested in if they were for sale. I am already getting some parts ready for a few people, but I don't know what they should cost. I guess what I'm asking is what does everyone think a fair price would be for the parts I make. Here is a list:

Complete engines-30 bucks no less
dual carb intakes-2.00
single carb intakes-2.00
dominator carbs-4.00
reg holley carbs-4.00
electric fuel pumps-2.00
fuel cells w/sumps-5.00
optima style batteries-2.00
automatic transmissions-(is is solid like engine)8 bucks
B&M prostick shifters-2.00
nos bottles-2.00
nos kits w/bottle,brackets,gauge(plate system)-5.00 (raw)- 5.50 (painted)
Also they could be painted or not painted.(sell them unpainted with decal)

I'd sell resin engine long blocks, but I did not make them I only made resin copies. I don't want to step on the toes of the original maker of the engine blocks. Anyway, All feedback is welcome and needed. I'd like to get some parts out there and see what other modders create with them. I think they add a bit of realism to the cars. I'm not an expert resin maker so they are not perfect, but I believe they look real enough for the scale. Thanks.
i listed fair prices for them seeing as i was in the bussiness the idea is to return the price of your materials then profit. you dont want to copy another resin makers parts thats bad JUJU

#10 OFFLINE   corrupted

corrupted

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1267 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:07 PM

View PostHighridah, on Dec 27 2008, 02:17 PM, said:

dual carb intakes-2.00
single carb intakes-2.00
dominator carbs-4.00
reg holley carbs-4.00
electric fuel pumps-2.00
fuel cells w/sumps-5.00
nos bottles-2.00

i listed fair prices for them seeing as i was in the bussiness the idea is to return the price of your materials then profit. you dont want to copy another resin makers parts thats bad JUJU
Thanks. That is a good start. Are you still in the bussiness? It's just a hobby for me. The engines I made out of resin came out of cars that I took apart so I didn't get them from another resin maker. Yeah, that would be bad. I did have to modify the engine blocks to be able to make the mold. Thanks again.

#11 OFFLINE   Highridah

Highridah

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 192 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Welly
  • Proud Citizen of: an

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:44 PM

View Postcorrupted, on Dec 27 2008, 01:07 PM, said:

View PostHighridah, on Dec 27 2008, 02:17 PM, said:

dual carb intakes-2.00
single carb intakes-2.00
dominator carbs-4.00
reg holley carbs-4.00
electric fuel pumps-2.00
fuel cells w/sumps-5.00
nos bottles-2.00

Thanks. That is a good start. Are you still in the bussiness? It's just a hobby for me. The engines I made out of resin came out of cars that I took apart so I didn't get them from another resin maker. Yeah, that would be bad. I did have to modify the engine blocks to be able to make the mold. Thanks again.
after my work schedule switched up i went into hiatus. i mostly casted in car entertainment and was about to move into 24-26 inch wheels before the schedule change.

modify?

#12 Guest_demoderbys_19_*

Guest_demoderbys_19_*

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:58 AM

awsome motors very nice

#13 Guest_Bugattitude_*

Guest_Bugattitude_*

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:04 AM

Welcome to DX , d_19  :rolleyes:
Great to have you here. :cheers

#14 OFFLINE   DSOM C6 Vert

DSOM C6 Vert

Bored AUTOart Owner

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 544 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Maisto, ERTL, AUTOart, GMP, etc..

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:35 AM

Yes, My LS6 is worn out, and yes its tired. . .(bad starts in the morning when its cold) :lol Awsome motors! I wonder if I could put one of them into my Cayenne.
Posted Image

flickr

Newest Add: GMP Triple Black Road Runner Vert

#15 OFFLINE   jcollege

jcollege

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1517 posts
  • Favorite Brands:GMP, AUTOart, Kyosho

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

View PostDSOM C6 Vert, on Jan 9 2009, 05:35 AM, said:

Yes, My LS6 is worn out, and yes its tired. . .(bad starts in the morning when its cold) :lol Awsome motors! I wonder if I could put one of them into my Cayenne.

A twin turbo V12 out of a Mercedes S Class AMG would be a better fit in my opinion.
-Jeff

#16 Guest_1967jrd_*

Guest_1967jrd_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:29 AM

View Postcorrupted, on Dec 24 2008, 09:05 PM, said:

Go from a mild 502 chevy bowtie crate motor sporting 502 horse power or a 565ci dart/pontiac combination making 825 hp on pump gas. If that's not enough go for the pro series 582ci- 632ci drag crate engines making 1200-1600 hp. Your diecast will fly off the table with one of these( maybe that's not a good idea). All engines start with new blocks race prepped. Bored, torque plate honed, splayed main caps, decked, line bored, One piece cam bearings and brass freeze plugs. Either single carb or dule carb sheet metal fabricated intkes available w/Holley dominator carbs. All engines also dyno tested in house on our SF902 engine dyno.

Ok. I have so many parts all over the place I figured I may as well open a speed shop.  :lol

Attachment post_660...30170728.jpg

I tend to keep a little louder and a little higher horsepower variety around my hobby bench... :tongue

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   corrupted

corrupted

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1267 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:00 PM

View Post1967jrd, on Jan 21 2009, 05:29 AM, said:

I tend to keep a little louder and a little higher horsepower variety around my hobby bench... :tongue

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now that's an engine. I'd make those too, but I don't think there's much call for a top fuel funnycar motor in a street car or a door slammer. Although that would be really cool. :giggle

Edited by corrupted, 21 January 2009 - 06:12 PM.

#18 Guest_1967jrd_*

Guest_1967jrd_*

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:29 PM

View Postcorrupted, on Jan 21 2009, 07:00 PM, said:

View Post1967jrd, on Jan 21 2009, 05:29 AM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now that's an engine. I'd make those too, but I don't think there's much call for a top fuel funnycar motor in a street car or a door slammer. Although that would be really cool. :giggle

Actually there is quite a market for these motors. I know quite a few guys that used the supercharged hemi engines for their promod style custom models. You have quite a collection, really nice stuff.

#19 Guest_beater1/18_*

Guest_beater1/18_*

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:37 AM

Nice engines there, I love seeing all those and imagining the possibilities http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/idea.gif

#20 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3805 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:30 AM

Any chance you could craft me a Sledgehammer Callaway Corvette - now that is a project I would be more than happy for you to commence for me. For reference see: http://www.fastcoolc...ledgehammer.htm

Posted Image

#21 Guest_Diecast Craftsman_*

Guest_Diecast Craftsman_*

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:57 PM

Some nice engines there. You do some awesome work brian. Thanks for the engine you sent me, was fun to put together and paint
Posted Image

#22 OFFLINE   corrupted

corrupted

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1267 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:35 PM

Wow I didn't even know this post still existed,LOL. Simondc07 I'll look at the site. I'm sure I can do it. I have a lot more engines now with sooo many different options.
I'm glad you like your engine. I'm on the fence with the valve covers. I made those a long time ago. I have some new ones if you're interested. Here's a pic of some new engines.

#23 Guest_Diecast Craftsman_*

Guest_Diecast Craftsman_*

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

Do you have pics of the new ones that you have made, I dont have a problem with these ones, but if i see something i like, i may go with it

#24 OFFLINE   corrupted

corrupted

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1267 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:13 AM

I'll get some posted soon. How is that car coming anyway? Haven't seen progress posts in a bit.

#25 OFFLINE   imitenotbecrazy

imitenotbecrazy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1199 posts
  • Favorite Brands:any

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:55 PM

I would looove a crazy turbo s2000 motor. Would that be possible? Can you PM me a ballpark est on time and money?
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.