1/18 Diorama Accessories - Aftermarket parts & Materials - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1/18 Diorama Accessories

4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   reisenr32

reisenr32

• DX Community
  • 50 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTO Art
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:03 AM

Everybody,

What are some good websites that have diorama accessories. I'm looking to build a 1/18 scale portion of Fuji Speedway when I retire and want to start getting my accessories little by little until that time comes. I've seen alot of items on EBAY. What I'm looking for are the garage items like tires workbenches lifts stuff like that. Any help would be appreciated.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   fvtalon

fvtalon

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 255 posts
  • Favorite Brands:cmc, kyo, maisto
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

GMP has some tool sets.  They've got a pretty decent selection, from big shop equipment and 2 and 4 post hoists down to an oil change kit with ramps and a drain pan.  Also check out TrueScale Miniatures, they have 2 kits of Snap-On branded accessories.  While the GMP tools are all metal I would say the TrueScale offers better detail and realism with mostly plastic construction.  Both company's sets have some nice tools in them though.  

If you like figures too, GMP offers mechanic figures and TrueScale has some pit crew figure sets either coming out soon or just released in a few differe liveries.

#3 OFFLINE   ayaxr

ayaxr

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1058 posts
  • Favorite Brands:HWE, AUTOart, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: pa

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

1/18 lifts are hard to come by unfortunately, and the ones you do find are really charging megabucks for them :(   But fvtalon is right about all the other stuff.

#4 OFFLINE   reisenr32

reisenr32

• DX Community
  • 50 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTO Art
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:35 AM

Thanks for answering my question. I bought a set of both to see and like them. You're right Snap On is in better detail. I was also looking for lifts but they were hard to find so I emailed GMP and here's the reply:

We are planning on carrying the lifts again, but they are not currently in production. We do not have an arrival date at this time, but any announcements/updates will be posted to the GMP website.

Regards,

Bekah Panyard
Customer Service
GMP Diecast Replicas

#5 OFFLINE   ayaxr

ayaxr

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1058 posts
  • Favorite Brands:HWE, AUTOart, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: pa

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:24 AM

View Postreisenr32, on 18 February 2011 - 07:35 AM, said:

Thanks for answering my question. I bought a set of both to see and like them. You're right Snap On is in better detail. I was also looking for lifts but they were hard to find so I emailed GMP and here's the reply:

We are planning on carrying the lifts again, but they are not currently in production. We do not have an arrival date at this time, but any announcements/updates will be posted to the GMP website.

Regards,

Bekah Panyard
Customer Service
GMP Diecast Replicas

Seems like thats been the case for a long time now... Thx for posting their reply though. Good luck with your Diorama, and share some pics when you're going thru the build :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.