Aftermarket wheel sets - Aftermarket parts & Materials - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums - Page 2

Aftermarket wheel sets

150 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

View PostBlitz, on 05 March 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

Seeing those GTO wheels has me salivating man!    :giggle:    Not sure which one will get the switch but my 458's are begging for the wheel swap!  Have you considered the Ferrari Sport Seats too?  Example:  Miami Vice F430 Spyder (I think these are the same used in the 599 Fiorano.

Posted Image

The 599 seats in Daytona trim are on the agenda.

I just experimented with some old resin I had left over from Micro Mark that sets a little slower and it solved the issues. Right now I tried the same resin with black dye and will see how that would work.
The resin I am expecting is going to be higher quality, so I just consider the problem solved. Now I just need to make them , package them and put them on the web.

View Postcorrupted, on 05 March 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

What resin are you using? Is it the micro mark stuff? Also are you injecting your molds or pouring? Also on your wheel molds, Try filling both sides of the mold and then put them together. That way there is resin in the area where you are having problems. The resin will stick to the sides and have less of a chance of bubbles. You can also try talc powder. That helps draw the resin into it which eliminates bubbles. I rarely have to use it, but I do if I have issues or am working with a difficult mold. Anyway, They are looking good otherwise. Good luck with the rest of them.

I am using Alumilite resin that comes already black. What you are saying about putting resin on the halves before closing them is impossible in my case. I agree with everything, but I just need different resin. The only reason why I am having the issue is because I got resin that has 90 seconds before it starts setting, so it is already too thick for the air to escape. Like I said I think the problem is solved.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   corrupted

corrupted

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1267 posts
  • Favorite Brands:0
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:53 PM

That's good.

#28 OFFLINE   ratmfan

ratmfan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Favorite Brands:No brand loyalty, I just like exotic cars

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

wow, those look like they will be great! i cant wait to see what else is in the pipeline, and how they look all finished up!

#29 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:25 AM

Latest news

The issues with the wheels and the seats are resolved.  :giggle:
It took me quite some time and few failed attempts with the tires, but I believe this is sorted out too now. I just have to make molds for a couple more tires, as I have 5 different wheel designs so far ready, but only one tire. The other design should fit three of the wheels, and then I need a tire for the AMGs, which is tricky if I make the rears wider.
Anyway, the Scuderia and 599 GTO seats are available. I am just figuring out the packaging. They are $8,00 for a set of two and can be had in black, gray or white resin.

#30 OFFLINE   ayaxr

ayaxr

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1058 posts
  • Favorite Brands:HWE, AUTOart, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: pa

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:52 AM

Awesome, do you have a site setup already? how will the purchases be done?

#31 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:37 AM

View Postayaxr, on 07 March 2011 - 02:52 AM, said:

Awesome, do you have a site setup already? how will the purchases be done?

The site is active, but is under construction, as I need to make some pictures and upload them. I am also having issues with the e-mail of the site.
Anyway, you can check it out
www.diecastcustoms.com

#32 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:12 AM

The seat sets will look something like this.

Posted Image

#33 OFFLINE   ayaxr

ayaxr

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1058 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:16 AM

Cool, great name lol, surprised it wasnt taken yet.

#34 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:25 AM

View Postayaxr, on 07 March 2011 - 05:16 AM, said:

Cool, great name lol, surprised it wasnt taken yet.

Right? I was pretty shocked too, to be honest. Well, my company's name is actually mrm models, but I thought that for a website it needed the words "diecast" and "custom" in it.
 :occasion14:

#35 OFFLINE   bruinne

bruinne

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 545 posts
  • Favorite Brands:auto art
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:27 AM

1 set of uli's 19 " wheel cost me US$ 75 with shipping and western unnion  fee, wonder how much will the GTO's wheel for my scud cost me...
Posted Image

#36 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:33 AM

View Postbruinne, on 07 March 2011 - 05:27 AM, said:

1 set of uli's 19 " wheel cost me US$ 75 with shipping and western unnion  fee, wonder how much will the GTO's wheel for my scud cost me...

In resin or from aluminum? I am making them only from resin for now. And it would cost you $21 plus whatever the shipping is.  :occasion14:

#37 OFFLINE   bruinne

bruinne

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 545 posts
  • Favorite Brands:auto art
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:58 AM

Resin, I'll wait till the alonso 458 out so you can copy the seat hehehehe
Posted Image

#38 OFFLINE   ayaxr

ayaxr

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1058 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:03 AM

View Postmrm, on 07 March 2011 - 05:33 AM, said:

it would cost you $21 plus whatever the shipping is.  :occasion14:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#39 OFFLINE   ayaxr

ayaxr

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1058 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:34 AM

Sorry to double post, but quick question, from which model do the Challenge wheels originate from ? The main reason I have not bought a 599 GTB is because I see the wheels as being severely too small... from the looks of these they look to be about the same size as the GTOs?

#40 OFFLINE   Blitz

Blitz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2081 posts
  • Favorite Brands:depends on the subject matter

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:31 AM

I'd prefer the GT wheels to the Challenge wheels.  It's only a slight difference but I like the concave shape to the bowed out convex Challenge wheels.  Just me.   :occasion14:

#41 OFFLINE   cyrus43

cyrus43

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1628 posts
  • Favorite Brands:HWE
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:14 AM

Forget the Ferrari wheels!! When is my lllloooonnnnngggg awaited Monoblocks Ready?? :D

#42 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

View Postcyrus43, on 07 March 2011 - 11:14 AM, said:

Forget the Ferrari wheels!! When is my lllloooonnnnngggg awaited Monoblocks Ready?? :D

Which monoblocks?
The C43 monoblocks are almost ready. The CL63 monoblocks are in the mail on their way to me, together with the Brabus monoblocks s and another AMG monoblock. As soon as they arrive I'll work on making them, which would take no more than a week. But they need to make it here first.

About the challenge wheels. I am using the ones that came on the 360 Challenge Stradale. I chose them, because they are right in size, fit a variety of tires and vehicles and have a five bolt pattern. They are as concave as a Challenge rim has ever been.

#43 OFFLINE   ayaxr

ayaxr

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1058 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

View Postmrm, on 07 March 2011 - 12:01 PM, said:

View Postcyrus43, on 07 March 2011 - 11:14 AM, said:

Which monoblocks?
The C43 monoblocks are almost ready. The CL63 monoblocks are in the mail on their way to me, together with the Brabus monoblocks s and another AMG monoblock. As soon as they arrive I'll work on making them, which would take no more than a week. But they need to make it here first.

About the challenge wheels. I am using the ones that came on the 360 Challenge Stradale. I chose them, because they are right in size, fit a variety of tires and vehicles and have a five bolt pattern. They are as concave as a Challenge rim has ever been.

Great thanks for the reply, that means I'll be able to finally get a GTB and have it with accurate wheel sizes :D

Great to hear about the AMGs as well.

Let us know as soon as the site is live for orders!

#44 OFFLINE   RARE 5.0

RARE 5.0

• DX Community
  • 85 posts
  • Favorite Brands:gmp

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

Can someone make 03 cobra 10th anv wheels i need a few sets for my maisto cobras and my gmp notch that i buit to look like my real mustang.
i have tried the audi wheel but they seem to big.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

I wouldn't mind, but I definitely have my hands full at the moment. Corrupted maybe can jump on this one.

#46 OFFLINE   Autobahn

Autobahn

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3294 posts
  • Interests:F1, TopGear, and the St. Louis Cardinals
  • Number of Models:140
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit, Norev, OTTO

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

Everything is looking great so far!  Keep us posted on your progress!
Matt

Recent Purchases:
Auto World 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS, Blue Velvet Metallic
OTTO Ford Focus RS, Frozen White

#47 OFFLINE   Blitz

Blitz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2081 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

Found some examples of Challenge and GT wheels to show how the Challenge spokes bow out vs. the GT spokes.  After looking at them back to back I've decided that besides the obvious differences there, maybe I just don't like the mesh pattern on the Challenge at all.  (sigh)

Anxiously await the site being operational (sounds so Death Star to me), the Novitec/Hamann wheels and being able to order wheels within the continental U.S. period!  Hahaha

#48 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:34 PM

Things don't look so great for the aluminum rims (Hamann included) This absolutely does not mean I am not going to make them still, but they might end up costing a little more as it looks like I will have to turn them one by one myself. I still haven't given up finding a reasonable shop to make them for me tho.  :occasion14:

#49 OFFLINE   Blitz

Blitz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2081 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:45 PM

How about this?...which rims were you going to offer in aluminum?  Depending on the details of the what and the which, I would obligate myself to a set or two if you wanted to test the waters.  I'd like to see the POSSIBILITY on this hemisphere rather than suffer the alternative.    :occasion14:

#50 OFFLINE   corrupted

corrupted

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1267 posts
  • Favorite Brands:0

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:26 PM

View PostRARE 5.0, on 07 March 2011 - 03:14 PM, said:

Can someone make 03 cobra 10th anv wheels i need a few sets for my maisto cobras and my gmp notch that i buit to look like my real mustang.
i have tried the audi wheel but they seem to big.

View Postmrm, on 07 March 2011 - 03:18 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind, but I definitely have my hands full at the moment. Corrupted maybe can jump on this one.

Are you just looking for these in resin? I can look into it and see what I can come up with. How much smaller than the audi wheel?
mrm. I'll be meeting with the machinist this week and I'll get you some info. and hopefully he can give you a better price. Especially since you have the cad files already. I just bought 3d cad software today and have been playing with it. I think I need a PHD in mechanical engineering to use it, hehehe. I must say though this is gunna change the way I make stuff. It's totally awesome. I also found a cnc mill with every add on attatchment, and it runs with computer 3d cad software. It's nothing like what they will use to make my wheels, but at least I'll be able to make all the masters a lot easier.

View PostBlitz, on 07 March 2011 - 05:45 PM, said:

How about this?...which rims were you going to offer in aluminum?  Depending on the details of the what and the which, I would obligate myself to a set or two if you wanted to test the waters.  I'd like to see the POSSIBILITY on this hemisphere rather than suffer the alternative.    :occasion14:
That is what I am doing. Build one or 2 sets and see what happens. Then go from there. It won't be long before I jump in with both feet.

mrm... I like the packaging. Are you having issues with loading pics or just don't have time? If you're having issues let me know. I can see if I can help. It sounds more like a time issue though.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.