How's Supercar Collectibles? - Highway 61 | Diecast Promotions - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

How's Supercar Collectibles?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_beater1/18_*

Guest_beater1/18_*

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:19 PM

I just ordered a 1/18 '69 Yenko Camaro in Hugger Orange from them, LE 1 of 504. Has anyone dealt with them?

Edited by beater1/18, 09 September 2009 - 11:27 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Mike DeTorrice

Mike DeTorrice

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 522 posts
  • Favorite Brands:All
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:13 AM

Yes, I have had excellent dealings with them. The crew at Supercar Collectibles are absolutely top-grade, among the very best diecast dealers around and I would definitely recommend them.

Mike

Edited by Mike DeTorrice, 11 September 2009 - 09:51 AM.

#3 Guest_jwrAMC_*

Guest_jwrAMC_*

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:32 AM

....what he said.   :icon_scratch:

#4 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10816 posts
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:08 AM

Top notch seller!   :icon_scratch:

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)

#5 OFFLINE   1970Muscle

1970Muscle

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail / H61

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

I can only afford their stuff second-hand and their prices aren't good on Highway 61. That Yenko is killer.
--Dennis at your service--

#6 OFFLINE   gooseegg5

gooseegg5

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 405 posts
  • Favorite Brands:GMP

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

They have always great for me.  I do not do a lot of business with them, but I have bought my fair share from them.  They have been great every time!!

#7 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:00 PM

I've never ordered from them cause their cost is never competitive but their stuff almost always appeals to me (all the '69 Camaros) and I appreciate that they have a very good reputation among their loyal customers. Posted Image
Justin

#8 Guest_jwrAMC_*

Guest_jwrAMC_*

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:18 PM

I tend to use them mainly for pre-orders which usually get free shipping. With that figured in, they are often the cheapest way to get a 'coming soon' release. Once the items are in stock, shipping costs kick in and the new items are then 'on par' with other sellers. After a few months, other sellers drop the pricing on these same cars where SC tends to keep it the same or even raise it (I suppose figuring few are left to be had and their most loyal base will buy there regardless, based on reputation...a fair enough assessment)...so their "best deals" are for the latest and greatest.

As with the eBay 'wholesalers' comparison to sponsor-grade sellers, the difference is rarely more than a couple of dollars. And that difference is often the difference between service...and something not even close.

#9 Guest_beater1/18_*

Guest_beater1/18_*

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:24 PM

I've never ordered from them cause their cost is never competitive but their stuff almost always appeals to me (all the '69 Camaros) and I appreciate that they have a very good reputation among their loyal customers.  

That's the reason I chose SC too. They had Yenkos in every color under the sun and I was deciding between Hugger Orange, and Daytona Yellow. I didn't find the colors I wanted at Diecastfast, SimplyDiecast didn't have it at all, and Replicarz had it but not any cheaper and they're farther away from where I live.

Edited by beater1/18, 10 September 2009 - 06:27 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   bigdeano

bigdeano

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1266 posts
  • Interests:Supercars, Group B, Group C, Group 5, FIA GT1/GT2/GT3, JGTC, Warbids, and Reno Air Racing.
  • Favorite Brands:HPI, HobbyMaster, Carrera
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:04 AM

I've just visited their website, and all I can say is "oh man, what a field day I'm going to have with these guys when I get some more money"   :wavetowel2:    :welcome

Thanks for pointing these guys out to me   :icon_scratch:

EDIT: WHOA! $130 to ship 2 models to Australia?! Damn. That pink Chally was very tempting

Edited by bigdeano, 11 September 2009 - 06:16 AM.

Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4910 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

View Postbigdeano, on 11 September 2009 - 04:04 AM, said:

I've just visited their website, and all I can say is "oh man, what a field day I'm going to have with these guys when I get some more money"   :welcome    :10:

Thanks for pointing these guys out to me   :wavetowel2:

EDIT: WHOA! $130 to ship 2 models to Australia?! Damn. That pink Chally was very tempting
Sounds like you need to find a Hwy 61 reseller in Australia!!!   :icon_scratch:   However, many of the cars for sale at Supercars are specially made for Supercars.  Distrubution to regular brick & mortar/e-tailers may be non-existent in these cases.

Sean

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#12 OFFLINE   bigdeano

bigdeano

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1266 posts
  • Interests:Supercars, Group B, Group C, Group 5, FIA GT1/GT2/GT3, JGTC, Warbids, and Reno Air Racing.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:23 PM

The going price of Highway 61's over here is AU$130 (about US$112) without the cost of postage, and most of the Hemi Cudas and Chally's aren't in nice, bright colours or the 1970 versions that I like the most.

When it comes to Highway 61's it sucks to be in Australia   :icon_scratch: .
Posted Image

#13 Guest_beater1/18_*

Guest_beater1/18_*

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:29 PM

In the future I'll be going to them when I want some old-school eye candy on my desk. I can't wait for my Yenko to arrive!

#14 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6888 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:10 PM

View Postbeater1/18, on 11 September 2009 - 04:29 PM, said:

In the future I'll be going to them when I want some old-school eye candy on my desk. I can't wait for my Yenko to arrive!

Oh, you're gonna love it, man. I have the yellow and blue Yenko as well as the white '69 Camaro ZL-1 with steelies. I look at them every day and love them as much today as then! Posted Image

View Postbigdeano, on 11 September 2009 - 04:23 PM, said:

The going price of Highway 61's over here is AU$130 (about US$112) without the cost of postage, and most of the Hemi Cudas and Chally's aren't in nice, bright colours or the 1970 versions that I like the most.

When it comes to Highway 61's it sucks to be in Australia  Posted Image .

Yeah, but we can all think of many, many reasons why it doesn't suck to be in Australia!! Posted Image
Justin

#15 OFFLINE   bigdeano

bigdeano

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1266 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:54 PM

Too true man   :icon_scratch:

But still, it's a bit of a pain.

Edited by bigdeano, 11 September 2009 - 05:56 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Guest_beater1/18_*

Guest_beater1/18_*

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:25 AM

View PostDiecast24/7, on 11 September 2009 - 05:10 PM, said:

Oh, you're gonna love it, man. I have the yellow and blue Yenko as well as the white '69 Camaro ZL-1 with steelies. I look at them every day and love them as much today as then! Posted Image

Yeah, but we can all think of many, many reasons why it doesn't suck to be in Australia!! Posted Image

If I was alive in 1970 a ZL1 would be my dream car! I want the fastest most powerful baddest-assest Camaro ever on my shelf (or in my closet). I might get their black one with teh dog dish hubcaps later. Normally I'm not really into muscle cars, I'm much more into imports but I respect the classics and I want some to add a little variety.

#17 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6888 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:04 AM

View Postbeater1/18, on 12 September 2009 - 12:25 AM, said:

If I was alive in 1970 a ZL1 would be my dream car! I want the fastest most powerful baddest-assest Camaro ever on my shelf (or in my closet). I might get their black one with teh dog dish hubcaps later. Normally I'm not really into muscle cars, I'm much more into imports but I respect the classics and I want some to add a little variety.

Posted Image  LMAO Yeah, I've been looking at that black ZL-1 with dog-dish too since I have the white one but the price is scary high. I'm only going to get it if I find it at wholesale! I'll never pay $75 - $85 for any Highway 61 mode, Yenko, COPO or notl. Posted Image
Justin

#18 OFFLINE   Beetle_Guy

Beetle_Guy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1295 posts
  • Interests:Cars (obviously), airplanes, science, Metallica and AC/DC
  • Favorite Brands:Whoever makes what I want.
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:01 PM

I've never dealt with them directly, but I've got one of their customs: a '70 Cuda with a 472 Hemi and I LOVE it.
Posted Image
Joe

#19 Guest_beater1/18_*

Guest_beater1/18_*

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:26 PM

Update: I got the car today and there was a big scratch on the window sill and a chip on the front fender. I'll give SC the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to a defect. I'm going to return it, but yes it's an excellent model that I would highly recommend to anyone.

Edited by beater1/18, 16 September 2009 - 10:15 PM.

#20 OFFLINE   CarNutty

CarNutty

Nutty1

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Sky Diving, Scuba Diving, Flying, diecast collecting.
  • Favorite Brands:Acme, GMP, Minichamps, Norev

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

View Postbigdeano, on 11 September 2009 - 04:23 PM, said:

When it comes to Highway 61's it sucks to be in Australia   :icon_scratch: .

Don't worry Bigdeano, when it comes to Classic Carlectables :twocents:  and Biante  https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/dizzy.gif diecast ... being in the Americas isn't ducky either ...

Oh yeah, I have experienced nothing but Good Luck with Supercars.  The whole team does their best for everyone.  Still know, that it is difficult to impossible to do 100% QC on every diecast they get from the Manufacturers.  Many of us would understandably frown on them taking the products out of sealed packaging to do so.

Edited by CarNutty, 16 September 2009 - 11:43 PM.

Posted Image

#21 Guest_jwrAMC_*

Guest_jwrAMC_*

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:11 AM

I have the guys at SC opening every box for me to give each car a thorough inspection prior to shipping (less often for AWs and always for H61s as they tend to vary wildly, even within the same darn release).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.