• Pip
  • 2279 posts
  • Interests:Cars in all sizes.
  • Number of Models:One too many.
  • Favorite Brands:None
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

Hi all,

Please post here your questions that you may have for Exoto and once I setup an interview w/their president I will make sure to ask him and let you know.   :giggle:
Posted Image

Jersey_Devil said:

the Golden Rules:

1) Look both ways before crossing the street;
2) Wash your hands after using the bathroom;
3) NEVER pre-order from Exoto!

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   JJZ109er

JJZ109er

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2415 posts
  • Interests:1/18 diecast Ferrari Mustang Bugatti Audi BMW AM Porsche Ford GT40 Chaparral. History/World Affairs. Sci-Fi. Airshows, Auto Racing(IMSA, LM, ALMS, Indycar, F1)
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart-Maisto-Kyosho-Exoto-Mattel
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

I've been waiting for a decent replica of the Ford GT 40, the Mk 1 if you want to call it. I have an Exoto Sebring Mk II and a very poorly made Universal Hobbies Mk II and I have two Exoto Mk IV's. I consider these Exotos' the jewels of my collection. Before you revamped your website, you had a facility to let buyers make requests for new models and you even indicated that a Mk 1 was in Exoto's future. A Jouef Evolution Mk 1 in Gulf colours 1966 Le Mans winner is THE best that I have been able to find. I can't understand why Exoto chose to start with the Mk II. Does Exoto have any plans to replicate the Ford that started it all? Because I think I speak for all Ford GT enthusiasts when I say it's time we had a decent Ford GT 40 replica! PLEASE, make us happy like it was Christmas in July....even though it's really October.

PS. And if you could manage a Lola GT, the precursor to the Ford GT, it would be real sweet.

Edited by JJZ109er, 19 October 2009 - 07:08 PM.

"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you." - BATMAN BEGINS

#3 OFFLINE   RufusRoc

RufusRoc

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

I pre-ordered a 1966 Ford GT40 MKII (Winner, 1966 Le Mans 24 Hours, Amon*/McLaren) back in January of 2005!! My credit card got charged for it last July 2008 and I have still yet to recieve it.  Whats the deal Exoto!!?? I think we customers are due at least periodic updates or at the very least, our cards should not be charged until the model is ready to ship.  Cleary this item was not ready at the time I was charged. Please let us know when these will finally be shipped.

I also pre-orderd an Aston Martin Vanquish 2 years ago. This model has been advertised since 2003!!  When if ever will this be available?

Just a little periodic communication between Exoto and its paying customers would be much appreciated.

Edited by RufusRoc, 19 October 2009 - 07:54 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

An honest answer to when the Phantom will see the light of day would be nice. How do you know the president?

#5 Guest_ExtremelyOCD_*

Guest_ExtremelyOCD_*

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:21 PM

Why do you ruin your reputation by screwing over customers, double charging credit cards for on line transactions, then denying it happened, refusing to accept the responsibliy that it could have accidentally happened, until the victim provides you with written proof that there were in fact two separate but identical charges for the same item at two different times.  This after accusing the buyer of ordering twice then realizing that you only show one transaction (yet you process something on line, then have one of your co-conspirtors call the victim and get the CC card info a second time)

Never apologizing, treating the person very rudely, violating every principle of proper customer service and treatment imaginable!!!

For a company with such high quality models marketed to what one would expect would be a reasonably demanding clientel, it seems utterly stupid and moronic to have such rude, horrid customer service.

Sadly I've read on this forum that I'm not the only potential victim of your various attempts to screw your customers.

I love your products, but find your staff's moral values to be abhorant!  I will only buy from someone not affiliated with your outfit,  preferably 2nd hand so you don't gain any addtional benifits.

Sorry to be so harsh, but sadly completely factual and earned!  Very sad considering the quality of your products.

#6 OFFLINE   Mclaren_F1

Mclaren_F1

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2279 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:25 PM

Keep 'hem coming guys, this is good.   :giggle:
Posted Image

Jersey_Devil said:

the Golden Rules:

#7 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:30 PM

I just don't understand why the President of Exoto would be opened to being grilled... it seems like from the president's standpoint, more bad would come out of this for company image than good. So I reiterate my previous question, Mclaren F1, if possible, how do you know Exoto's prez?

#8 OFFLINE   Super Snail

Super Snail

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2174 posts
  • Interests:Sportscars, Prototype racers, Motorcycles, Cobra's, GT40's, Porsche
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:18 AM

Why does it take so long for you (Exoto) to release models that you have anounced? Where is my Chaparral 2J I paid for two years ago? Repaints why so long in being produced, Ford GT 40 MkII #6 or Porsche 917/30 Bosch for example? and why did you make such a pigs ear off the CAM2 closed circuit record car? That will do for now.
Steve

#9 OFFLINE   MajorChipHazard

MajorChipHazard

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1594 posts
  • Interests:Cars,gadgets,MTB etc
  • Favorite Brands:Id be telling a lie if I just said one of them
  • Proud Citizen of: za

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:43 AM

Are we ever going to see the Rolls Royce Phantom?
Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   JSB 33

JSB 33

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • Interests:Family, Cars (1:1 & 1:43) Automotive books, Guns, yard work and gardening
  • Favorite Brands:M/C, Spark, Bizarre

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:47 AM

Where is my free GT40MKIV that you promised me for screwing with my CC over the MKIV #1?
Oh, thats right, only 2 people got one and they happen to write reviews over at Diecast.org.
Guess I am not in the right club, I'm just a customer errrr ex-customer.
Jeff

Like things in a smaller scale? Try Scale143

Click on my banner to see my website

Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   Markus

Markus

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1235 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:59 AM

Are we ever going to see the Ferrari F1-2000? (Or whatever F1 was on the old homepage under the "Coming soon" title
Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Mclaren_F1

Mclaren_F1

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2279 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:30 AM

View PostS40, on 19 October 2009 - 08:30 PM, said:

I just don't understand why the President of Exoto would be opened to being grilled... it seems like from the president's standpoint, more bad would come out of this for company image than good. So I reiterate my previous question, Mclaren F1, if possible, how do you know Exoto's prez?

I can't discuss this now as it might sound like advertising what I do in diecast business, so that I'll wait till I talk to Justin about sponsoring, etc... then you will get your answer.
Posted Image

Jersey_Devil said:

the Golden Rules:

#13 OFFLINE   DXB88

DXB88

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 220 posts
  • Favorite Brands:auto art
  • Proud Citizen of: ae

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:00 AM

When is the release date of Rolls Royce Phantom and the RR Drophead?

#14 OFFLINE   Scalainj

Scalainj

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1165 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, HPI, Neo

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:26 AM

Any danger of seeingthe Vanquish i pre-ordered back when i had hair on my head and all my own teeth?
When you have nothing good to say, best say nothing.

It only has 140 horses. I exercise them daily

#15 Guest_SilentA._*

Guest_SilentA._*

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

How does Exoto see the future of diecast/scale models (Concerning developments in manufacturing techniques, materials, level of detail, assortment, etc.) and what are Exoto's first priorities?

How will Exoto continue to distinguish itself from other diecast manufacturers (such as CMC, BBR, GMP, AUTOart, Kyosho, etc.)?

Exoto produces "high-end" models which aren't exactly cheap. What kind of (after sales) service can a customer expect when they buy such relatively expensive Exoto products?

Edited by SilentA., 21 October 2009 - 06:54 AM.

#16 ONLINE   Prelude2Elude

Prelude2Elude

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1383 posts
  • Interests:Diecast Cars, Racing, and Technology
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

F50 not gonna happen is it?   :giggle:
Eloy

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Domestics

#17 OFFLINE   m_power

m_power

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3216 posts
  • Interests:European and Japanese cars, Women, Top Gear, Food, Photography, Watches
  • Favorite Brands:MR

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:06 PM

+ a billion on the phantom.  :giggle:

#18 OFFLINE   JJZ109er

JJZ109er

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2415 posts
  • Interests:1/18 diecast Ferrari Mustang Bugatti Audi BMW AM Porsche Ford GT40 Chaparral. History/World Affairs. Sci-Fi. Airshows, Auto Racing(IMSA, LM, ALMS, Indycar, F1)

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:47 PM

I subscribe to the Exoto email updates and sales events. It seems like I've been getting notifications every other day for the past three or four months. Announced models that never materialize, pre-paid order for models that don't materialize and from the sound of it the type of customer service that made me drop Exoticar from my diecast bookmarks. I have to say that my own dealings with Exoto have never resulted in a problem. They sell extremely high quality products but I have never paid their extremely high prices directly or indirectly. But there seems to be a problem. Is Exoto on the ropes and scrambling to keep its customer base? They're not doing such a good job of it.

Edited by JJZ109er, 21 October 2009 - 01:52 PM.

"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you." - BATMAN BEGINS

#19 OFFLINE   TCL

TCL

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 703 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:47 AM

There were some highly desirable vintage sports racers announced in the November 2003 paper catalog. These include the Jaguar D-Type, the Aston Martin DBR1, and the Ford GT Mk I. The market for a long nose Jag D-type seems to be high based on what used Autoart short nose cars are selling for. Does Exoto ever intend to produce the D type Jag? If so, when? If not, why?

#20 OFFLINE   winstoncds

winstoncds

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4151 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Ebbro IXO
  • Proud Citizen of: in

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:12 AM

View PostSilentA., on 20 October 2009 - 11:10 AM, said:

How does Exoto see the future of diecast/scale models (Concerning developments in manufacturing techniques, materials, level of detail, assortment, etc.) and what are Exoto's first priorities?

How will Exoto continue to distinguish itself from other diecast manufacturers (such as CMC, BBR, GMP, AUTOart, Kyosho, etc.)?

Exoto produces "high-end" models which aren't exactly cheap. What kind of (after sales) service can a customer expect when they buy such relatively expensive Exoto products?

Would this be SilverArrow in a new ID?  :giggle: Good questions though. Would love to see how each and every query raised here is answered! If it was the Maisto CEO, I would definitely have a lot of questions to ask. Thanks for the initiative McLaren.
I know Kung-fu
and 50 other such dangerous words.

#21 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:34 AM

View Postwinstoncds, on 21 October 2009 - 09:12 AM, said:

Would this be SilverArrow in a new ID? Posted Image Good questions though. Would love to see how each and every query raised here is answered! If it was the Maisto CEO, I would definitely have a lot of questions to ask. Thanks for the initiative McLaren.

Good catch, Winston. Not to hijack the thread but what happened to your strong convictions that led you to asking for your account to be deleted here, Silverarrow? What, do we get a second chance?

On the point, Exoto obviously has offended alot of customers. In fact, it seems the strong sentiment is more negative toward Exoto than it is toward AUTOart. Back in 2001 I tried vigorously to communicate with this outfit about distributing their products and received nothing more than a slap across the face with their white glove. Despite being in the same area with money to invest, Exoto and their haughty President rolled their eyes at me and in the end when I pushed it a little, got downright rude. I probably woulda forgotten about it by now but hearing hundreds of similar stories from customers and here on DX has led me to the conclusion that their Pres has fostered a culture of arrogance in the company and that's the overwhelming tone in the communication with customers needing basic service.
Justin

#22 OFFLINE   Mclaren_F1

Mclaren_F1

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2279 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:53 AM

View PostPrelude2Elude, on 20 October 2009 - 04:16 PM, said:

F50 not gonna happen is it?   :wavetowel2:
Simply not in both of our life times.

Thank you guys and gals, very interesting questions.  Keep them coming.   :giggle:
Posted Image

Jersey_Devil said:

the Golden Rules:

#23 OFFLINE   winstoncds

winstoncds

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4151 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Ebbro IXO
  • Proud Citizen of: in

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:13 AM

I am not much of a Exoto or CMC follower and not even aware of what their latest offerings are. I would definitely like to know why both of them offer similar models like the Sharknose Ferrari. How big is the market out there for both of them to make similar models and make a killing.
I know Kung-fu
and 50 other such dangerous words.

#24 OFFLINE   Craigj3534

Craigj3534

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 161 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

Please ask if the Alfetta is really going to be available in early 2010 as Shane has indicated to me.  Thanks.

#25 OFFLINE   JJZ109er

JJZ109er

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2415 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:50 PM

View Postwinstoncds, on 21 October 2009 - 10:13 AM, said:

I am not much of a Exoto or CMC follower and not even aware of what their latest offerings are. I would definitely like to know why both of them offer similar models like the Sharknose Ferrari. How big is the market out there for both of them to make similar models and make a killing.

I don't know what it is with the Shark Nose. It doesn't fit in with my Ferrari collection which is coupes and convertibles. But I was getting sick of hearing about it. For almost a month during the summer I was getting notifications that it was in and then it was on sale and then it was bundled with this or that and that the sale was almost over and then it was extended a week yada yada yada bla bla bla.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.