Is it worth the price? 1964 Buick Riviera - Highway 61 | Diecast Promotions - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Is it worth the price? 1964 Buick Riviera

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mr Meccano

Mr Meccano

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Music, movies, books, diecast...
  • Favorite Brands:So far - CMC.
  • Proud Citizen of: se

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

Hi there!

I've found a store where I can order a Highway 61 1964 Buick Riviera in blue for $115 including shipping. Is this a reasonable price?
Forgive me, I'm Swedish.

“I have an important message to deliver to all the cute people all over the world. If you're out there and you're cute, maybe you're beautiful. I just want to tell you somethin' — there's more of us UGLY MOTHERf***ERS than you are, hey-y, so watch out.” - Frank Zappa

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4910 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

Sounds pretty high to me.  I'd expect to pay between $55 - $70 tops.

Sean

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#3 OFFLINE   Mr Meccano

Mr Meccano

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for the answer. I guess we're being ripped off here in Sweden since this price is quite standard here, I was interested to see how the Swedish prices compared internationally.
Forgive me, I'm Swedish.

“I have an important message to deliver to all the cute people all over the world. If you're out there and you're cute, maybe you're beautiful. I just want to tell you somethin' — there's more of us UGLY MOTHERf***ERS than you are, hey-y, so watch out.” - Frank Zappa

#4 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4910 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:36 PM

Have you tried looking at our sponsors or looking to get one from another country - like the US?  You may end up spending a little more on shipping, but may come out spending less overall.

Sean

Posted Image

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#5 OFFLINE   Autobahn

Autobahn

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3294 posts
  • Interests:F1, TopGear, and the St. Louis Cardinals
  • Number of Models:140
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit, Norev, OTTO

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:50 PM

The price you were quoted is a bit high, but at its regular price (plus a little extra for shipping to Sweden, of course) it is definitely worth the money.  I had a couple of Rivieras in my collection at one point, and I regret getting rid of them.  I'm going to add another one at some point in the future, although I'm trying to decide whether to get another 1964 model or wait for one of the 1963 Rivieras that Highway 61 will release later this year.
Matt

Recent Purchases:
Auto World 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS, Blue Velvet Metallic
OTTO Ford Focus RS, Frozen White

#6 OFFLINE   Mr Meccano

Mr Meccano

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:22 AM

Ducati-900SS, on 08 May 2010 - 07:36 PM, said:

Have you tried looking at our sponsors or looking to get one from another country - like the US?  You may end up spending a little more on shipping, but may come out spending less overall.

Sean
Haven't tried anything like that since I don't have PayPal or anything like that. I haven't even got a credit card.

Edited by Mr Meccano, 09 May 2010 - 02:23 AM.

Forgive me, I'm Swedish.

#7 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4910 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:45 AM

Mr Meccano, on 09 May 2010 - 02:22 AM, said:

Haven't tried anything like that since I don't have PayPal or anything like that. I haven't even got a credit card.
Paypal is easy to use, I haven't had any problems with it.  You can link it to a bank account to access your money.

You can have my credit cards if you like.  However, they come max'd out!    :occasion14:

Sean

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Mr Meccano

Mr Meccano

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for the offer on the credit cards, I'll pass though. I know PayPal is very easy to use, the only reason I haven't got it is that it would probably ruin me even faster than I'm doing without it since it would mean a very easy access to not only diecast but also other stuff that I collect.

Edited by Mr Meccano, 09 May 2010 - 10:52 AM.

Forgive me, I'm Swedish.

#9 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4910 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

:lol:

It's best to keep yourself out of trouble!  

Sean

Posted Image

#10 Guest_Smith_*

Guest_Smith_*

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:01 AM

Of course guy its exact price to buy because this same price my brother has buy same model because i know its a true price.

Thanks for share with me !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.