advice with a Diecast purchase...hwy 61 Challenger - Highway 61 | Diecast Promotions - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

advice with a Diecast purchase...hwy 61 Challenger

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jon Mopar

Jon Mopar

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 505 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Hwy 61, Brookfield, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:18 PM

Thought I would get some 2nd opinions from you guys.. I'm looking at a Hwy 61 Challenger Concept (2006) an acquaintance is selling. Made for the Mopars at the Strip carshow, so it has their logo on the roof and is 1 or 100. Otherwise it's a normal Chally....the concept challengers aren't nearly as preferred as production versions. My Q is this: Does minor stuff like this honestly do anything to the value??? Im intrigued by the rarity, as Mopars at the Strip is a good show, otherwise I wouldn't give this car a 2nd look. Normally a hwy 61 Challenger concept would be between $29-45ish, but am not sure what a good offer on this would be. I haven't found another like it.

thanks for any advice

Edited by Jon Mopar, 14 March 2011 - 01:35 PM.

I ran out of space long ago, but that hasn't stopped me! :rolleyes:

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4910 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

I wouldn't think so even though the Mopars on the Strip is one of the biggest shows for Mopar nuts.  I wouldn't pay top dollar for it, I just don't see that big of a resale value for it.  Just look at the stuff from the Mopar Nats they they haven't sold yet:  http://www.moparnats.org/DieCast.htm

However, if you can get it at the going rates for the Challenger Concepts, and you like it - I'd say go for it!!!

Sean

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#3 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:04 PM

I would be shocked if any of the Highway 61 Challengers have any real collector value. There are so many of the original concept cars still on shelves!
Justin

#4 OFFLINE   Jon Mopar

Jon Mopar

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 505 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Hwy 61, Brookfield, AUTOart

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

thanks for the advice guys.....confirms my suspicions. A Run of the mill diecast w/limited ed. marking is still a run-of-the-mill diecast. I had Maisto's version, managed to sell if for decent money before the production version hit the market. Was glad I did, because they're not worth much
I ran out of space long ago, but that hasn't stopped me! :rolleyes:

#5 OFFLINE   el docum

el docum

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1419 posts
  • Favorite Brands:All nice models

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:00 PM

I think 70-71 Challenger got a better value; look for the limited editions, like Mr. Norm, or nice T/A, or rare colors.

Anyway when you want to sell it, it's often another story, no one want to pay; it's hard to find serious buyers who got some money in their wallet.

#6 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10816 posts
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:32 PM

View PostJon Mopar, on 14 March 2011 - 04:38 PM, said:

thanks for the advice guys.....confirms my suspicions. A Run of the mill diecast w/limited ed. marking is still a run-of-the-mill diecast. I had Maisto's version, managed to sell if for decent money before the production version hit the market. Was glad I did, because they're not worth much

:bawling: They still sold at Sam's this past Christmas for $11.88! Of course they would not bring much.

As for your original question, unless it was made by Diecast Promotion themselves and the packaging was special and it had a certificate, I would venture to say that it is not worth more than the base model.
I wouldn't pay more then the base model goes for.   :hope:

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.