Taking Exoto questions now... - Exoto - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums - Page 2

Taking Exoto questions now...

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_SilentA._*

Guest_SilentA._*

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:27 PM

Some more questions:

Is Exoto's president also a diecast collector?

If so, what does he enjoy about collecting and what does his collection consist of?

If not, why not?

What motivates Exoto to make the models they make?

If Exoto could expand it's selection of models, which direction/field would (the president of) Exoto prefer to expand to?

What is the most difficult element of making accurate diecast models?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   Markus

Markus

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1235 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART!
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:17 PM

Here's one:

Why do I get an email saying a model is on sale at $99.99 and then i click the link in the same email and the price has doubled, with no explanation given.
Posted Image

#28 OFFLINE   gt man

gt man

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 411 posts
  • Interests:travel,gtp racing , lemans racing, F1,
  • Favorite Brands:auto Art , Exoto, Minichamps, Mattel f1
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

when do think the 956 rothman, set  and the Newman car predicted release, and why when you set a payment plan, do they call and request , pay pal, american express, or check for their products now, from reading some of these coments from other member , as a new collector , i purchase 5 models on the payment plan , i am concern i am going to get screwed by them. why did, e-bay suspend there account? i love those  models, the quality is superior, but  hearing these customer service stories , they need to make things right in order to rebuild their credability with in the community of collectors .

#29 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:21 PM

View Postgt man, on 21 October 2009 - 04:09 PM, said:

when do think the 956 rothman, set  and the Newman car predicted release, and why when you set a payment plan, do they call and request , pay pal, american express, or check for their products now, from reading some of these coments from other member , as a new collector , i purchase 5 models on the payment plan , i am concern i am going to get screwed by them. why did, e-bay suspend there account? i love those  models, the quality is superior, but  hearing these customer service stories , they need to make things right in order to rebuild their credability with in the community of collectors .

No joke! Posted Image I had forgotten all about that! I'd also like to have the Newman car. Okay, okay I'd love to have the Newman car. But not at retail and not from Exoto! Posted Image
Justin

#30 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:53 PM

Oh here's one. I wanted to order a L322 Schuco firetruck from your webstore. I called the ordering place and they said they only take American Express and not Visa because the Visa machine broke, and the phone lady told me that it has been broken for over a month. She also explained how she is missing out on commission on lots of orders because many customers call her with Visa cards. Why do you not get your credit card system fixed so that your employees can earn the money they should be earning/ making it more inconvenient for the customer to spend their money on your website? Sometimes, it's easier for people to call in rather than paying via the website.

#31 OFFLINE   alpkop

alpkop

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:1/18, web design, R/C
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/EXOTO/BBR
  • Proud Citizen of: tr

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:19 AM

View PostMarkus, on 21 October 2009 - 03:17 PM, said:

Here's one:

Why do I get an email saying a model is on sale at $99.99 and then i click the link in the same email and the price has doubled, with no explanation given.

i sent email about same subject,
they told me that there was an error on pricing.
Then they sent the same mail again with corrected prices.
Alp
diecastturk.com
Istanbul

#32 OFFLINE   Super Snail

Super Snail

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2174 posts
  • Interests:Sportscars, Prototype racers, Motorcycles, Cobra's, GT40's, Porsche
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:22 AM

I'd forgotten about the Porsche 956 too and the 936 can you add when are these going to be produced too.
Steve

#33 OFFLINE   gt man

gt man

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:34 AM

I copy this from a consumer complaint site.

Exoto Models Rip Off on Refund

Exoto 1/18 scale model cars
Exoto, Inc
Exoto Inc
Attn: Tony Keusseyan
5440 Atlantis Court
Moorpark, CA, 93021-7101
USA
Moorpark, Ca 93021-7101
CA
exoto.cam

Exoto 1/18 scale automobile models rip-off Canadian consumers. I have been writing and phoning them to get a refund for a defective model for over a year. They keep stalling so now I cannot get a refund from the credit card company as too much time has elapsed.

I have supplied them with all documents and they keep stalling.

The model I ordered came shipped by UPS. It came COD for extra charges I had not agreed to, so I refused delivery and UPS has returned the merchandise to the seller.

They acknowledge receipt of the return and promised a speedy refund to my Visa account. I have spoken to them after each of my Visa statements arrived and they promised the credit would be on my next statement. This has been going on since last June. I phone them, they make promises but still no credit.

The merchant is: Exoto Inc

5440 Atlantis Court

Moorpark, CA, 93021-7101

Phone: 1-800-872-2088

This is the timeline of this dispute.

May 21/08

� Order placed for a car model, cost US$177.60

� They ship order

May 27/08

� Order arrives via UPS with COD for $21.18 for brokerage

� I had asked order to be mailed not sent UPS

� Model was defective

June 9/08

� Phoned Exoto, customer service rep, Shane

� I told him I did not want a replacement as quality was poor

� He said to ship model back and they would credit my Visa acct

� Ship model back via Canada Post Expedited Service with Tracking number

� June 20/08 Post office delivers returned model to them

June 27/08

� Exoto ships replacement without consulting me, against my express conversation with Shane on June 9/08

July 15/08

� UPS attempts deliver with COD fee.

� I refuse to accept package

� UPS ships package back to Exoto

August 10/08

� UPS returns package to Exoto

Aug 12/08

� Phone Exoto, speak to Shane

� He says credit will be on my next Visa statement

Sept 22/08

� No credit on Visa statement

� Leave voice mail message for Tony, company manager

Oct 14/08

� Phone Exoto, speak to Shane

� He says credit should have been on Sept statement, will check with their accounting dept, credit will be issued within a week

� Accountant was sick

� Will phone me back when credit posted

� No call back

Nov 21/08

� Phone Exoto, still no credit, speak to Shane

� He says credit should have been issued, he will speak with manager Tony and get it processes ASAP

Dec 22/08

� Phoned Exoto, Shane is off sick, on one else can deal with matter

� Leave voice mail message for Tony (manager) recapping the problem

Dec 23/08

� Phoned Extoto, Shane is sick, no one else can deal with refunds they say

Jan 23/09

� Phoned Exoto, Shane not available today

� Left voice mail message about the delays for Tony the manager

� No response

Feb 09

� Numerous letters go unanswered

March 09

More letters and phone calls go unanswered.

So in short, I acted in good faith with this company. They have their product back, I never accepted delivery and I am out US$177.60.

I realize that this dispute has dragged on excessively, but I believed they were sincere just inept at accounting matters. Each time I phoned, I was told the credit would be on my next statement but it never came. I now believe that they are dragging this out indefinitely with no intention of a refund.

#34 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3652 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:01 AM

Dear Mr. President,

What are the next five 'actual' (non fictious) new product releases - i.e. completely new models.

After years of promising Porsche 956s, Ferrari F50s, Aston Martin Vanquishes they release out of the blue some little known Nissan Le Mans contender? WTF?

My question really is when is the BS going to stop - its obvious there are lots of dedicated collectors willing to part with their hard earned that are now losing their patience.

Regards

One very loyal, yet highly frustrated customer, that demands some honesty!

Posted Image

#35 OFFLINE   Super Snail

Super Snail

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2174 posts
  • Interests:Sportscars, Prototype racers, Motorcycles, Cobra's, GT40's, Porsche
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:31 AM

Another question has Shane been trained in giving incorrect answers and telling lie's. Every time I ring about the Chaparral 2J I'm told 4th quater of the year this; wil be the third year of 4th quater? Any comments?
Steve

#36 OFFLINE   JV97

JV97

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 728 posts
  • Favorite Brands:No loyalties.....they're all just businesses

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:32 AM

Another one for 'will Exoto be releasing a 1969 Gulf GT40'?

#37 OFFLINE   diecastmm

diecastmm

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 460 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, Kyosho, Minichamps, Spark

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:01 AM

Quite obviously, there are a lot of disgruntled Exoto customers on this forum.   I know that for the past number of years, the catalogues I have gotten from Exoto have shown the Aston Martin Vanquish, the Ferrari 275 GTB/4 and other models that have not yet made the light of day.   Those two models in particular I would jump on in a heartbeat if I knew they were being released, but I'm not doing a pre-order based on the company's history of not coming out with models despite their promoting them for years.
I have a number of Exoto models in my collection including  10 Cobras and GT40s and have been very pleased with all of them.   But, I have not ordered any Exoto products in a number of years because (1) they have not brought out any new and exciting models that really made me want to pull the trigger and order them (2), repeated dissatisfaction from numerous other customers in not getting what they have ordered, etc.   I think it's a shame that a company which has, in the past, built such nice quality models (in my humble opinion), would apparently not understand the importance of quality public relations and seek a speedy resolution to these ongoing problems.

#38 OFFLINE   JV97

JV97

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 728 posts
  • Favorite Brands:No loyalties.....they're all just businesses

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:04 AM

Another one. I need a left hand side window (left side as you look at the car head on) window for an R89C but can't get a reply when asking for a spare. Anyway I can fast track the process?

#39 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:34 AM

View PostJV Collector, on 23 October 2009 - 09:04 AM, said:

Another one. I need a left hand side window (left side as you look at the car head on) window for an R89C but can't get a reply when asking for a spare. Anyway I can fast track the process?

I'm sorry but that's never going to happen. There are customers who have been trying for years to get refunds on double charges and returns who finally walked away realizing that Exoto had stolen from them. Posted Image
Justin

#40 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 4272 posts
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)
  • Number of Models:1/10th: 2; 1/12th: 1; 1/18th: 176; 1/43rd: 5
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, GMP, Minichamps, Carousel 1, Auto Art

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

I'm not going to join the crowd and ask about release dates for specific models as my choices would encompass most of Exoto's eternally promised "coming-out" list. I would like to see the many questions about Exoto's questionable business practices and customer service addressed and an honest DETAILED release schedule through 2010 - anything after that is purely dreamland unless the Exoto prez is willing to state that specific issues are in pre-production for later dates.
I just want someone whose baggage goes with mine [from "Rent"]...
- Red

My 1/18th collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...16/#entry557038

My 1/43rd collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...d-riverside-300

#41 OFFLINE   gt man

gt man

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

when are you sitting down with the president, are you going submit the questions , to allow a responce or you going in there cold and fire away?

#42 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:01 PM

What [1:1] car/s does he own?

Edited by S40, 24 October 2009 - 09:01 PM.

#43 Guest_ExtremelyOCD_*

Guest_ExtremelyOCD_*

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:52 PM

After seeing how much you've pissed off your customers and how much bad blood you've created;

1. Considering all the communications so many have had, are you aware of all the problems?  If not, how could you possibly not be aware of them?  If so, do you have any plan to attempt to make things right with everyone you've tried to screw over?

2. What steps are going to be taken if any, to correct your incompentant customer service and get it to a level that the quality of your product deserves? (actually a compliment here, Outstanding product, horrible treatment of customers though).

3. Are you wearing body armor for this interview Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by ExtremelyOCD, 25 October 2009 - 01:53 PM.

#44 OFFLINE   DC4ME

DC4ME

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1314 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, BBR, Auto Art and many more.
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:10 PM

Hello,

I have been away from this forum for awhile and just saw this post. To me, Exoto is a description of ALL that is HORRIBLE in a company. Like a previous post, i have had items shipped via UPS to me in Canada after practically begging Shane (customer service manager ) to ship via USPS. A brokerage fee is always charged to us. I do not mind paying taxes but this fee is a UPS cash cow. My last order was about 2 years ago with them and i honestly was worried that they were going out of business. It was months before i received them. I did pay the UPS charge twice on a shipment that should have been together (extra $70.00). Talking to Shane is like having a conversation with a wall. The only difference is the wall cares!

I will NEVER, EVER, EVER buy from them again! I would like to get the latest Ferrari 156 but i will not support such a AWFULL company. Please tell the president, Tony K.   GOOD LUCK!!!!

Gilles

#45 OFFLINE   JJZ109er

JJZ109er

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2415 posts
  • Interests:1/18 diecast Ferrari Mustang Bugatti Audi BMW AM Porsche Ford GT40 Chaparral. History/World Affairs. Sci-Fi. Airshows, Auto Racing(IMSA, LM, ALMS, Indycar, F1)
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart-Maisto-Kyosho-Exoto-Mattel

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

I was the first to respond to this topic and in my response I enquired about the release of a Ford GT40(MK I) version and that the best the market has to offer at the moment is a Jouef-Evolution 1966 version in Gulf colours. A company that doesn't exist anymore as far as I know. In the past 2 days I was bidding for one on ebay in hopes of doing a mod by repainting it to the model I would like Exoto to release. I lost that bid. That $20 budget model sold for $50US. So there is a market for the original Ford GT40
"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you." - BATMAN BEGINS

#46 OFFLINE   Mclarenman50

Mclarenman50

• DX Community
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Any type of auto racing, good food, import beer and fighter jets, any size diecast cars.
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Kyosho, CMC, Hot Wheels

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:59 AM

Basically, my only question is how Exoto can take my money on a preorder (Chaparral 2J w/chassis)and not have the product ready to ship?  I ordered it  in April of 2005.  I know the Exoto marches to the bet of their own drum but come on.  What scares me is that with all the eggs in one basket(Ferrari 156) I feel they've neglected the wrest of the product line.  So when will I really see 2J that I've already bought?  All he has to do is give honest answers, but in this stage of the game, I(we) won't know what will be an honest or fabricated. I hope he has the time to take all the questions that are posted here, but I'd be surprised.

#47 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 4272 posts
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)
  • Number of Models:1/10th: 2; 1/12th: 1; 1/18th: 176; 1/43rd: 5
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, GMP, Minichamps, Carousel 1, Auto Art

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:49 AM

View PostJersey_Devil, on 23 October 2009 - 11:06 AM, said:

I'm not going to join the crowd and ask about release dates for specific models as my choices would encompass most of Exoto's eternally promised "coming-out" list. I would like to see the many questions about Exoto's questionable business practices and customer service addressed and an honest DETAILED release schedule through 2010 - anything after that is purely dreamland unless the Exoto prez is willing to state that specific issues are in pre-production for later dates.

Thought of another question when I saw it posted on a collector's personal blog: Why doesn't Exoto get rid of the "rolling chassis" versions of so many models? I have never heard a collector say he or she wants to pay a premium to get a particular model (such as the Chaparral 2D and 2J or the '66 Le Mans 1st and 2nd place Ford GT Mk. II's) for the extra chassis. If they think there truly is a market for that, offer those models WITH and WITHOUT the extra chassis! That would give them a clear picture of whether such a demand exists; right now, it only appears to be a way to jack the prices up 50%.

One of the appeals of Exoto models is the detail of the complete model, which permits posing with the chassis open for display; an extra, bodyless chassis is redundant. Whether true or not, this just comes across as a way for them to force collectors to pay extra for specific versions of a car since they are only offered with the rolling chassis. This does not make the manufacturer appear customer-friendly - just greedy.

Edited by Jersey_Devil, 28 October 2009 - 11:51 AM.

I just want someone whose baggage goes with mine [from "Rent"]...
- Red

My 1/18th collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...16/#entry557038

My 1/43rd collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...d-riverside-300

#48 OFFLINE   goldenrsx

goldenrsx

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Exoto, Minichamps (1/43)

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

Did the interview happen?  How big is this the company?  Why do they have sales everyweek instead of lowering the price of those older models?

#49 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6036 posts
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:37 PM

I don't mean to dig up an old post, but what did ever become of this? Just curious. http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/questionmark.gif

Edited by Biblitect, 26 May 2010 - 02:38 PM.

#50 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10816 posts
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

View PostBiblitect, on 26 May 2010 - 02:37 PM, said:

I don't mean to dig up an old post, but what did ever become of this? Just curious. http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/questionmark.gif
Exoto is still screwing with their customers   :occasion14:

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.