Where to buy 1/18 BBS rims? - Aftermarket parts & Materials - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Where to buy 1/18 BBS rims?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_vsvs_*

Guest_vsvs_*

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

Hi guys I am new to this forum.

Just started collecting 1/18 diecast model cars a few months ago.... Currently have the autoart ccx, cgt, gt3, and murcielago. Also have a slr that was a gift from my dealer. And a burango reventon.
I also ordered a veyron from autoart that is currently being modifed by modell-lichtsysteme (you can find it on youtube). What are the top quality die cast car brands you guys recommend? Anyways heres my introduction, lol.

Back to topic, would anyone happen to know where can I find those 1/18 BBS style wheels? Ones with good qualities that I can put on my collection.

BTW is it confirmed that kyosho will re-release the m3 e46 in new metallic colours, specifically the phoenix yellow?

Thanks.

Edited by vsvs, 13 March 2010 - 09:57 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   m_power

m_power

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3220 posts
  • Interests:European and Japanese cars, Women, Top Gear, Food, Photography, Watches
  • Favorite Brands:MR
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:08 PM

Welcome aboard. Look around and you'll find a thread on the E46 M3 cabrio and you'll see that it's been cancelled..from what I know there are no re-releases unless someone corrects me. You'll have to grab one off ebay. Seems like you got a great start on your collection though. Minichamps, Autoart and Kyosho is probably what you should stick to judging by what you have now.

BBS rims are hard to find unless you're looking to put down some serious money for aluminum ones. There are plently of BBS style rims on ebay but personally I tihnk they're too small. Most from what I've seen are scaled from 17" rims with low pros that will look tiny on most cars. Enjoy the forum!  :rolleyes:

Is that your M3 in your pic?

Edited by m_power, 13 March 2010 - 10:08 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   Seby123

Seby123

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2441 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: de

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:18 PM

theres heaps of plastic/resin BBS rims too, but if you want them to look real, you'd have to get real aluminium ones.

Cheers,
Sebastian

My Collection |
Latest addition: 1/18 GT Spirit LB Performance BMW M4

#4 Guest_vsvs_*

Guest_vsvs_*

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:30 PM

View Postm_power, on 13 March 2010 - 10:08 PM, said:

Welcome aboard. Look around and you'll find a thread on the E46 M3 cabrio and you'll see that it's been cancelled..from what I know there are no re-releases unless someone corrects me. You'll have to grab one off ebay. Seems like you got a great start on your collection though. Minichamps, Autoart and Kyosho is probably what you should stick to judging by what you have now.

BBS rims are hard to find unless you're looking to put down some serious money for aluminum ones. There are plently of BBS style rims on ebay but personally I tihnk they're too small. Most from what I've seen are scaled from 17" rims with low pros that will look tiny on most cars. Enjoy the forum! Posted Image

Is that your M3 in your pic?

Oh is it? That is too bad because i am not a big fan of the quality of the kyosho and autoart m3 e46... probably because they are pretty old. The recent kyosho ones with csl rims are pretty nice, but they dont offer colour in PY. In terms of quality, are minichamps, autoart and kyosho roughly the same?

Thanks and yup that is my m3, was a good chick magnet back then, lol.

View PostSeby123, on 13 March 2010 - 10:18 PM, said:

theres heaps of plastic/resin BBS rims too, but if you want them to look real, you'd have to get real aluminium ones.

m_power and seby123, can you tell me where I can find these aluminium ones? Thanks.

#5 OFFLINE   m_power

m_power

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3220 posts
  • Interests:European and Japanese cars, Women, Top Gear, Food, Photography, Watches
  • Favorite Brands:MR
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:40 PM

Couldn't tell you where to get them..aluminum rims are mostly sold on German websites and cost an arm and a leg and shipping from Germany is super expensive. Try searching on ebay and you may find something. Minichamps/AUTOart/Kyosho are on the same playing field in terms of quality. I thought AUTOart's quality of M3s were superb. I'm almost certain the E46 line aren't being re-released.

#6 Guest_vsvs_*

Guest_vsvs_*

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

Can you please tell me the usual prices for these aluminum ones? Some of the ones I see on ebay cost about 20 euro like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...515492818632305

For example, will this be a good buy even though it is only 17"? I can't seem to find any 18" and up.

#7 Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:38 PM

Try here:

http://www.modellautotechnik.de/

http://www.modellbau-nowak.de/

http://www.legende-m...opic/index.html

#8 Guest_vsvs_*

Guest_vsvs_*

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:16 AM

View Post[KRAFTIG], on 13 March 2010 - 11:38 PM, said:

exactly what i was looking for, thanks!

Appreciated it.

#9 OFFLINE   DrWoetR

DrWoetR

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 325 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Whoever makes a decent mid-end BMW 1 M Coupe in Valencia Orange!
  • Proud Citizen of: nl

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:39 AM

View Postm_power, on 13 March 2010 - 10:08 PM, said:

Welcome aboard. Look around and you'll find a thread on the E46 M3 cabrio and you'll see that it's been cancelled..

You're wrong about that. If you read the topic carefully, you'll see that Kyosho are still debating wether they should bring out this model or not.

I'd love some pics of your car, Vsvs!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.