mrm models news and upcoming products - Aftermarket parts & Materials - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums - Page 3

mrm models news and upcoming products

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
230 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   m_power

m_power

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3220 posts
  • Interests:European and Japanese cars, Women, Top Gear, Food, Photography, Watches
  • Favorite Brands:MR
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:00 PM

Yea sorry you're right they're practically the same.   :wavetowel2:

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#52 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hey MRM, excited that you're back on here. I'm still excited for the Brabus and AMG rims. I want to put them on my Norev E coupe and cabriolet. The measurements would be nice, and a realistic ETA. I'd also like some 599GTO seats to go with them, you'll save an extra pair for me?

#53 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:02 AM

Hey guys. sorry for the silence for a couple of weeks, but I have been busy.

So, first things first- the measurements.

The CL63 AMG wheels have a wheel only diameter of 30.5mm / with the tire mounted - 37mm / front width 13.5mm  / rear width 14.5mm . These are staggered

The Brabus Monoblock S have a wheel only diameter of 30.5mm / with the tire mounted 35.5 / front width 13mm  / rear width 14.5mm . They are not staggered as the 1:1 are not either.

The 5 star AMG monoblocks have a wheel only diameter of 27.5mm / with the tire mounted 35mm / front and rear width 13mm. These are identical front and rear.

I have taken all the measurement and rounded them off, as a 0.2mm would not make much of  a difference when mounted.

About estimated time for the 4 MB wheels to be done is hazy  :occasion14: The reason I am saying this is because the wheels and two of the tires are ready. So I need just one more tire and the adapters. To make the adapters I need some models and to take them apart. I will try to get it done within a week from tomorrow.

Now, I have been receiving questions about transkits, aero pieces, body kits etc. I have few in the works. There is going to be a very simple marketing strategy applied to all of them. First a run of 13 complete models using the parts is going to be offered and once it is sold, the parts are going to be available. I am not even going to offer them as complete kits, but as individual parts, as a novitec 360 Spider for example looks better without a rear wing IMO. Or you would like to build one with different wheels etc.
So for starters 13 Hamann 360 Modena and 13 360 Spiders are going to be made. I am already working on the first few. When these are gone, the "lips", wings, cannards etc. are going to be available for purchase. Then the same will happen with 360 Novitecs, 430 Hamann/ Novitec, 599 hamann/novitec, California etc, etc. You get the picture.

The cool thing about it, is that each build will offer involvement from the buyer,  pretty much as if you were having the real thing made by your order from the respective tuning company. The customer chooses the color, the options, carbon fiber elements etc. since a total of 13 will be made from each and there are more than 13 possible combinations for each model, there is a very good chance that you can end up with a unique model. Cost for each one of these is going to be $490 (plus shipping and paypal fees). Considering that a Versus novitec 599 is at $1600 with over 30 bids on e-bay I think that it is more than fair price. The main difference is packaging. I could make my own fancy plinth and charge an extra $200, but I think that I will leave the choice of display case to the customer and save him/her enough money to get another model or something else.

#54 OFFLINE   imitenotbecrazy

imitenotbecrazy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1199 posts
  • Favorite Brands:any

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:08 AM

I like this guy   :occasion14:
Posted Image

#55 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:37 PM

Thanks for the measurements MRM. Something I've also wondered is, would you be willing to pre paint some of the resin aero parts or wrap them in CF decal- obviously for a surcharge?

#56 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

You state that the Brabus Monoblock S are not staggered but you listed two widths. Which is it?

Edited by S40, 14 April 2011 - 09:47 PM.

#57 OFFLINE   bruinne

bruinne

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 545 posts
  • Favorite Brands:auto art
  • Proud Citizen of: id

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:37 PM

mrm, I post the picture of your yellow 458 with GTO wheel on teamspeed.com . Someone interested with the model, but I direct him to your site. Hope it will end well (and a discount item for me-hehe).

Good luck...
Posted Image

#58 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:37 AM

View PostS40, on 14 April 2011 - 09:46 PM, said:

You state that the Brabus Monoblock S are not staggered but you listed two widths. Which is it?

The Brabus wheels have wider rears, but they are not staggered. Meaning they are the same offset. Staggered wheels have the rear centers sitting closer to the center of the wheel than the front ones. Therefore you can have staggered wheels that are the same width and non staggered wheels with different width. The easiest way to explain it is that the Brabus wheels have the same "face" front and rear, but different width. On the CL63 AMG the rears are slightly more concave than the fronts. Same goes for the CSL wheels.

#59 OFFLINE   cyrus43

cyrus43

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1628 posts
  • Favorite Brands:HWE
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:29 AM

Still waiting for the measurements for the CSL wheels buddy!! :D :D :D

#60 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

OOps, sorry cyrus43.

The CSL rims have a diameter of 30mm rim only / 36.5mm with tires mounted / 15mm width rear / 13.5mm width front. They are staggered.

Do you guys need measurements on all the other Ferrari wheels and tires?

#61 OFFLINE   Blitz

Blitz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2081 posts
  • Favorite Brands:depends on the subject matter

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:52 PM

Just saw another idea for you.  The NISMO Skyline S-tune wheels.    :occasion14:

#62 OFFLINE   jandro_f1

jandro_f1

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2098 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Autoart, Kyosho, Minichamps, Exoto, BBR, Spark, HPI
  • Proud Citizen of: cr

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

View PostBlitz, on 15 April 2011 - 10:52 PM, said:

Just saw another idea for you.  The NISMO Skyline S-tune wheels.   Posted Image

That sounds good but also the R35 rims are good for custom modifications on 350Z's, but true the S-tune are almost universal to fit them in any Nissan and if the are matt black or gun metal Posted Image . MRM what happen with the BBS's?? Are there going to be also Porsche rims?? For example like the supercup ones the GT2 ut models have or the BBS's almost every GT3 RSR have?

#63 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

View Postjandro_f1, on 23 May 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

View PostBlitz, on 15 April 2011 - 10:52 PM, said:

Just saw another idea for you.  The NISMO Skyline S-tune wheels.   Posted Image

That sounds good but also the R35 rims are good for custom modifications on 350Z's, but true the S-tune are almost universal to fit them in any Nissan and if the are matt black or gun metal Posted Image . MRM what happen with the BBS's?? Are there going to be also Porsche rims?? For example like the supercup ones the GT2 ut models have or the BBS's almost every GT3 RSR have?

OK guys, here is the reason why I have been quiet for a wile and no new parts have been announced .
The custom wheels and brakes for the Italia are going to be made. And so are all the AMG, BBS, the Nismos and some other Porsche, Mercedes, lambo and tuning goodies.
On 4th and 5th of June are the Heartland Nationals in Kanzas. It is one of the biggest and most prestigious model contests and meetings in the States. I am planning on attending, which means some models that need to be finished at a high level. On top of that I have few orders, like the R33 GTR Nissan, that need to be done within certain time, because of various reasons. This is where all my time and efforts are concentrated right now. After the Nationals everything will go back to schedule.

Here is a sneak peak about the work I am doing now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#64 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:13 PM

WOWOWOW all of your paint jobs are so beautiful! The CF work is also top notch. I'm glad I entrusted you with my project.

#65 OFFLINE   imitenotbecrazy

imitenotbecrazy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1199 posts
  • Favorite Brands:any

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:14 PM

holy shit. that ferrari interior looks amazing. Keep up with the awesome work   :wavetowel2:  also I had a proposition for you but Ill get in contact after the nationals
Posted Image

#66 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:54 PM

View Postimitenotbecrazy, on 23 May 2011 - 08:14 PM, said:

holy shit. that ferrari interior looks amazing. Keep up with the awesome work   :wavetowel2:  also I had a proposition for you but Ill get in contact after the nationals

The carbon fiber on this interior took the better part of a day. The center console is made of 17 pieces that are painstakingly alined with one another to look like one whole piece.

#67 OFFLINE   krish1309

krish1309

Diecast Craver!

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 220 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Hot Wheels Elite, AutoArt, MR collection
  • Proud Citizen of: mu

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:31 PM

Posted Image that ferrari interior is just Posted Image! great job man..

Posted Image Posted Image

#68 OFFLINE   jandro_f1

jandro_f1

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2098 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Autoart, Kyosho, Minichamps, Exoto, BBR, Spark, HPI
  • Proud Citizen of: cr

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:04 PM

Can't wait to see those BBS's, AMG wheels, and with the Brabus why not try to make the a little wider the rim so they can look like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am trying to make those brabus from autoart donors  :wavetowel2: .....

#69 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

Because the Brabus wheel he currently has is the Monoblock S:

http://www.seriouswh...ls-1024x768.jpg

They do not have a lip, even in staggered form so it would be inaccurate if added.

#70 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:06 AM

View PostS40, on 24 May 2011 - 11:14 PM, said:

Because the Brabus wheel he currently has is the Monoblock S:

http://www.seriouswh...ls-1024x768.jpg

They do not have a lip, even in staggered form so it would be inaccurate if added.

TRUE!
But they could be slightly cut - diameter wise and a an alu rim can be made around them with different offsets. It would not be prototypicaly correct with the 1:1 but it can be done and I assume it would look cool.

#71 OFFLINE   DXB88

DXB88

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 220 posts
  • Favorite Brands:auto art
  • Proud Citizen of: ae

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

Posted Image

Cant wait for this !!   :wavetowel2:

you are the best MRM :)

which wheels are you going to make for the 458 ?

#72 OFFLINE   ayaxr

ayaxr

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1058 posts
  • Favorite Brands:HWE, AUTOart, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: pa

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:41 AM

Cant wait to see that finished 599! You know I'm a fan :)

#73 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

That 599 is Bianco Fuji pearl and pretty soon it will be on its way to its owner in Dubai

#74 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

Novitec Rosso

Posted Image

Perfect for Ferrari F430, 599, 612, 575 Superamerica and Maserati 3200/cabrio, Granturismo.
 :wavetowel2:

Edited by mrm, 25 May 2011 - 03:36 PM.

#75 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

My rims look nice with real tires!

Do you mind sharing images of the 599 and Maybach with us when it's done? I can't wait to see some outside shots of Bianco Fuji!!!  

BTW here's Brabus Monoblock S knockoff wheels with the lips:

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.